Anyone Seen Any Good Tv Series Recently?

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I recently saw the new 'Peep Show' series 8 - back on form after a hiatus, you either love or hate it. It's one of my favorite tv shows but I can see how the 1st person way it's filmed annoys the f*** out of others.

What the...? No way. I think I've only seen the first 3. :D

The missus has been watching:

The Inbetweeners

Teachers

New Girl

Community

Cougar Town

How I met your mother

The big bang theory

Girls

Happy endings

Wedding band

By Far, Sons Of Anarchy is one of the best currently running Action/Drama Series. Next season will return in September.

Previous Seasons and Episodes on DVD or can find on the Internet. Random episodes have been shown on True Satellite or Cable.

Sons of Anarchy is the story of the Teller-Morrow family of Charming, California, as well as the other members of Sons of Anarchy Motorcycle Club, Redwood Original (SAMCRO), their families, various Charming townspeople, allies and rival gangs, associates, and law agencies that undermine or support SAMCRO's legal and illegal enterprises.

Stars Charlie Hunnam (who in real life has a strong Irish accent), Ron Perlman and Katey Sagal (Of Married with Children Fame).

• Like 1

By Far, Sons Of Anarchy is one of the best currently running Action/Drama Series. Next season will return in September.

Previous Seasons and Episodes on DVD or can find on the Internet. Random episodes have been shown on True Satellite or Cable.

Sons of Anarchy is the story of the Teller-Morrow family of Charming, California, as well as the other members of Sons of Anarchy Motorcycle Club, Redwood Original (SAMCRO), their families, various Charming townspeople, allies and rival gangs, associates, and law agencies that undermine or support SAMCRO's legal and illegal enterprises.

Stars Charlie Hunnam (who in real life has a strong Irish accent), Ron Perlman and Katey Sagal (Of Married with Children Fame).

Me and the wife love it, although she doesn't see Jax (Charlie Hunnam) in the same light since I showed her "Queer as Folk" in which he plays Nathan, the young gay boy-toy of Aiden Gillen who also happens to show up in the 3rd series of the best tv show of all time (IMHO) - "The Wire"

Edited by Johnny Concrete

Going to watch game of thrones I think... then sons of anarchy. .. Thanks all

Once the clunky dialogue of the first, and the bad acting of the second have led to a loss of interest.... Then move on to Mad Men.

I watched 4 seasons in 4 weeks. I felt it outperforms Shakespeare.

Recent :

comedy : anger management

modern family

last man standing

big bang theory

don't trust the B in app 23

rules of engagement

regular: Burn notice

white collar

CASTLE

californication

shameless US

house of lies

breaking bad

parenthood

girls

Dallas

revenge

Talk shows : every weekday new , depending on guests:

Leno

conan

fallon

chelsea lately

craig ferguson

odies but great : PRISON BREAK

lost

ENTOURAGE

No need to buy !! All available on the internet.

http://eztv.it/showlist/

breaking bad

modern family

How to Make it in America

Life's Too Short

sons of anarchy.

OZ

Freaks and Geaks (fantastic)

Larry Sanders

I Claudius

WKRP

beggars and choosers

Homeland (especially if you are patriotic!!!)

Rome

The Sandbaggers (best spy series EVER)

Dangerman (1960)

Life on Mars (Brit)

Outsourced

Deadwood

Underbelly Badness (bunch of crime drama series from Australia - some really good!)

Bronx is Burning

The Newsroom

The Good Wife

The Wire

Boston Legal

Law and Order (first series only - first 6 seasons)

Black Mirror

Bored to Death

Less Than Kind

Odyssey 5 (best ever SciFi)

Awake

Extras

Episodes

Trailer Park Boys (first 3 seasons)

The Anthony Bourdain series on eating round the world is quite good.

I think "No Reservations" has finished; he did do another show recently called "The Layover".

Anthony Bourdain penned a few Treme eps, presumably the cooking related story-lines with Kim Dickens, Eric Ripert and David Chang.

He also had a guest spot on a recent Archer episode, S04E07, as the "Bastard Chef", it was pretty good. He also has had some cameos on The Simpsons.

And his graphic novel, "Get Jiro" is fun.

The Anthony Bourdain series on eating round the world is quite good.

I think "No Reservations" has finished; he did do another show recently called "The Layover".

Anthony Bourdain penned a few Treme eps, presumably the cooking related story-lines with Kim Dickens, Eric Ripert and David Chang.

He also had a guest spot on a recent Archer episode, S04E07, as the "Bastard Chef", it was pretty good. He also has had some cameos on The Simpsons.

And his graphic novel, "Get Jiro" is fun.

No Reservations is done. He has a new show debuting soon on CNN. For part of it, he goes to Burma, if you will.

Thanks, got all 3 seasons shortly after your post, watched the first four or so, quite good (writing, characters) given the obvious budget/production limitations.

Not sure how I missed this one way back when?

Did anyone else like "Ripper Street"? I thought it was pretty good, just 8 eps.

Thanks, got all 3 seasons shortly after your post, watched the first four or so, quite good (writing, characters) given the obvious budget/production limitations.

Not sure how I missed this one way back when?

Glad you liked it. People call it "the best show you never heard of..."

From http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Sandbaggers:

The Sandbaggers inverts most of the conventions of the spy thriller genre. In sharp contrast to the "girls, guns, and gadgets" motif established by the James Bond movies, The Sandbaggers features very few action sequences, no flashy cars, and no high-tech gizmos. On more than one occasion, in fact, characters explicitly disparage the fictitious Bond and the romanticized view of the intelligence business that some amateurs and outsiders have. In contrast, Neil Burnside is a harried spymaster who doesn't drink; Willie Caine is a secret agent who abhors guns and violence; and no character is seen to have sex over the course of the series.

Edited by wjmark

Thanks for reminding me about Falling Skies. I did not realize that 5 episodes of season 2 are out already. wai.gif

all of season 2 is out, all 10 episodes, but no word on when series 3 will start

Thanks for reminding me about Falling Skies. I did not realize that 5 episodes of season 2 are out already. wai.gif

all of season 2 is out, all 10 episodes, but no word on when series 3 will start

My mistake. I forgot that I had watched both series at the same time. I watched the first episode of year two last night and realized that I had already seen it.

"Sons of Anarchy", aka "Hamlet on Two Wheels".

"Breaking Bad", aka "Goodbye Mr. Chips...Hello Tony Montana".

"Justified" is pretty good, especially if you like Elmore Leonard.

Aiden Gillen is also in "Game of Thrones".

Aiden Gillen was Charlie Hunnam's boyfriend in Queer as Folk... (The UK version)

Not really enjoying game of thrones. ... 2 episodes in.... shall I persevere? ?

I'm not crazy about it either. The only character that interests me is the midget.

The dragons look good and their nakedthumbsup.gif