Phrae Is Where To Find Real Thailand

Nakham Kevin

Why are you selling? And where will you live when it's sold? What's the price? Might be a bit difficult to sell something so remote, but good luck with it. Sounds like a nice place, but I'm a city person. Remote places drive me crazy.

I think he's wanting to relocate to Glasgow. Great investment opportunities there, by the way. Especially now with the strong baht.

Even making it the European Capital of Culture didn't convince people. I went there once, and that was enough. Grim is a word that comes to mind.

I used to live there ....... rained every day.

Why are you selling? And where will you live when it's sold? What's the price? Might be a bit difficult to sell something so remote, but good luck with it. Sounds like a nice place, but I'm a city person. Remote places drive me crazy.

I think he's wanting to relocate to Glasgow. Great investment opportunities there, by the way. Especially now with the strong baht.

Even making it the European Capital of Culture didn't convince people. I went there once, and that was enough. Grim is a word that comes to mind.
Grim is a word that comes to mind

And thats just the women.

In a way it reminds me of Thailand, men who drink too much, and people talking some strange language understood only by the natives.

As for City of Culture, they tore down the only thing they had that was worth preserving, the Glasgow Apollo and put a bloody cineplex in its place.

Someone should have been charged with crimes against live music for that.

I live in rural Thailand adjoining Mae Wong national park and there are 7 farangs along a 10km stretch of the road but only 2 of us live here full time and the rest live and/or work offshore but it is so nice living out here. PPPPPizza can be found in 7/11 though I don't think even the dog I used to have would eat that, or for a real pizza I can drive 65 km one way to a restaurant owned by a German up in Khampaeng Phet and the beach is "only" about 475 km away.

The ducks in a pond analogy is SPOT ON!

I agree 100% with the original poster!!!!!!!!!!

If I hadn't run out of "Like This" clicks for the day - I would have used them all up here. ;)

I feel the same way at my little oasis in Dan Kwain (outside Korat, Issan). I don't need/want gated communities of fellow expats to enjoy life. Additionally, trying to eek out a meager existence in the USA doesn't sound appealing to me either! Thailand gives me the opportunely to "RETIRE" at 45 and not have to live eating cat food for sustenance. I am willing to put up with the ridiculousness - which even exists back home (just in a different form) in exchange for living in Thailand. I even feel MORE freedom living in Thailand than the USA.

I'd rather be in Glasgow than dingowhoopwhoop in Isaan at the mercy of the missus, sitting on the porch with night after night as the 'family' bleed me dry, with no-one to communicate day in-day out, dreaming of pizza, as the 3 bottles of Leo the wife allows me grow slowly warm....

Edited by HeavyDrinker
  • Like 1

I'd rather be in Glasgow than dingowhoopwhoop in Isaan at the mercy of the missus, sitting on the porch with night after night as the 'family' bleed me dry, with no-one to communicate day in-day out, dreaming of pizza, as the 3 bottles of Leo the wife allows me grow slowly warm....

Maybe you need to stand up for yourself, and not let others walk all over you.

The ducks in a pond analogy is SPOT ON!

I agree 100% with the original poster!!!!!!!!!!

If I hadn't run out of "Like This" clicks for the day - I would have used them all up here. wink.png

I feel the same way at my little oasis in Dan Kwain (outside Korat, Issan). I don't need/want gated communities of fellow expats to enjoy life. Additionally, trying to eek out a meager existence in the USA doesn't sound appealing to me either! Thailand gives me the opportunely to "RETIRE" at 45 and not have to live eating cat food for sustenance. I am willing to put up with the ridiculousness - which even exists back home (just in a different form) in exchange for living in Thailand. I even feel MORE freedom living in Thailand than the USA.

I certainly agree about the freedom part. It's one of the things I love about Thailand. UK and USA are very stifling places in some respects.

Maybe you need to stand up for yourself, and not let others walk all over you.

I live in Bangkok Dave....