Ombudsman Hands Foreign Ministry Ultimatum Over Thaksin's Passport

webfact

It was actually the previous Gov that revoked Thaksin's Diplomatic Passport from him, over the charges that were laid against him and the fact that he may have been a threat to the country. The current Gov re issued it to him, as he was no longer a threat to Thailand. His sister Yingluck has nothing to do with issuing passports and it is entirely up to the foreign ministry to make that decision.

Are you sure about that? the fact that the sister who also happens to be the PM has nothing to do with it?

Yingluck had nothing to do with Thaksin being issued his passport when she was elected in to power. The Foreign ministry issued the passport to him and Yingluck can't change any rules and regulations or revoke any passports. Any changes to the rules and regulations must be made through the foreign ministry first and submitted to Parliament for consideration.

Maybe I'm reading this the wrong way but this isn't about changing any rules but abiding by those that are already there. The PM is being asked, as far as I can see tell the Foreign ministry to do it's job. Even if she can't make them do anything it's going to look pretty bad if they just ignore her. She could also sack the minister.

You're not reading it the wrong way.

They went to Yingluck directly because her subordinate didn't respond (even though he bald-faced lied and said he had) to the Ombudsman Office directing him to follow his own Foreign Ministry's regulations.

It's a cop-out for her to say she doesn't have anything to do with it and that it's on the Foreign Ministry's shoulders. She DOES have something to do with it. She's the Foreign Minister's boss (even though she's his younger cousin). She's being tasked to do what bosses are expected to do when one of their subordinates fail.

She's fond of saying she was the boss of multitudes of AIS employees as its CEO.... does she not understand how management is expected to manage their employees?

It's why they are having to give even her an ultimatum. She's not doing her job. Pursuant to that ultimatum, she's also being told of the consequences for NOT doing her job.

.Additionally, here's a prime opportunity to display her claims of being the real Prime Minister.

Prove it by doing your job and taking away his passport as you're legally required to do in the first place..... never mind that you have to be given an ultimatum to do so.

Edited by Buchholz
  • Like 2

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They went to Yingluck directly because her subordinate didn't respond (even though he bald-faced lied and said he had) to the Ombudsman Office directing him to follow his own Foreign Ministry's regulations.

It's a cop-out for her to say she doesn't have anything to do with it and that it's on the Foreign Ministry's shoulders. She DOES have something to do with it. She's the Foreign Minister's boss (even though she's his younger cousin). She's being tasked to do what bosses are expected to do when one of their subordinates fail.

She's fond of saying she was the boss of multitudes of AIS employees as its CEO.... does she not understand how management is expected to manage their employees?

It's why they are having to give even her an ultimatum. She's not doing her job. Pursuant to that ultimatum, she's also being told of the consequences for NOT doing her job.

.Additionally, here's a prime opportunity to display her claims of being the real Prime Minister.

Prove it by doing your job and taking away his passport as you're legally required to do in the first place..... never mind that you have to be given an ultimatum to do so.

That will be the day, I would think there is more chance of J.C. making a comeback and returning than our current PM doing anything remotely like cancelling the puppet-masters passport, no need to ask for it back - just a cancellation fixes the problem.

Ms Yingluck said she would not clarify the issue to the Ombudsman Office herself as the Foreign Ministry was authorised to do that.

Foreign Ministry will clarify about Thaksin passport

http://www.mcot.net/...de#.UR3R6pi5Yg8

As I said, it is not her job to revoke Thaksins passport, it is the job of the Foreign Ministry. As quoted in the link you supplied.

I don’t see a problem with what has been stated, apparently you do. She has delegated this job to the ministry.

Ms Yingluck said she would not clarify the issue to the Ombudsman Office herself as the Foreign Ministry was authorised to do that.

Foreign Ministry will clarify about Thaksin passport

http://www.mcot.net/...de#.UR3R6pi5Yg8

As I said, it is not her job to revoke Thaksins passport, it is the job of the Foreign Ministry. As quoted in the link you supplied.

I don’t see a problem with what has been stated, apparently you do. She has delegated this job to the ministry.

She's not expected to revoke Thaksin's passport. She is, however, expected to direct her subordinate to follow the law.

She's being confronted with allowing him NOT to do his job for the past 155 days since he was directed to comply.

She's being told to do her job... that's she, as his boss, has not fulfilled for the past 155 days.

It's basic chain of command, organizational chart, management hierarchy, or whatever else similar practice is known by.

p.s.

there is no news in the link I provided, only the headline that at some future point, that the FM will clarify. He's 155 days late.

*edited to fix quotes and restore default font*

Edited by Buchholz

If his Thai passport is taken away then that still leaves him with one from the United Emirates and since the UK granted him a visa (so I believe, but on which passport I don't know) does that not mean that any felon can now get a UK visa?

I know I'm just a tad off topic so don't hit me too hard! wink.png

• Like 1

the Ombudsman's Office submitted a recommendation on September 13 last year that the Foreign Ministry review Thaksin's passport status

The Foreign Ministry, which must respond to the Ombudsman within 30 days, in mid-October requested another 30 days to collect information on the issuance.

Since it had not heard from the Ministry since, Raksakecha said his office on Tuesday submitted a letter to the PM asking her to instruct the Foreign Ministry to heed its recommendation.

Much like the proverbial "I swear the check is in the mail"... the Cousin Foreign Ministry lied back in November when it said it had replied to the Ombudsman Office. sick.gif

Thai Foreign Ministry Responds To Ombudsman Over Passport For Thaksin

It was revealed yesterday that the Foreign Ministry sent a written explanation to the Ombudsman's Office, reportedly countering a recommendation by the latter to revoke the travel document.

Foreign Ministry spokesman Manasvi Srisodapol said the note was sent to the Ombudsman's Office, but he declined to reveal details

The devil is in the details.... bah.gif

I thought he was in Dubai?!

Dubai is one of the United Arab Emirates

If his Thai passport is taken away then that still leaves him with one from the United Emirates and since the UK granted him a visa (so I believe, but on which passport I don't know) does that not mean that any felon can now get a UK visa?

He has three other passports (from Montenegro, Nicaragua, and Uganda) besides his Thai passport.

Those are outside the purview of Thailand's Ombudsman Office.

They are only concerned with the illegal issuance of the new Thai passport that was provided to him by his cousin, the Thai Foreign Minister, and the continued stonewalling by him and the Yingluck administration in getting them to comply with the law.

If you want to be hit hard for being off topic you'll have do a lot better than that. Try not mentioning anyone or anything in the Op or subsequent posts.

As for him being allowed into the UK I don't know but my best guess is he's got money. Not in the sense that he would be able to bribe anyone but it always impresses the right people. I don't know which is worse. Thaksin coming back to Thailand or being allowed into my country.

the Ombudsman's Office submitted a recommendation on September 13 last year that the Foreign Ministry review Thaksin's passport status

The Foreign Ministry, which must respond to the Ombudsman within 30 days, in mid-October requested another 30 days to collect information on the issuance.

Since it had not heard from the Ministry since, Raksakecha said his office on Tuesday submitted a letter to the PM asking her to instruct the Foreign Ministry to heed its recommendation.

Much like the proverbial "I swear the check is in the mail"... the Cousin Foreign Ministry lied back in November when it said it had replied to the Ombudsman Office. sick.gif

Thai Foreign Ministry Responds To Ombudsman Over Passport For Thaksin

It was revealed yesterday that the Foreign Ministry sent a written explanation to the Ombudsman's Office, reportedly countering a recommendation by the latter to revoke the travel document.

Foreign Ministry spokesman Manasvi Srisodapol said the note was sent to the Ombudsman's Office, but he declined to reveal details

The devil is in the details.... bah.gif

I thought he was in Dubai?!

Thats not the Devil, thats the "Semi God" whom is in Dubai.rolleyes.gif