My Life Flashed Past My Eyes

Radar501

This was when I was 20 I am now just turned 28. Was living in the village with mom, my second trip to Thailand. Didn't have any friends because I could speak hardly anything at the time. So my cousin, a friend of hers had a younger nephew who had been staying in Thailand from America like I was.

So he came over, he was 17 at the time, but we had a lot in common, and both acted the same, likes same music, both made music ( what's the chance right ? )

We kicked it a couple times. Then we went to the bar just up the street from my moms. And we drinking or whatever telling story's. cracking jokes shits like that, just happy we can speak English and understand each other topic wise.

Then a group of "government" officials came in had some drinks but where eyeing us like (annoyed) some thai/farangs where in there drinking. Anyways.. Dude i was with could speak and understand a whole lot better than me, and was kinda going back and forth with the table (dumb it's me and him) and like 7 grown thai people at the other...

Read your story makes me thinking about that many young drunk farangs who talk and act loudly, with no respect for the local people/uses. Then down the road in the dark you guys gets paranoid, and lastly that the guys who weren't any aggressive while in the car saw the blade and thought you wanna harm/attack them, IMO you have totally messed up with it.

Edited by maxtingtong

recently had an handmade gun pointed to the stomach because I not gave away some minutes before few hundred bahts to some young guys in a toilet of a bar. Keep cool, at the end of 10 minutes the small young psyco bastard decided we were friends and was asking me the typical 'taxi driver' questions (where you from how old are you etc) at the same time willing to shoot some cambodian folks sit at other table.

Years ago another psyco was looking for me in a beach party with a gun in his hand because I was with his ex girlfriend.

Too many guns around here, with sick owners. Antarai

Edited by maxtingtong

This was when I was 20 I am now just turned 28. Was living in the village with mom, my second trip to Thailand. Didn't have any friends because I could speak hardly anything at the time. So my cousin, a friend of hers had a younger nephew who had been staying in Thailand from America like I was.

So he came over, he was 17 at the time, but we had a lot in common, and both acted the same, likes same music, both made music ( what's the chance right ? )

We kicked it a couple times. Then we went to the bar just up the street from my moms. And we drinking or whatever telling story's. cracking jokes shits like that, just happy we can speak English and understand each other topic wise.

Then a group of "government" officials came in had some drinks but where eyeing us like (annoyed) some thai/farangs where in there drinking. Anyways.. Dude i was with could speak and understand a whole lot better than me, and was kinda going back and forth with the table (dumb it's me and him) and like 7 grown thai people at the other...

Read your story makes me thinking about that many young drunk farangs who talk and act loudly, with no respect for the local people/uses. Then down the road in the dark you guys gets paranoid, and lastly that the guys who weren't any aggressive while in the car saw the blade and thought you wanna harm/attack them, IMO you have totally messed up with it.

Hell yea we was loud lol, just like they are loud when they drink, what American Thai people are louder drunks because we are from America?

Another thing, like I said they pull up and it's basically "your getting a ride with us, no way out of it" what where we supposed to do.

We aren't the white man who goes in to a PATTAYA pub full of Thais and thinks they are king. This was a local VERY SMALL bar in my village which you would be lucky to see more than 4-5 people there at a time. This paticular night was different though.

We showed respect, but they where tossing the insults and giving us the annoyed looks first. We left the bar with out incident.

The places where I have most feared for my safety? Glasgow on New Year's Eve a long time ago. the Bowery in New York, coming out of a pub in Brixton, London and discovering that there were no more whities on the street, very dark it was.

The people around here, including police officers, look like pirates to my eyes. When I first moved here I was convinced that my SIL was plotting to slit my throat, he turned out to be a nice, hard working guy.

I decided to stop being paranoid (and being naif) a long time ago, that definitely helps. Going home knackered and going for a drink in a very rough bar was never a problem for me, people could see that I didn't give a s**t (because I was knackered).