Liverpool F.c.

scousemouse

Fu_ck me Lucas talking the Scum shi_t rag , yeah right! anyway whens Evans of to Barca James?

Didnt say I believed it Dev, don't get your undies in a knot. Do they make the quotes up? cool

Evans to Barca, unlikely.

Its the source 'The S**' mentioned in the Sky Sports article who claim to quote the player, please keep up James! the rumors don't bother me just the source.

I heard there will be International games 3 days before the start of the season :) why? they better not just be pointless friendlies.

Well there's no WC QUalifiers Scheduled & i'm not aware of an England Friendly, at least..

There are a few World Cup Qualifiers scheduled and for friendlies looks like England play Netherlands and Spain play Macedonia. Well, I'm not sure about that England game as it may have been canceled. Ok, maybe it's on as far as I can tell.

Edited by Jimjim

hi thailand liverpool fans..[of course i am a liverpool fans too!]

i will be coming to thailand and i have a few questions..

i hope you can help me as i dont know where should i open a new topic in this forum..

1.Is bangkok has official store of liverpool?and where is it?

2.Is there any live broadcast of english premier league? i want to know the tv channel!

[Do you know is there any cable tv in thai's hotel?]

Thx so much~

1. No official store I think but you can go to the Adidas store in Central World Plaza, a mall in the center of Bangkok near the Chit Lom BTS skytrain stop as it has a lot of Liverpool gear. Well, there may be an official Liverpool store at another mall but I can't be certain so I won't mention it.

2. Every single Premier League match is on television, so watching Liverpool is quite easy. Matches are usually on True Visions on True Sport 1, 2, 3, 4, or 5 I believe. You can often find matches on at many bars or pubs as Liverpool is the most popular team in Thailand. And yes, you can get matches on TV in hotels but it depends on the hotel.

Aquolani was at our place earlier in the Summer for Medical treatment believe it or not..

Seemed to be injured a hel_l of a lot for Roma over the past few Years but IS a very, very good Player, when fit...

Alonso's a HUGE loss though sadly & i know one Man doesn't make a Team but i thought he really made yours tick last Year & a few of the previous Years & am thinking my Tenner i had on Liverpool to win the League this Year is gone..

he has played 109 games in 6 years at roma scoring 9 goals do you think he can cope with the more pysical english game and having to play 2 games a week dont think so.

alonso huge loss very hard to replace a player as good as him.

He's made 147 appearances in 5 season at Roma scoring 15 goals but thanks anyway.

You can call it "6" seasons only because he made two appearances with the first team in the 2002-03 season when he was 18. Then the next season he went out on loan. In the last 6 years he has played in 186 games all told.

Aquilani has now passed his medical and will be out for 4-8 weeks so that's not the best news but hope once he's fit he stays fit. I think we really may see some of Spearing in the coming 2 months. That or Gerrard in center midfield with Yossi or Voronin starting behind Torres. Hmm, Aquilani being injured from the get go says to me that we could really use another versatile signing, someone who can play forward or midfield. If it's not Aquilani being hurt it could be someone else.

Edited by Jimjim

Good article in the Telegraph

Oh and any budding Bloggers please take note :)

Telegraph

Liverpool should be title favorites, no matter what Sir Alex Ferguson says

Somewhat unbelievably, the most cantankerous old man in football, Sir Alex Ferguson, has already dismissed Liverpool’s hopes of winning the Premier League. Yet if the Overlord of English football feels it necessary to lay into Rafa Benitez’s side without a ball of the new season being kicked, it surely only means one thing: Liverpool are a major threat to Manchester United’s hegemony.

Ferguson’s critical assessment - “Liverpool have just had probably their best season for 20 years, finished up with 86 points and still finished four adrift. It will be hard for them to match that, let alone improve. Other teams will read Liverpool better” - is borne out of fear. For while the Anfield club have just lost a key figure in Xabi Alonso, it does not come close to the impact United will feel without Cristiano Ronaldo.

Liverpool fans have been ridiculed in the past for their regular pre-season refrain of ‘This is our season’, but 2009-10 really could, and should be. Never will they have a better chance of ending their league title drought, never will they be better prepared.

Benitez has improved his already formidable defence with the signing of Glen Johnson, and if he replaces Alonso with the exciting Alberto Aquilani and then uses the rest of his transfer budget to sign a striker and/or an out-and-out winger, then I believe Liverpool will win the Premier League by five or six points.

United, going for a record fourth consecutive title, will badly miss Ronaldo, no matter much they protest otherwise. You cannot take the Portuguese’s goals, assists and general aura out of a team and not weaken it. Replacing Ronaldo with Luis Antonio Valencia is akin to trading in a Ferrari for a BMW. Valencia is very good, but he will not score 20+ goals this season and that will put extra pressure on Ferguson’s strike force.

While United fans are now pretending they were never that bothered about Carlos Tevez, the departure of the Argentine has weakened their front line. An awful lot is resting on Dimitar Berbatov, one of last season’s most underwhelming signings, and Michael Owen, one of last season’s most underwhelming footballers.

United simply do not look the force that Liverpool do, no matter how much Ferguson tries to talk himself, and anyone who’ll listen, into it.

Chelsea will be the team to push Benitez’s men closest, and with a strong, settled side rejuvenated under the command of the now departed Guus Hiddink, they will start the new campaign infused with confidence. But the priority at Stamford Bridge is to win the Champions League, and while Carlo Ancelotti has the squad to compete on all fronts, I feel they will fall short of Liverpool.

Arsenal’s fate is reliant upon their next moves in the transfer market. If Arsene Wenger adds the commanding centre-half and defensive midfielder his team needs, they could launch a sustained title bid. However, with injury concerns over the returning Tomas Rosicky and Eduardo, and major upheaval at boardroom level, the environment at the Emirates does not seem conducive to success at present.

Will Manchester City break up the Big Four cartel? The potential is certainly there, and with their summer outlay, that should be the very least of their ambitions. However, I still feel it is unlikely. Mark Hughes has a massive job on his hands moulding his new-look squad into a cohesive unit, and whether he can handle the rampant egos in his dressing room, coupled with the elevated expectation levels foisted upon him, is highly debateable. I expect Hughes to be gone before Christmas, and replaced by Jose Mourinho.

Predictions are almost designed to make you look foolish, so with a heavy heart here is my top seven for the 2009-10 season:

1. Liverpool

2. Chelsea

3. Manchester United

4. Arsenal

5. Tottenham

6. Everton

7. Manchester City

Our last Pre Season.

Athletico Madrid at home, is now showing live on True Sport 1 at 9pm.

Both Forlan and Aguero are starting for Athletico and Torres and Gerrard for Liverpool.

and the score was ?

How dare you ask questions like that & expect a reply 16 hours after the end of the Match Ken... :)

Our last Pre Season.

Both Forlan and Aguero are starting for Athletico and Torres and Gerrard for Liverpool.

and the score was ?

How dare you ask questions like that & expect a reply 16 hours after the end of the Match Ken... :)

It's only advisable whilst wearing this insult/banter proof suit Mr.Msingh... :D :-

jfire.jpg

Our last Pre Season.

and the score was ?

2-1 to Athletico

best striker on the planet m. pace, power, technique, he's good in the air, he's got the lot. and he rarely stays still either, he must be terrifying to try and defend against.

I like Benzema & from what i've seen of him ( which admittedly isn't as much as i'd like due to us not getting great coverage of the French League here ) i like him & i'm looking forward to seeing him more next Year in Spain but IF & it's a big IF, he appears a better Player than Torres currently is, i'll be absolutely amazed...

You're right Stevie, Torres has it all..

Great news Skrtel is back

Martin Skrtel has given Rafael Benitez a major boost ahead of the opening weekend of the season by making a successful comeback from injury earlier today.

Skrtel came through a run-out in a behind closed doors friendly against Oldham at the Academy, in which Lucas and Daniel Ayala were on the scoresheet in a 2-0 win.

The Slovakian defender has been out of action since picking up a hamstring injury against Thailand last month, and his return to action will come as a massive boost to the Reds ahead of Sunday's opening fixture at Tottenham.

LFC TV

skrteltraining2.jpg

Martin Skrtel has given Rafael Benitez a major boost ahead of the opening weekend of the season by making a successful comeback from injury earlier today.

Skrtel came through a run-out in a behind closed doors friendly against Oldham at the Academy, in which Lucas and Daniel Ayala were on the scoresheet in a 2-0 win.

The Slovakian defender has been out of action since picking up a hamstring injury against Thailand last month, and his return to action will come as a massive boost to the Reds ahead of Sunday's opening fixture at Tottenham.

LFC TV

skrteltraining2.jpg

Do you know if a free kick was given there ? for jumping in with both feet :)

Edited by alfieconn

LFC TV

skrteltraining2.jpg

Do you know if a free kick was given there ? for jumping in with both feet :D

:) I presume he won the tackle anyway.

best striker on the planet m. pace, power, technique, he's good in the air, he's got the lot. and he rarely stays still either, he must be terrifying to try and defend against.

You're right Stevie, Torres has it all..

Agreed.

Speaking as a United fan, i would have to say that his value, providing he stays fit, should be greater than Ronaldo's, so goodness knows what the price tag would be!

Wish we had him...

Interesting interview and some quotes from Rafa .

Benitez confirms: We’re looking at getting Gerrard and Torres some help

Rafael Benitez has confirmed that Liverpool are in the market for an attack-minded player and declared that new signing Alberto Aquilani has a better ‘killer’ pass than his predecessor Xabi Alonso.

Speaking to the press, the Spanish coach revealed:

"For the final pass, Aquilani has more accuracy than Xabi.

"We tried very hard to keep Xabi, but he made it clear he wanted to go and we have to defend Liverpool. We are professionals. He had a fantastic year, but he wanted to go.

Sport

Facing up to the obvious challenge from high-spending Manchester City, Benitez also conceded that high quality player additions were a necessity.

"Man City are spending money; we had to bring in quality, and [Glen] Johnson is a good player," he said of the Reds’ new right-back.

"We will now look for someone to help Fernando Torres and Steven Gerrard.

"The idea of winning the Premier League every year is hard. City are doing really well because they are signing players with Premier League quality, so they will be a threat to us and Manchester United."

Rafa's Press conference Pre Match Spurs

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>">
name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350">

HANSEN REVEALS TITLE BELIEF

Alan Hansen has tipped Liverpool for the league after seeing the Reds in championship form at the end of last season.

The Scot has warned teams traveling to Anfield to expect to be under the cosh right from kick-off.

"I believe that this will be Liverpool's year," said Hansen.

"Draws at home against lesser teams cost Liverpool last season, but I think manager Rafael Benitez has learned how to play against them.

"Instead of waiting to see what they will do, he has gone for what Liverpool fans expect which is to try to hem these teams in and batter them."

The former Liverpool skipper believes the team developed a more positive approach on the pitch during last season's run-in and is confident the Reds can attack their way to success this time round.

"It was a style of play that started when they thrashed Real Madrid 4-0 in the Champions League and continued from there," he said.

"It was great to see, and I can see it bringing the title back to Anfield for the first time in 20 years this season."

Hansen believes Man United will struggle to claim a fourth consecutive league title after selling their prized Portuguese asset to Real Madrid.

"I actually do not see United winning the title this year," he said.

"Ronaldo just won too many games for them."

LFC TV