Rather Strange Yet Somewhat Funny Experience With Bank Loan

Short version.

I bought a bike with finance, payment due today.

Go to the store( as i was advised for 1st payment to be made at the store) to make the payment, only to be asked if i had any papers from the bank.

I did not receive any papers as of yet.

Shop calls the bank and advises me that bank has some kind of problem issuing the papers(payment cards) so i do not need to pay.

If i do not receive anything within next month, AGAIN not to worry or do anything, but wait for the papers, before making the payment.

Anyone had a similar experience? I just find it rather funny that the bank has a "problem" and no solution to receive payments for the loan

Yes, I would not trust this.

Go to the bank yourself and get it sorted out. A headache, but likely less of one than you will have if you don't.

I can not really go to the bank, because i do not have any papers, account numbers of anything.

Shop did call the bank right in front of me, so no reason to doubt this is what the shop was told.r

MY only worry, this being Thailand, it may turn out that the person who the shop spoke to gave out wrong information and while it is the fault of bank and shop, i will be made to pay.

But again, where do i go and what do i say if i go to bank myself, no paperwork at all. Also from experience with the car, only 1 person handles the matter at one specific branch and no one else has any clue at all, can not even tell you the balance

Go to the bank yourself and get it sorted out. A headache, but likely less of one than you will have if you don't.

I can not really go to the bank, because i do not have any papers, account numbers of anything.

Shop did call the bank right in front of me, so no reason to doubt this is what the shop was told.r

MY only worry, this being Thailand, it may turn out that the person who the shop spoke to gave out wrong information and while it is the fault of bank and shop, i will be made to pay.

But again, where do i go and what do i say if i go to bank myself, no paperwork at all. Also from experience with the car, only 1 person handles the matter at one specific branch and no one else has any clue at all, can not even tell you the balance

You can always make a call to the call center to clear things up. With your name ( name on the loan agreement ), they should be able to tell you what's up.

You can always make a call to the call center to clear things up. With your name ( name on the loan agreement ), they should be able to tell you what's up.

No loan agreement, call center needs account number otherwise they can not even do a search and pass you between departments all day long. Already gone through this with my car when i wanted to get the balance of the loan, spent all day and i did have the account/agreement number

How come no paper work! Surely you have your copy of the agreement?

new bike or 2nd hand?

Have Krungsri been and checked your place of work?

Sent from my i-mobile i-STYLE Q6

Brand new and no paperwork as in from the bank. They did come and checked out the business, i already have the bike for a month.

I have a feeling the loans guy screwed something up, because he no longer works for the bank.

Would not it be great for me, if i never had to paygiggle.gif

Didn't you have to sign a loan agreement?

If yes; why do you not have a copy of the loan agreement...

If no; why pay for the bike at all?

Who holds the title to the bike?

Yes i did sign, but everything was single copy at the shop. Bank was suppose to mail everything (copy's) including the card to pay.

Good question why pay for the bike, even if i really wanted, i can not biggrin.png

Do not know yet who hold the title,should be the bank, but need to wait for full registration, around 3 months to see if i get the green book or get a copy of green book with the banks name on it.

As i said, really strange and rather messy

so basically you are a foreigner driving around on someone elses bike (no title), without any paperwork, no insurance, no payment history...

You are in shake down territory now my friend...I wouldn't sit my butt on it or even park it on my property until I had at least a copy of the documents from the bike shop.

new bike or 2nd hand?

Brand new and no paperwork as in from the bank. They did come and checked out the business, i already have the bike for a month.

I have a feeling the loans guy screwed something up, because he no longer works for the bank.

Won't be so great when the bike gets reposessed and/or you are arrested...

Seriously, I appreciate the difficulty given that you lack a reference number but I think you need to go to the Bank, with a native Thai speaker, and explain the whole thing and that the papers seem to have been lost in the mail. (Quite likely the recent departure of the person who handler this played a part in the problem.)

How did the bike shop get info from the Bank on the phone in the absence of any papers or loan number? Either they have some sort of reference number in their files (in which case get it from them) or it's not that hard to do.

so basically you are a foreigner driving around on someone elses bike (no title), without any paperwork, no insurance, no payment history...

You are in shake down territory now my friend...I wouldn't sit my butt on it or even park it on my property until I had at least a copy of the documents from the bike shop.

Incorrect, i have insurance and have paperwork from the shop, but nothing from the bank

new bike or 2nd hand?

Seriously, I appreciate the difficulty given that you lack a reference number but I think you need to go to the Bank, with a native Thai speaker, and explain the whole thing and that the papers seem to have been lost in the mail. (Quite likely the recent departure of the person who handler this played a part in the problem.)

How did the bike shop get info from the Bank on the phone in the absence of any papers or loan number? Either they have some sort of reference number in their files (in which case get it from them) or it's not that hard to do.

I know what you saying the problem is, which branch. Because they only have 1 branch which handles the loans and which person. Because as i have experienced before, it is useless just going into the branch and speaking with a teller or calling call center, because they do not have access and do not know where to even start to look.

If by miracle i find the branch, who to speak to, because again they have many people and accounts are split between them, but no way to check.

I am sure before they take any actions, they will contact me to issue some kind of warning or payment reminder, that is providing the loans officer actually did do his job, not just paid out the shop and forgot to put through the paperwork.

I will wait for another month and if no papers, will have to think of what and how to deal with it

Ops, sorry forgot to address your last point. Shop just called the new loans officer and told him have a customer to come to pay, but still not received the paperwork.

Edited by lemoncake

new bike or 2nd hand?

Would not it be great for me, if i never had to pay

I know what you saying the problem is, which branch. Because they only have 1 branch which handles the loans and which person. Because as i have experienced before, it is useless just going into the branch and speaking with a teller or calling call center, because they do not have access and do not know where to even start to look.

If by miracle i find the branch, who to speak to, because again they have many people and accounts are split between them, but no way to check.

I am sure before they take any actions, they will contact me to issue some kind of warning or payment reminder, that is providing the loans officer actually did do his job, not just paid out the shop and forgot to put through the paperwork.

I will wait for another month and if no papers, will have to think of what and how to deal with it

Ops, sorry forgot to address your last point. Shop just called the new loans officer and told him have a customer to come to pay, but still not received the paperwork.

Don't go then.... I really don't know why you bothered posting if your not willing to listen. By contacting the bank you are just helping to ensure no problems in the future. Maybe try using the bike frame number as reference that should be on their paperwork.

If the dealership didnt get paid and the bike insured, it wont leave the premises. My first car in Thailand(2000) took 2 months before 1st payment. You have the insurance papers I suppose?

Edited by MegaRanter

Your a funny guy there - lemon head. You talk up a big storm but it seems that you only have the wherewithall to give a down payment that will qualify you for a loan for a motorcycle in Thailand.....Please tell me it's not a Wave. hahahaaha After the Bull@%$# that you posted on the thread I started...this is all you got in real life???? You can't even figure out how to make your payments....hahahahaha you're absolutely brilliant. I have not sorted out my cash flow problems yet, but I have one and I know where all my chanotes are. You're a joke.

Your a funny guy there - lemon head. You talk up a big storm but it seems that you only have the wherewithall to give a down payment that will qualify you for a loan for a motorcycle in Thailand.....Please tell me it's not a Wave. hahahaaha After the Bull@%$# that you posted on the thread I started...this is all you got in real life???? You can't even figure out how to make your payments....hahahahaha you're absolutely brilliant. I have not sorted out my cash flow problems yet, but I have one and I know where all my chanotes are. You're a joke.

The funny part is i am the one who can get loans, while you can notwhistling.gif

And with all the wealth you have claimed to have, you seem to be the one with financial difficulties,w00t.gif

Is not that worth a laugh?

If the dealership didnt get paid and the bike insured, it wont leave the premises. My first car in Thailand(2000) took 2 months before 1st payment. You have the insurance papers I suppose?

Yes, do have insurance papers and purchase papers from the shop, just nothing from the bank

new bike or 2nd hand?

Don't go then.... I really don't know why you bothered posting if your not willing to listen. By contacting the bank you are just helping to ensure no problems in the future. Maybe try using the bike frame number as reference that should be on their paperwork.

It is not about not listening, it is about doing realistic things.

Banks can not search by engine numbers or number plates. They only search by account numbers.

Furthermore loans are handled by separate departments and specific person and that person is the only one who has access to your account and information.

When go to a branch, the advise to call call center, when call center they advise to go to a branch or contact loans department. When contact loans department they ask for your account number. When you can not provide account number, they take your number and advise they will call back, only they do not.

As i have said, i have a car loan and have gone through the experience already numerous times

• 2 weeks later...

new bike or 2nd hand?

Banks can not search by engine numbers or number plates. They only search by account numbers.

Furthermore loans are handled by separate departments and specific person and that person is the only one who has access to your account and information.

When go to a branch, the advise to call call center, when call center they advise to go to a branch or contact loans department. When contact loans department they ask for your account number. When you can not provide account number, they take your number and advise they will call back, only they do not.

As i have said, i have a car loan and have gone through the experience already numerous times

Amusing story indeed. But with insurance and papers on the bike sorted, why worry or bother with extra work to pay now, rather than next month. Not your problem if the bank takes a long time to sort things, though I'd doubt you'd be so lucky as to get the bike for free. More likely they'll hit you with some bullshit about paying late, as some other poster alluded too. ;-)

What bank??

Very strange!

Krungsi

This happened to me with my Pickup, we put down 30% and drove the truck away, A month passed and we had still not received anything from the bank - so we called Toyota - all in good time they said. Sure enough the bill finally came and on we go.

The funny part is i am the one who can get loans, while you can notwhistling.gif

And with all the wealth you have claimed to have, you seem to be the one with financial difficulties,w00t.gif

I was all up for paying our truck cash, till they said with a 30% deposit your wife gets a 1.5% a year interest rate. Sure I know not everyone has excellent credit. What fool parts with the cash whilst it's sat earning considerably more than 1.5%? Finance on vehicles in Thailand is not a bad thing at all.

I was all up for paying our truck cash, till they said with a 30% deposit your wife gets a 1.5% a year interest rate. Sure I know not everyone has excellent credit. What fool parts with the cash whilst it's sat earning considerably more than 1.5%? Finance on vehicles in Thailand is not a bad thing at all.

You may need to ask Canada this one, he is expert on money and investments

new bike or 2nd hand?

Amusing story indeed. But with insurance and papers on the bike sorted, why worry or bother with extra work to pay now, rather than next month. Not your problem if the bank takes a long time to sort things, though I'd doubt you'd be so lucky as to get the bike for free. More likely they'll hit you with some bullshit about paying late, as some other poster alluded too. ;-)

Well believe it or not, but still no papers from the bank and its 2 months already.