Refund Of Airtaxes?

Sandman77

Hello!

To special question!

I booked now online a ticket to europe for my thai girlfriend !

Because she is non eu citizen , I think there could be a way to refound the government tax of nearly 20 procent!

One time I read for Germany airplane tickets outside eu has not been taxed, but this not affect other eu country's! Today I also heard if a flight allready payed but chanced, no matter what reason the passenger have the right to claim the airport taxes back!

Op is famous for posting his every thought without thinking too much...

But Sandman: NO, you can not refund the tax on the airline ticket.

And second: google for airline traveler rights (actually you should google "Fluggastrechte" to find it in German...) and you will find the information for your second question

And second: google for airline traveler rights (actually you should google "Fluggastrechte" to find it in German...) and you will find the information for your second question

But you can obtain a refund for airport tax e.g. AirAsia

Only if you don't fly. Or am I missing something?

Only if you don't fly. Or am I missing something?

Of course, was agreeing with the last sentence in the OP's post. For me a confusing post, but he may be also talking about the EU Carbon Tax, now been rescinded, in his comment on flights out of Germany

Edited by simple1

Ol' sandman woke up today with his head full of random thoughts. Looks like we're all enduring a data dump this morning.

Are baby carrots healthier than regular carrots?

And his girlfriend should be about 8 months pregnant by now if I recall the previous posts. Think he also had some idea that children can acquire the nationality of the airline and also get free flights for life if born on board smile.png

• Like 2

You are all wrong! I called the thai air hotline in germany!

The answer was on the hotline, if passenger lost the flight no matter what reason , sik, or delay!

Passenger have the possibility write a letter to the airline, to refund air taxes of around 250€!

Everything I post, I check before its true,if not I not post it!

Most people mix here something together, that's has nothing to do with the question !

Same in the children's garden here!

You are all wrong! I called the thai air hotline in germany! The answer was on the hotline, if passenger lost the flight no matter what reason , sik, or delay! Passenger have the possibility write a letter to the airline, to refund air taxes of around 250€! Everything I post, I check before its true,if not I not post it! Most people mix here something together, that's has nothing to do with the question ! Same in the children's garden here!

Congrats - Understand English is not your first language, but many times with your posts it is difficult to decipher the actual meaning or context of the question.

You are all wrong! I called the thai air hotline in germany! The answer was on the hotline, if passenger lost the flight no matter what reason , sik, or delay! Passenger have the possibility write a letter to the airline, to refund air taxes of around 250€! Everything I post, I check before its true,if not I not post it! Most people mix here something together, that's has nothing to do with the question ! Same in the children's garden here!

If i don't fly i get a full refund from the insurance.

No, it's you who are wrong. You called Germany, those rules apply only to flights originating from the EU, there is no obligation for Thai to follow the same rules for flights originating from Thailand. Your post (as always) is also nonsensical because any refunds have nothing to do with whether you are an EU citizen or not which seemed to be the point of your claim. Furthermore even if you were flying from the EU the refund only applies to the German Air Transport Tax which amounts to around 1600 THB. Also the airline can (and usually do) apply an administration charge, in the case of British Airways for example that is £30 on APD of £55 on a long haul flight from the UK.

Have fun writing to Thai to claim your refund smile.png

• Like 1

Sandman: If you would first think, then write your thoughts in German and use Google to translate, people could read and understand your posts... but as long as you write in English without prior thinking, you will always mess up....

You wrote about "Government Tax" for your GF's flight. Government Tax is VAT is Mehrwertsteuer and definitely is non-refundable. Airport fees (security fees) and fuel surcharge are not government taxes (they are not taxes at all) and yes, those are refundable IN EUROPE, but not worldwide, that is country / region specific. If you would have googled for passenger rights as I suggested to you, you would have found that without having to call Thai Airway.

And... just by the way... the refund will have to be requested through the place you booked, can be the Airline directly or the travel agent... but if you booked through Thai Airways in Thailand, I very much doubt that they would refund the airport and fuel charges... Thailand regulations are not EU regulations...

• Like 1

No, it's you who are wrong. You called Germany, those rules apply only to flights originating from the EU, there is no obligation for Thai to follow the same rules for flights originating from Thailand. Your post (as always) is also nonsensical because any refunds have nothing to do with whether you are an EU citizen or not which seemed to be the point of your claim. Furthermore even if you were flying from the EU the refund only applies to the German Air Transport Tax which amounts to around 1600 THB. Also the airline can (and usually do) apply an administration charge, in the case of British Airways for example that is £30 on APD of £55 on a long haul flight from the UK.

Have fun writing to Thai to claim your refund smile.png

maybe he believes it now that he reads it twice... you beat me while I was still writing