Liverpool F.c.

scousemouse

Craven Cottage is a great venue to go for a game. Friendly atmosphere, nice location, good pubs to go to before the game and hassle free taking young kids. If Fulham are pointless i'm presuming that makes half the teams in the league pointless.

Who do you support anyway?

Mind you I have never been to Craven Cottage but I have my doubts that it is actually in Fulham.

If you want to watch football in Fulham you go to Stamford Bridge.

Have Liverpool not already released a statement? Well I'm sure they know what was said and what is in the findings better than we do. This one will run and run in my view all the way to a courtroom if the FA don't back down.

If they can't prove beyond reasonable doubt that he's racially abused Evra...which it seems to me they can't...then this will cost them more than just pride.

this is it, i have sympathy with rix's view about waiting for the evidence, such as it is, from the full FA report, but that LFC statement shouts a lot to me. it feels like an absolute stitch-up based on hearsay and bad translation / interpretation of something which has been said.

i'd love to hear how three old blazered fuddy-duddies at the FA got their heads around the fact that saurez is mixed-race himself and has a black grandfather. fuc_king morons.

If my professional body accused me of racism based on the say so of one person I'd have them in court as soon as possible. Sadly they are not so politically motivated, generally thick or stupidly wealthy as the FA.

But i though he admitted to calling him a negro (negrito ) !!

Craven Cottage is a great venue to go for a game. Friendly atmosphere, nice location, good pubs to go to before the game and hassle free taking young kids. If Fulham are pointless i'm presuming that makes half the teams in the league pointless.

Mind you I have never been to Craven Cottage but I have my doubts that it is actually in Fulham.

Craven Cottage is located in Bishops Park, on the river in fulham. If you lived in fulham that is where you would watch football.

Stamford Bridge is located in the borough of Kensington and Chelsea.

Craven Cottage is located in Bishops Park, on the river in fulham. If you lived in fulham that is where you would watch football.

Ok I will give you the Bishops Park in Fulham bit.

But Stamford Bridge is on Fulham Road SW6 which is 'Hammersmith & Fulham' and not Chelsea.

Ok I will give you the Bishops Park in Fulham bit.

But Stamford Bridge is on Fulham Road SW6 which is 'Hammersmith & Fulham' and not Chelsea.

Whoops, yes you are right. Thats a bit embarrassing as i lived there for many years. However the local fulham people tend to support Fulham. Chelsea's fanbase comes from the south, such as battersea and onto surrey

Liverpool face Luis Suarez racism row dragging on until late in the season

Source - Telegraph

Liverpool may have to wait until February before launching an appeal against the eight-match ban imposed on their striker Luis Suárez by the Football Association.

The written judgment explaining the findings of the Independent Commission, which issued the severe punishment against the South American for racially abusing Manchester United defender Patrice Evra, is not likely to be published until mid-January.

Only when Liverpool have received the transcript from the chairman of the commission, Paul Goulding QC, can they consider whether to take further action. That is when the 14-day deadline to challenge the conclusions will be triggered.

The public debate on Suárez is so far based only on the verdict, not the evidence, which is why Liverpool believe Goulding needs to publish quickly. The FA did promise on Wednesday to print all details on its website when it eventually receives them from Goulding.

The possible one-month delay means the saga is certain to drag on towards the end of the season. It is inconceivable an appeal will not follow given the strength of feeling on Merseyside. However, Liverpool will then run the risk of seeing the ban extended even longer.

Yah ok.... there is only so much I can take on the Suarez issue without everyone going round and round in circles and getting incredibly bored.

Its unfair but we are used to that. He isnt going to starve and from LFC's perspective it isnt as bad as the injury that Lucas got. So we move on.

Be interesting to see if we sign a new striker in Jan. Luuk De Jong?

Have Liverpool not already released a statement? Well I'm sure they know what was said and what is in the findings better than we do. This one will run and run in my view all the way to a courtroom if the FA don't back down.

If they can't prove beyond reasonable doubt that he's racially abused Evra...which it seems to me they can't...then this will cost them more than just pride.

this is it, i have sympathy with rix's view about waiting for the evidence, such as it is, from the full FA report, but that LFC statement shouts a lot to me. it feels like an absolute stitch-up based on hearsay and bad translation / interpretation of something which has been said.

i'd love to hear how three old blazered fuddy-duddies at the FA got their heads around the fact that saurez is mixed-race himself and has a black grandfather. fuc_king morons.

If my professional body accused me of racism based on the say so of one person I'd have them in court as soon as possible. Sadly they are not so politically motivated, generally thick or stupidly wealthy as the FA.

But i though he admitted to calling him a negro (negrito ) !!

which, if 'negrito' is indeed what he called him, is not necessarily a racist expression in spanish. nor is 'negro'. the rush to assume the english perspective on this is unfathomably stupid and annoying.

He has admitted calling him a "negrito" Stevie which part of that do you not understand?

He has said he called him "Negrito" in a Liverpool Manchester game,do you think it would be in friendly context??? get with the script and stop protecting the racist Suarez.

If you think calling someone "negro" is not a racist expression get your arse down Toxteth or the Moss and try it! see how long you last.

" the rush to assume the english perspective on this is unfathomably stupid and annoying."

Maybe because he said it in England in a English Premier League game and everyone speaks English ......<deleted> the context he has said it in is racist that is why he has been found guilty,you lot trying to protect him is really stupid and annoying.

That's right just ignore the facts rolleyes.gif

My Spanish is very good but as i said that has FA all to do with Mr Suarez hit-the-fan.gif

Do you remeber your post that said if he was found guilty you would want him out the door? or was it i won't want him to play another game for us?

No? now you are backing the club because that is the only thing left to do,incredibly naive your board is mate.

Blame all and sundry for him,as i said when you signed him.... he has history and it wouldm't be long before that character came back,it did in the United game.

Edited by MrRed

you're talking out of your arse i'm afraid. there are no 'facts' because the laughable FA chose to pass sentence without releasing the documentation relating to the hearing. suarez was not allowed to speak or defend himself. three white men who are unqualified to pass judgement on such a sensitive issue have summarily labelled a person a racist based on little to no evidence and an, at best grey and murky, set of circumstances.

if the word 'negrito' is the word in question - which we don't yet know - then the definition of that as a racially abusive term is spurious at best and given the comments of assorted spanish speaking people and uruguayans this week, simply incorrect. yet it seems enough to condemn, convict and tar a man for life.

and 'he has history'? yes, he has the history of having a black grandfather and being mixed race for example. he also has absolutely zero history of racism. but again, don't let all this nuance and unpublished stuff stop you jumping on the moron express bandwagon and talking out of your hole eh?

you're talking out of your arse i'm afraid. there are no 'facts' because the laughable FA chose to pass sentence without releasing the documentation relating to the hearing. suarez was not allowed to speak or defend himself. three white men who are unqualified to pass judgement on such a sensitive issue have summarily labelled a person a racist based on little to no evidence and an, at best grey and murky, set of circumstances.

if the word 'negrito' is the word in question - which we don't yet know - then the definition of that as a racially abusive term is spurious at best and given the comments of assorted spanish speaking people and uruguayans this week, simply incorrect. yet it seems enough to condemn, convict and tar a man for life.

and 'he has history'? yes, he has the history of having a black grandfather and being mixed race for example. he also has absolutely zero history of racism. but again, don't let all this nuance and unpublished stuff stop you jumping on the moron express bandwagon and talking out of your hole eh?

I stopped reading when you said "suarez was not allowed to speak or defend himself. three white men who are unqualified to pass judgement on such a sensitive issue have summarily labelled a person a racist based on little to no evidence"

There is evedence which Suarez has admitted to!

Suarez was not allowed to speak or defend himself!? where did you get this mis-info from? keep digging.

well i got it from the fact that the FA panel did not ask luis suarez to speak at the hearing. pretty self-explanatory really.

when he was away with uruguay he was asked about it and admitted to saying the word 'negrito' - something which as i'm sure you know javier hernandez uses to refer to team-mates as for example - and suarez admitted using it because he did or does not believe that it is a racially abusive term. unless you're accepting that hernandez racially abuses his team-mates too.

suarez has been guilty until proven innocent from day one in this farce and he's been used as a plaything in an FA tilt at FIFA. if he had been openly and overtly racist towards evra i would condemn him. but he has not, and the kangaroo court conducted by the FA is an absolute joke.

The terms Negrito, in Suarez's native country Uruguay is not a Racist term, I have yet to read about a Uruguayan who has been asked about this case in the press or media saying otherwise - now Uruguay's Government, Sports Director is getting involved and fully backing Suarez.

We are forgetting one thing Suarez and yes even Evra and all of Suarez friends and people he has worked with say he is not a Racist - and yet people from the UK who do not know the language, the nuances or the culture seem convinced they understand the term and its intention as otherwise...Worse yet the FA who are not qualified have not only misunderstood this but have labelled Suarez a Racist.

I would not be surprised if Suarez does not take the FA to court for arbitration...(think that's the legal term?)

Perhaps the mistake is being a foreigner and not understanding or being aware of the offensive connotations the word Negrito could be interpreted as being in the UK.

Interestingly in South America Bimbo - yes Bimbo! make chocolate treats for kids called Negrito..licklips.gif

suarez-was-only-asking-evra-for-a-snack.jpg

dev, the FA statement on the hearing opened by saying 'we do not believe that luis suarez is a racist' and then went on to say that patrice evra also 'does not believe that luis suarez is a racist'. yet they see fit to condemn him as such. it's a farce from start to finish.

I don't think whether he is a racist or not, is the question here.

The question is what he said, and how he said it.

As far as I understand, quite a few people can read lips by watching video clips again and again.

Surely FA must have consulted someone able to do this.

Nothing less than laughable to see the LFC team dressed in those stupid t-shirts.

What are they? A bunch of 11 year olds? And even Suarez wearing one?

The respectful Daglish even endorsing it?

How the hell can they all be so sure whether he said it or not, and what exactly he said?

What if it really turns out FA was correct?

Then what?

And to top it, good old Barnes claims that ignorance indeed is an excuse and that we must remember that cultural differences must be taken into consideration.

I wish I could ask Barnes if he think it is ok for the cultural ignorance card to be used in other areas in the society as well.

If he didnt mean to upset him with this taunt, then why did he repeatedly call him Negrito!

He's got top lawyers on the case now so no doubt he'll eventually get off on some technicality.

1 law for the rich and all that!

And wearing those t shirts was just bizarre, no matter how much of a siege mentally he is trying to produce the problem with him is he's a talentless manager who can only win trophies when everything is stacked in his favour.

Edited by houseinbkk

Hurts me to say it about a fellow Irishman but when I heard Paul McGrath saying that the Liverpool players should not have supported Suarez, my first thought was that Paul has drank all his money again and is getting desperate.

If he and Luther " Im sh*t and I know I am " Blissett have nothing useful to contribute then they should shut their gobs.

I don't often agree with him, but here's SAF in the Guardian:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2011/dec/23/alex-ferguson-luis-suarez-ban

And Chelsea are not much better over Terry.

I had to laugh at Liverpool's stupid T shirts though. And if they're not careful, they may lose the momentum they have built this season.

I don't think it's all the doing of that horrible, conniving but skilful little twerp, but fears over Liverpool's One Player Wonder revival might lie behind the histrionic protests of Prince Kenny et al.

As far as I understand, quite a few people can read lips by watching video clips again and again.

Nothing less than laughable to see the LFC team dressed in those stupid t-shirts.

How the hell can they all be so sure whether he said it or not, and what exactly he said?

Then what?

And to top it, good old Barnes claims that ignorance indeed is an excuse and that we must remember that cultural differences must be taken into consideration.

I wish I could ask Barnes if he think it is ok for the cultural ignorance card to be used in other areas in the society as well.

Agree with all of that. Well said.

Everyone seems to have an opinion on it, everyone seems to be totally sure either that Suarez is guilty, or, as in most cases, sure that he isn't, (and sure that Erva is a lying <deleted>). I just don't get how anyone, besides those who are privy to all the information on exactly what happened, can be sure of anything on this.

And as much as i understand that teams have to stick together and protect their own, i just don't get why Kenny and his team have been so vocal and so adamant on all this - to the point of wearing those ridiculous t-shirts - have you ever seen anything so tacky and childish?

"We support Suarez, as we support all our players, but will not get involved in a discussion about specific cases that are still on-going - ok, next question" was all that needed to be said whilst it was on-going. And now, even though a verdict has been reached, there is the appeal case to deal with. Manchester United have been a lot better at reserving comment, but they too, from some parts, have spoken out when they should have kept their mouths shut. What is it these days? Everyone has to have an opinion, even on things they can't possibly know all about.

If he didnt mean to upset him with this taunt, then why did he repeatedly call him Negrito!

do you know that he did? or is all you have to go on what evra said to canal+ after the match? if you've seen the FA records of the hearing and the referee's report on the match i apologise of course as you're better informed than i am. and the world's media. and liverpool FC. and all their expensive lawyers.

Then what?

At least Chelsea have wisely decided not to get involved in the circus of wearing shirts to support their team mate.

Then what?

At least Chelsea have wisely decided not to get involved in the circus of wearing shirts to support their team mate.

bless 'em. possibly because they know terry to be the sort of man who shags a team-mates missus and they don't actually like him eh.

do you know that he did? or is all you have to go on what evra said to canal+ after the match? if you've seen the FA records of the hearing and the referee's report on the match i apologise of course as you're better informed than i am. and the world's media. and liverpool FC. and all their expensive lawyers.

I love the cap-doffing on this thread. Think for yourself man!

Perhaps he has seen the press reports, like Prince T Shirt has, of the adjudication of the FA Panel which has decided this individual had a case to answer.

As the adjudicator was a QC, I am guessing he knows how to weigh evidence and the balance of probabilities, and, although it isn't the same open and shut case as Suarez biting a man's ear off, I suspect whatever you moaners think, the right decision has been reached.

I understand if you are you worried your one man revival will now collapse, but that's what happens when you sign a master gamesman like Suarez, you have to take the diving and the conniving with the reckoning and the banning.

Anyway, I reckon it was priced into his transfer fee, otherwise he would have cost you a lot more than Carthorse Carrol