Had Rin Boat Taxi Guys Are Scum Of Thailand

Here's a good idea.. Those nasty mafia taxi drivers charging 300 baht for a 15 minute transfer, if it's that extortionate don't pay! Swim!! End of the day, people have a choice... Pay or don't xxxxx go!

Edited by Rooo
Swearing removed.
  • Like 1

Well it sometimes comes down to this, if there are multiple number of people using a taxi boat, then the price per person is less... it's the same with the KP taxi service (songtoas)... there is a big difference between one person going to an area, or a truck load full...

And of course this so called "Mafeir cut of the daily take too (if there is any) ... so if you were alone, 700 baht is really not unreasonable...IMO.... he'd probably would head back to Chaloklum empty... or sit the all day waiting for a ria" ... wants theturn ride...

You know what..........you're right.

I really need to re-evaluate my opinion on that.

• Like 1

The only "scum bags" here on Koh Phangan are the Cheap Charley tourists who think that they can have anything here for 50 Baht (or less)..

300 Baht per person for a taxi boat ride, up the East coast, at this time of year, is a bargain....

Too expensive?? Walk..

That's as straight forward you're going to get and completely correct.

I've walked it from Haad Mae Hat to Thong Sala...........took about 2 hours.........nice walk!

These Haad Rin Boat Taxi guys ripped us off yesterday. I was told they are Thai Mafia so don't mess with them. We paid 300 bhat each to go to Haad Yuan and planned to stay there for 4 days and after taking our money, informed everyone on the boat they are only going to Haad Tien so we are trapped here as we can't get our luggage over the jungle trek to Haad Yuan.

Its pretty nice here in Haad Tien but we had bookings in Haad Yuan so still pissed off

That's too bad, sounds very odd. I've been down there many times and although they do try to push up the prices, it would seem odd for them to go to Thien instead of Yuan, especially since it's a longer trip. Unless you have heavy suitcases however, the walk to Had Yuan isn't that onerous, it's a 15 min walk with no luggage (or just a backpack). Had Thien/Yuan are ill-suited for bringing suitcases... There is a road behind Had Thien / Had Yuan that connects the two, but it's steep. You could ask around if someone is driving there, maybe they could take you along, or at least your luggage.

Good luck either way!

I think a "misswillowgirl" would have more success thumbing a ride in Ko Pang Gnan than my considerably less willowy fat-boy self.

It is my sincere hope that THAT and her knowledge of the back roads and the front roads of Ko Pang Gnan will not land her onto a more somber thread in another medium. Or worse.

But that aside, my impression is that people get into serious trouble here by a) putting too much trust in strangers and B) assuming that "things" here will play out the way they play out back home. They very probably will not.

If "winning existential bets" is how visitors to this country hope to get that "in with the people" thing going, they are in for a rude surprise.

In my twenty five years here I have met more than one Western female passport prisoner.

One in Chiangmai and one in Ko Pang Ngan and a couple in Bangkok.

The "boyfriend experience" they had been seeking was unfolding as a mirror image of what a lot of starry-eyed old f@rts get into.

Expected the unexpected. Have back up plans in place. Be prepared to shelter yourself.

Stay on the roads.

Be careful.

And, ah, "mafia" or not. Don't mess with the locals. One of the SECOND things you notice after a week or so on Samui. Phang Gnan Ko Tao and some of these other "island paradises" is that there is NO law.

Be careful.

Sent from my iPad using ThaiVisa app

The only "scum bags" here on Koh Phangan are the Cheap Charley tourists who think that they can have anything here for 50 Baht (or less)..

300 Baht per person for a taxi boat ride, up the East coast, at this time of year, is a bargain....

Too expensive?? Walk..

That's as straight forward you're going to get and completely correct.

I've walked it from Haad Mae Hat to Thong Sala...........took about 2 hours.........nice walk!

Had Rin to Had Yuan is a very nice walk, too, but it ain't no Sunday stroll.

http://ecophangan.com/nature-trails-treks/Haad-Rin-Nok-to-Haad-Yuan-and-Haad-Thian.html

• Like 1