I Would Like To Go To Bed... But

rene123

It is against the law to have music after midnight and loud amplified music needs a b300 licence.

...and, you can get the 300 baht license the morning after if some cranky, bothersome, humourless farang neighbour calls the cops on your spontaneous, moobahn, all night birthday party for the wife, replete with singers, comedians and dancers.
In the morning after, it would rather be the 1'000 Baht "licence" for the cop showing up to forget he was ever called to "investigate"...
You may be speaking from supposition. I speak from personal experience.

I was wrong in thinking it was a private party. It is ANOTHER kareoke bar/noise maker, to join the 20 other ones down the road. The off key singing is in full bore again tonight. Oh well, only another few weeks to put up with it. I may even grow to accept the noise. Constant noise is a funny thing; it can often become the norm, and then when silence actually comes it wakes you up. It was like that the other night when I fell asleep to the loud beat. It is also like that in the forest when a predator appears. Prior to that the birds are all singing, but when they grow quiet you know that something is up and to be aware of your surroundings. That has happened on more than one occasion with me when hiking in British Columbia forests. On each occasion I've seen a bear or a cougar.

Its Sunday night and the neighbor two sois over is having a party with the music pulsating through my walls. I dont know why Thai's think this is appropriate and no one ever says anything.

I listen almost exclusively to death metal ....... the neighbours and I have an understanding ....... the understanding is my amp and speakers are bigger than theirs. Don't get mad, get even.

I've got some little speakers, Tommo, but I could put them on my balcony and play country and western music non-stop. I wonder if anyone would get the message.

I've got some foam ear plugs my father brought back from some construction site, but I find them almost as annoying as the sound. I'll check out those silicone ones when I get back home in a few weeks.

yes I believe the general inconsiderate and unavoidable noise here can be very stressful.

I don't believe I could remain here witthout '' BOOTS wax ear plugs'' . Sometimes, rarely, you cam get them locally, but I have friemds buy a load in the UK.

My neighbor`s son had an orgy last night. The moans and groans coming out of that place kept me awake all night and the oh yes, oh yeses, let me have it big boy, were definitely off key.

The worst part was, that I wasn’t invited.

This is typical discrimination against farangs by the Thais. Sick of it I am.

I've got some foam ear plugs my father brought back from some construction site, but I find them almost as annoying as the sound. I'll check out those silicone ones when I get back home in a few weeks.

I sleep with with foam earplugs every night when I'm working away on an oil rig. You soon get used to it.

One night I woke up dreaming I was eating dinner and realised the earplug was in my mouth and I was chewing it in my sleep

• Like 1

I was wrong in thinking it was a private party. It is ANOTHER kareoke bar/noise maker, to join the 20 other ones down the road. The off key singing is in full bore again tonight. Oh well, only another few weeks to put up with it. I may even grow to accept the noise. Constant noise is a funny thing; it can often become the norm, and then when silence actually comes it wakes you up. It was like that the other night when I fell asleep to the loud beat. It is also like that in the forest when a predator appears. Prior to that the birds are all singing, but when they grow quiet you know that something is up and to be aware of your surroundings. That has happened on more than one occasion with me when hiking in British Columbia forests. On each occasion I've seen a bear or a cougar.

If there are 20 other bars down the street, it sounds like you are living in the wrong place and need to move. Joining 20 different "parties" every night might really put a hurtin on you!

My neighbor`s son had an orgy last night. The moans and groans coming out of that place kept me awake all night and the oh yes, oh yeses, let me have it big boy, were definitely off key.

The worst part was, that I wasn’t invited.

This is typical discrimination against farangs by the Thais. Sick of it I am.

You're probably used to it, not sick of it...

Its Sunday night and the neighbor two sois over is having a party with the music pulsating through my walls. I dont know why Thai's think this is appropriate and no one ever says anything.

It's because they are selfish and nobody complains because they are violent if insulted or embarrassed.

I listen almost exclusively to death metal ....... the neighbours and I have an understanding ....... the understanding is my amp and speakers are bigger than theirs. Don't get mad, get even.

Tommo, but you had to spend money. I could run them all off for free. I'd just grab a microphone and start singing and within seconds there would be no one in sight. tongue.pngtongue.png

yes I believe the general inconsiderate and unavoidable noise here can be very stressful. I don't believe I could remain here witthout '' BOOTS wax ear plugs'' . Sometimes, rarely, you cam get them locally, but I have friemds buy a load in the UK.

Anyone living in Pattaya and seeking silicone earplugs send me a PM. Their is a place that does custom fittings for 1k baht, will not block all the noise but more effective than off the shelf product

Edited by simple1

for Christ's sake . your neighbors are had a party and its finished and you are complaining now , maybe they are having a party to stop thinking of you complaining .oh, and since when is this a complaint forum , i thought it was somewhere where you go to get advise or wisdom.

so now we all know what is wrong with you ....only joking biggrin.png thin lizzzy sounds great up loud

Slipknot are NOT Death Metal BTW. Just Heavy Metal...tosser...

Death Metal

Death metal is a genre of music ambiguous in

origin. But its classification can only be defined by two common

characteristics; low growling often gutteral vocals and distorted

guitars. The degrees of these may vary.

It's because they are selfish and nobody complains because they are violent if insulted or embarrassed.

-

The "rights" of the individual have very little importance here compared to group sanook.

They would consider anyone trying to tone down the party to be the selfish one, you can go sleep anywhere after all, why not just kip on down the road?

Actually I'm not "defending" it, just pointing out that's the way it is not much can be done about it, but if it makes you feel better feel free to B&M to like-minded fellow farang, we hear you 8-)

Slipknot are NOT Death Metal BTW. Just Heavy Metal...tosser...

Oh yes they are .............

whatever they are i love it, two drummers going hard at the same time, that will pump anyone up.

I had a slipknot song as my entry music when i was in the ring, also firestarter by the prodigy.

-

The "rights" of the individual have very little importance here compared to group sanook.

They would consider anyone trying to tone down the party to be the selfish one, you can go sleep anywhere after all, why not just kip on down the road?

Actually I'm not "defending" it, just pointing out that's the way it is not much can be done about it, but if it makes you feel better feel free to B&M to like-minded fellow farang, we hear you 8-)

That was exactly the point I made when I said... quote "I also said I can understand and accept people having fun on a saturday night... even though it kept me up last night when I was tired from a long day. And yes, had I gone down and joined them they would probably have accepted me as one of theirs and offered me a beer. That is how the Thais are... friendly."

I DO know that the rights of a group supercede those of an individual here in Thailand... unless that individual is some high ranking official. And, I also said that I would hate to be the spoil sport ruining someone elses party. I can put up with a lot if it is only for a short period of time.

OH ! go to bed you sad git.

Rene, Thais just love noise, if someone dies in your'e Mooban, you get noise for about a week from morning till night, very unpleasant noise at that. It is Thai tradition to have these noises when people die, I will never be critical of that, but these big loud speakers have nothing to do with tradition, it is only in recent decades this has started. Think of young babies having to listen to that racket from 7am till about 11pm every day for about a week. This is another reason why I question Thai mentality. I do not come on to this forum to Thai bash as some would say, I just call things as I see them, and I certainly have a lot to praise about this country.

We didn't play any music, strange

I can put up with a lot if it is only for a short period of time.

-

But it's normal for weddings, funerals etc to go on for days; no one cares what you're willing to put up with.

If you can't stand it, just go find a hotel for a while, nothing else to be done really - or rather trying to actually put a stop to it, even expressing your annoyance will only hurt your own interests.

IMO especially upcountry.

Edited by FunFon