Liverpool F.c.

scousemouse

Looked a bad decision that at the end.

Justice for the aforementioned leg stamp one feels.

Fair comment. He played well second half though I thought.

What you doing on here when spurs are playinglaugh.pngblink.png

BS nonsense, that. Referee saw it, thought it a yellow card. It could have been accidental as he was looking to move around Distin, anyway. He's caught him on the heel, happens all the time. Not a red card any day of the week.

3-2 to Liverpool! Oh wait, offside given mysteriously for a goal that was a yard onside.

Disappointed to see us up 2-0 and then not win the match.

I too, am upset at all the diving by those foreigners in the game. Like that Phil Neville from the far environs of Manchester, Spain. Ban him for 10 matches!

That's just a too perfect script, that. Moyes goes on about simulation and his English captain gets a yellow card for just that. Brilliant!

Stevie's true about the English feeling a moral superiority to other nations in this discussion. Quite obvious to me as we do it in America all the time.

In any case, I think today showed Rodgers can have a plan B, with his 3 central midfielders in the second half which actually helped us defensively but we still never got possession like in previous games. Plan B does not have to be a contraceptive pill (stupid pun about a pill in the USA for emergency contraception) or lumping it up to Andy Carroll.

So, see, he can come up with a Plan B without the big man!

Nah, not really a fair comment. Not at all. One decision was right, the other wrong.

We also had a great chance to go up 3-2 with Sterling in on goal but he really made a mess of it. Hope he can get more clinical in the future, though.

Really tough that one to take at the end, should have been a Liverpool win.

BS nonsense, that. Referee saw it, thought it a yellow card. It could have been accidental as he was looking to move around Distin, anyway. He's caught him on the heel, happens all the time. Not a red card any day of the week.

3-2 to Liverpool! Oh wait, offside given mysteriously for a goal that was a yard onside.

Disappointed to see us up 2-0 and then not win the match.

I too, am upset at all the diving by those foreigners in the game. Like that Phil Neville from the far environs of Manchester, Spain. Ban him for 10 matches!

That's just a too perfect script, that. Moyes goes on about simulation and his English captain gets a yellow card for just that. Brilliant!

Stevie's true about the English feeling a moral superiority to other nations in this discussion. Quite obvious to me as we do it in America all the time.

In any case, I think today showed Rodgers can have a plan B, with his 3 central midfielders in the second half which actually helped us defensively but we still never got possession like in previous games. Plan B does not have to be a contraceptive pill (stupid pun about a pill in the USA for emergency contraception) or lumping it up to Andy Carroll.

So, see, he can come up with a Plan B without the big man!

Was the goal disallowed for a foul by the player who headed to Suarez?

Nah, not really a fair comment. Not at all. One decision was right, the other wrong.

We also had a great chance to go up 3-2 with Sterling in on goal but he really made a mess of it. Hope he can get more clinical in the future, though.

Really tough that one to take at the end, should have been a Liverpool win.

Should have been a Liverpool win.

If my aunty had balls she would have been my uncle.

Better luck next week.

As an Everton fan, that game was pathetic - for us to not be finishing off crap teams like Wigan, QPR and Liverpool, and only getting draws says everything about our real potential.

But if I were a Liverpool fan I'd be very worried. Without Suarez, they're relegation material.

Some bad referring decisions both ways, but I thought Suarez should have walked for that foul on Distin, and fantastic news - no TV replay Ref will ever be needed, now we've got Stevie Gerrard negotiating with the ref to keep naive out-of-his-depth idiots like Sterling on the pitch when he's committed a second yellow card foul.

• Like 1

As an Everton fan, that game was pathetic - for us to not be finishing off crap teams like Wigan, QPR and Liverpool, and only getting draws says everything about our real potential.

But if I were a Liverpool fan I'd be very worried. Without Suarez, they're relegation material.

Some bad referring decisions both ways, but I thought Suarez should have walked for that foul on Distin, and fantastic news - no TV replay Ref will ever be needed, now we've got Stevie Gerrard negotiating with the ref to keep naive out-of-his-depth idiots like Sterling on the pitch when he's committed a second yellow card foul.

Were you watching the same game? You should be thanking the ref for ruling out a perfectly good goal at the end. Suarez on Distin was an accident and you could tell as he had stepped beyond a normal step and was slipping into the action. That's not something you can do deliberately that easy. And what about Baines on Sterling towards the end? No card, not even a free kick.

Truth is we were ok today and that should have been enough to finish Everton but it wasn't. Even putting aside the goal at the end Sterling was clean through and fluffed it but a pass to Suarez would have been a certain goal.

I think everyone knows where Everton will end up as no one would really bat an eyelid as they are a crap team.

Big lesson for LFC today. When you are 2-0 up, away from home, forget about scoring a legitimate winner.....just get one of your tame refs to send two opposition players off. Well done SAF, David Gill and of course, the FA!

Big lesson for LFC today. When you are 2-0 up, away from home, forget about scoring a legitimate winner.....just get one of your tame refs to send two opposition players off. Well done SAF, David Gill and of course, the FA!

Must agree don't know who is better for United Clatty or Webby clap2.gif

Always good to have the FA in our pockets when we need them laugh.png

Back to RAWK for you young lad.biggrin.png

Edited by nev

Actually you should have lost that game but there you go!

Suarez is a fabulous player but he behaves like such a knob. Fans across the country will continue to bait him unless he stops the theatricals but have to say he certainly knows how to wind up an opposition manager and then gets applauded by his own! Comical stuff from a player and a manager acting like a pair of kids.

offside. linesman waited a long, long time to flag it as well. obviously checking who it was because if that was any player other than suarez it would probably have counted. absolutely robbed at the end we were there.

offside. linesman waited a long, long time to flag it as well. obviously checking who it was because if that was any player other than suarez it would probably have counted. absolutely robbed at the end we were there.

Agree could not see why it was ruled out just thought maybe a foul.

Suarez is a fabulous player but he behaves like such a knob. Fans across the country will continue to bait him unless he stops the theatricals but have to say he certainly knows how to wind up an opposition manager and then gets applauded by his own! Comical stuff from a player and a manager acting like a pair of kids.

When he actually stands up instead of going to ground he is devastating, and he'll save them from the drop this season. Nice to see Moysey admitting their goal should have stood. I couldn't see anything wrong with it, except Suarez was still on the pitch, that is!

When he actually stands up instead of going to ground he is devastating, and he'll save them from the drop this season. Nice to see Moysey admitting their goal should have stood. I couldn't see anything wrong with it, except Suarez was still on the pitch, that is!

Suarez just needs better guidance.

Talking about guidance i thought Gerrard did his captaind job well dealing with the ref and young Stirling.

captain in protecting young debutant player shocker. wow. perhaps gerrard should have been demonstrating leadership and seniority the way the everton captain did with one of the crappest dives ever performed by a footballer?

What you doing on here when spurs are playinglaugh.pngblink.png

Looking for a link I think....its a bit hazy nev. Thankfully, I will consign the second half to the bin....whistling.gif

Talking about guidance i thought Gerrard did his captaind job well dealing with the ref and young Stirling.

Yeah, talking the ref out giving a yellow for a clear second bookable offence surely nails the lie that all the refs are against us, honest.

Or perhaps Gerrard subtley reminded the ref that its a merseyside derby, the lads only 17 years old and it was nothing malicious and..................whoaaaaa <deleted> whats that...crickey its Phil Neville flying through the air!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 2

As we slowly climb up the table and you slowly move down it.......you haven't won a match since September, 3 draws against relegation battlers clap2.gif

captain in protecting young debutant player shocker. wow. perhaps gerrard should have been demonstrating leadership and seniority the way the everton captain did with one of the crappest dives ever performed by a footballer?

...other than Suarez.....

oh suarez vs stoke is up there, sure. think the best worst dive i've ever seen is still gary neville in a manchester derby many years ago. recall steve mcmananaman standing over him and laughing at him. he went down in installments.

I think you are right. The English do get more riled by diving than other sorts of cheating. Why? Well perhaps one reason is that when it is done in the box, it can easily end up in that bit of cheating being what decides the outcome of the game. When it is other sorts of cheating, it may gain an advantage that ultimately may lead to a pivotal moment, but nothing like as directly as the awarding of a penalty.

so as for seeing cheating as a worthy skill, apparently you consider some forms of cheating to be a worthy skill but not others.

When the fcukerdeedoodar did i say that?!!! I didn't. All i did was try to offer some reasons why English fans generally take a particularly dim view of diving. How you translate that into me thinking some forms of cheating are worthy skills, others not, i have no clue.

All cheating is bad. Clear? Just that some of it gets under my skin more than others.

Even as a Gooner I have to say Liverpool wuz robbed. But I did think Suarez's celebration was funny, and Moyes said if he'd been a player he would have done it himself; and if Everton had nicked it he would probably have done it to Suarez.

Good on him for having a sense of humour but then again he knows he got a get out of jail free card in that game.

biggrin.png

• Like 1

I for one have never claimed that English players don't dive. They clearly do. If you want an example close to your home, Gerrard has been known, has he not. The point for me about diving in the Premiership has never been an issue of the nationality of the culprits, the issue is about how it is greeted by the fans and the media in the UK. In some countries, diving barely raises an eyebrow. Indeed in some countries, it is even considered something of a practised art form to be admired when performed well. In the UK people in general don't see it that way. In the UK people in general consider it a dirty and conniving act that is cheating in its purest form and that should not be part of the game. Because in general people in the UK feel this way, it means not that the UK feels morally superior on this issue, it mean the UK is morally superior on this issue.

Many other things in life about the UK for which moral superiority can't be claimed. This happens to be one.

At the weekend Ruddock reminded everyone on Soccer AM that if you are genuinely hurt you do not roll around, as it makes the pain worse.

It's that aspect of play-acting that gets my goat, refs should be given license to stamp on players that do this in an attempt to get opponents sanctioned, or at least give them a kick in the head.

This should eliminate that bad habit in double quick time.

Edited by Chicog
  • Like 1

Rogers showed good tactical awareness at HT. Considering we were being played off the park for the last 20mins of the 1st half he made the right changes and we looked comfy with a flat back 3. The ref ultimately cost us the game but Sterling could have won it for us too.

You have my sympathy! Don't know about you lot but we were our usual pile of <deleted> in the 2nd half having dominated the first. Threw it away.

Strange because i thought that we were both going to have a real go at this trophy as it was both ours and Arsenals best and most realistic chance of silverware.