Liverpool F.c.

scousemouse

yes, gerrard's looking much fitter. also benefitting from aquilani's ability to play early, direct passes. aquilani's still clearly nowhere near match fit but there's some glimpses of real quality there in him. thought carra and agger both played well last night too.

Yes back four looked steady last night, Carra looking much sharper and playing well alongside Agger.

Dev I caught the replay on tv of this match yesterday and don't agree with year last statement, 2nd half alone both gabi and carew undid yr back 4 several times and just didn't convert.

yes, gerrard's looking much fitter. also benefitting from aquilani's ability to play early, direct passes. aquilani's still clearly nowhere near match fit but there's some glimpses of real quality there in him. thought carra and agger both played well last night too.

Yes back four looked steady last night, Carra looking much sharper and playing well alongside Agger.

Dev I caught the replay on tv of this match yesterday and don't agree with year last statement, 2nd half alone both gabi and carew undid yr back 4 several times and just didn't convert.

ok, maybe I should of said steadier than in recent weeks :) and I think Carew is a handful for most defences, our back four has been shocking at times this year so two clean sheets is a positive step. However the Carra Aggger partnership seems to be a good combination of late.

Johnson is going to be out over a month so again we are going to have reshuffle at the back. James, sounds like you guys have got problems at the back also through injuries! maybe some January signings?

Let's wait for updates on transfers until they happen. According to the press, Turan, Maxi Rodriguez, some Slovenian goalkeeper, a young striker from C. Palace, old horsey face Van Nistelrooy, Scott Parker and another 10 players are coming to Liverpool this window. Who really knows? I have no clue until it really happens. Saw a statistic that the press gets it right 10% of the time on transfers, the rest is just to sell papers.

Well, the last month for me, Portsmouth was the low point, really. But that last win looked exactly like a win from last year. Things looking up, if only for 2 games. Aquaman looks quality in his passing to me, but obviously does not have the pace of this league figured out, and after not having played for months and months, lacks fitness. Time will tell his quality. Perhaps we won't know the true player until next season, even.

You're never out with Gerrard and Torres on the pitch, both have been inspiring the last 2 matches.

Looking forward to another cup competition and chance to win another trophy. We have 2 good chances to win trophies this season and hope we can take one of them.

And Torres 50 league goals faster than any other Liverpool player? What an accomplishment and he's already a legend.

Edited by Jimjim

So how many goals are you guys gonna put past us today.

4- 5- 6?

I fear 4 or 5 if Plymouth can put 4 past us in our last game,then how many can Pool get? :D Especially as you now seem to have found your form again.

However its the FA Cup, and potential banana skins abound. Its only 2 years since we last played you at the Mad Stad and won 3-1, albeit with a completely different team, except for Mateojski who you may remember scored a blinder when we narrowly lost 2-1 at Anfiled in the same season after taking the lead:)

Looking forward to watching the game....it will be the highlight of our season ...thus far :)

Very pleased with Reading's performance :D

We should have won really...but then our home form has only seen us beat Blackpool and Kettering in the last 12 months :)

We are far better away from home :D

Looking forward to the replay ,but with limited expectations.

We had our chance today but could not take it :D

Still the positive is that if we start to play like that regularly we should not go down..but who knows :D

great game for the neutral

This really is piss-poor stuff. Not too long ago, Liverpool would have been all over them like a rash. The final score should have been at least 4-1. In fact their 1 should not be up there.

Much more of this lack-lustre performance and I reckon I'll be transported up to the high speed horizontal rotation platform, joining Shanks and Paisley.

This really is piss-poor stuff. Not too long ago, Liverpool would have been all over them like a rash. The final score should have been at least 4-1. In fact their 1 should not be up there.

Much more of this lack-lustre performance and I reckon I'll be transported up to the high speed horizontal rotation platform, joining Shanks and Paisley.

I know I'm biased being an Evertonian, but watching the game last night they seem to have completely lost that driving force of self-belief that used to win them games.

The sooner you get rid of Rafa the better, but I fear he will unfortunately preside over the death of Liverpool Football Club as we knew it. Some legacy.

I know I'm biased being an Evertonian, but watching the game last night they seem to have completely lost that driving force of self-belief that used to win them games.

The sooner you get rid of Rafa the better, but I fear he will unfortunately preside over the death of Liverpool Football Club as we knew it. Some legacy.

they can't afford to get rid of him or they would have already. I can't believe the difference in the side from twelve months ago. And if Torres were to get crocked.........

they can't afford to get rid of him or they would have already. I can't believe the difference in the side from twelve months ago. And if Torres were to get crocked.........

I agree. It can't be all down to Alonso leaving, although that too was down to Rafa's massively botched attempt to sign Barry, and alienating Lverpool's best player.

There is also big psychological ju ju at work here.

But 20m quid for sacking Rafa, versus the loss of Champions League revenues this season, possibly a run at the CL next season, meaning Torres and Gerrard leave or have to be sold, less money in the bank, the company is worth less, so their inflated figures for selling some of it to get in new money won't be realised, more pressure on the owners trying to service their debt from dwindling revenues - or using the selling of key players to service the debt meaning no new big name signings.

It could still all go a bit Newcastle for them yet, but probably not until next season, especially if they don't get into the CL.

And if United win the Premiership this season and overhaul Liverpool's record of League championships (ancient history already), that too woud be traumatic for Liverpool fans.

Maybe RAFA has been Liverpool's most disastrous buy!

Fair play to Reading last night. They gave us a tough time. Ok it's not a loss but I thought If he had played

Aquilani from the start it would have been better. Another massive game on Sunday.

Why do you think Rafa refuses to or is reluctant to play him for the full 90 minutes?

Fair play to Reading last night. They gave us a tough time. Ok it's not a loss but I thought If he had played

Aquilani from the start it would have been better. Another massive game on Sunday.

Why do you think Rafa refuses to or is reluctant to play him for the full 90 minutes?

Because he's lost he plot?

Very pleased with Reading's performance :D

We should have won really...but then our home form has only seen us beat Blackpool and Kettering in the last 12 months :)

We are far better away from home :D

Looking forward to the replay ,but with limited expectations.

We had our chance today but could not take it :D

Still the positive is that if we start to play like that regularly we should not go down..but who knows :D

great game for the neutral

i thought you played really well pauly and were maybe unlucky not to get more than a replay out of it. mcanuff took insua to bits.

and agree, was a really good cup tie.

Are you even thinking about what you're saying?

He's quite obviously the best manager they've had since Dalglish quit.

Because he's returning from a lengthy injury and is not yet fit enough to play 90 minutes maybe?

you're applying logic to a blue here, it's futile. though i'm surprised he's blaming rafa for our current plight, blues normally blame just about everything on heysel. . .

The last couple of games he played in he looked tired near the hr mark. Like one of the guys said he has

been out for a long period of time. I don't know why he didn't start against Reading. The best is yet to

come.

The last couple of games he played in he looked tired near the hr mark. Like one of the guys said he has

been out for a long period of time. I don't know why he didn't start against Reading. The best is yet to

come.

Thanks. I am not having a pop, but this air of optimism is what I fail to understand about Liverpool's supporters at this stage of the season. Being an Everton fan I am well used to rubbishy performances, bad players and mid-table mediocrity. But for Liverpool fans, this could be your future as well if you don't get back on track soon.

With a patchy league record, being out of the Champions League, scraping a replay against Reading, yet nobody seems worried. It's like a refusal to acknowldege the dire state the club is in.

So let me ask a question - do Liverpool fans believe Rafa should be sacked now before he inflicts more damage, or at the end of the season? Or be allowed to see out his - what - 4 year? contract. What would save him this season. Winning the Europa Cup?

come.

Thanks. I am not having a pop, but this air of optimism is what I fail to understand about Liverpool's supporters at this stage of the season. Being an Everton fan I am well used to rubbishy performances, bad players and mid-table mediocrity. But for Liverpool fans, this could be your future as well if you don't get back on track soon.

With a patchy league record, being out of the Champions League, scraping a replay against Reading, yet nobody seems worried. It's like a refusal to acknowldege the dire state the club is in.

So let me ask a question - do Liverpool fans believe Rafa should be sacked now before he inflicts more damage, or at the end of the season? Or be allowed to see out his - what - 4 year? contract. What would save him this season. Winning the Europa Cup?

only thing that matters is qualifying for CL next year. Without that, big issues to be faced IMO.

come.

sacking the manager at this point would be the act of a moron as the club's problem are far larger than the man who managed the side to second in the league last season and to two european cup finals in three years.

and liverpool fans acknowledge just what a dire state the club is in thanks, bluenose. we need new owners and the manager is among the least of the club's problems.

and liverpool fans acknowledge just what a dire state the club is in thanks, bluenose. we need new owners and the manager is among the least of the club's problems.

How will changing the owners help. Rafa has blown a massive amount of transfer money and got a second class side. That's not down to the owners. They are the manager's mistakes, for which he is now rightly being made to pay the price with a limited transfer budget.

Is this Fiddling while Rome burns approach to hating the owners and apologising for Rafa (the first manifestation in the footballing world of Stockholm Syndrome I reckon) simply an excuse for bad management?

What would you want new owners to do? Give Rafa another load of money to waste? Any sensible new owners would want him out for sure, but it would cost a lot, and maybe the costs associated with getting rid of Rafa may well be a big probem in finding a buyer.

That's 20 million down the toilet right there.

Like I have said before I'm surprised Rafa still has a job. And NO NO NO this doesn't mean I want him to go.

We all know who Kops the sh!t when results are not going your way. This also means I don't blame him

for the poor results like someone on here thought I had. It's simple, some of our players have not performed

to there best this season along with the injuries. Every manager (in the fans eyes) makes some stupid

decisions, Rafa included. The season is far from over.

rafa's made plenty of mistakes this season, goes with the job. but no manager in the world could do the liverpool job with one and sometimes two hands tied behind his back. in the summer, having come second last term, we needed to invest in the squad and try to kick on and really catch united. he wasn't allowed the money that he was promised to improve the squad, so we end up with voronin, babel, degen and dossena having to play, players he wanted rid of. he's been hamstrung by the owners. and that doesn't make him a bad manager, as his previous achievements with liverpool and valencia testify.

boring, blue. read back through previous posts in this thread and you'll find explanations for your misinformed and incorrect comments above.

What trawl through 152 pages to find out of date information? No thanks! But answers from genuine Liverpool fans would be appreciated.