Liverpool F.c.

scousemouse

West Ham originally, then Chelsea, then Liverpool I think (with a loan spell at Lille)

I know who he has played for.

Was asking who signed him on at Liverpool.

Sorry, that was Roy (apparently) but who really knows at that stage the Texan bozos had the place in panic mode at that stage, not sure if Roy would have signed him if he wasn't on a free, but 5 years was a bit mental considering his injury record. Desperate times.....

West Ham originally, then Chelsea, then Liverpool I think (with a loan spell at Lille)

Sorry, that was Roy (apparently) but who really knows at that stage the Texan bozos had the place in panic mode at that stage, not sure if Roy would have signed him if he wasn't on a free, but 5 years was a bit mental considering his injury record. Desperate times.....

He might have been on a free but he's still costing 90k a week.

Roys also responsible for the decline of the mersey shipyards

• Like 1

Thanks 4 answer. Guess on a free you can understand someone taking a punt. He did used to be quality. Strange the way different players deteriorate at different rates. Their careers are short enough as is, you would have thought each and every one, barring those who have injury problems, would do everything possible to make sure they stay at a reasonable and competitive level right up to 35. Guess a lot of them get distracted.

Thanks 4 answer. Guess on a free you can understand someone taking a punt. He did used to be quality. Strange the way different players deteriorate at different rates. Their careers are short enough as is, you would have thought each and every one, barring those who have injury problems, would do everything possible to make sure they stay at a reasonable and competitive level right up to 35. Guess a lot of them get distracted.

i answered your question Rix you senile old fool biggrin.png

Actually i've always viewed Cole as a very skilful player but a luxury one. Does he have an ideal position that suits him and slots in well to a balanced side?

He might have been on a free but he's still costing 90k a week.

Roys also responsible for the decline of the mersey shipyards

And the Beatles!

All seriousness though he was to blame for the sense of humour decline biggrin.png

Well after 14 years of top flight football in various teams I'd so no, Carmine. No doubt he has the skills, but even with a league wining Chelsea team full of players to compliment his style and skill he was let go. Maybe injury did him in, and I think now his confidence is shot for good. He said he wanted a chance, Rodgers has given him a chance, but both his last two displays were beyond ordinary, especially Thursday.

I would be distracted with a Mrs like his whistling.gif

carly_zucker_instinct.jpg

• Like 1

Well after 14 years of top flight football in various teams I'd so no, Carmine. No doubt he has the skills, but even with a league wining Chelsea team full of players to compliment his style and skill he was let go. Maybe injury did him in, and I think now his confidence is shot for good. He said he wanted a chance, Rodgers has given him a chance, but both his last two displays were beyond ordinary, especially Thursday.

I know redknapp wanted him a Spurs but i could never see how he was going to accomodate him.

Mindyou, i doubt Redknapp did either. He was probably doing an under the table deal with Joe.

• Like 1

Very true, I think I'd want to playing week in week out no matter what, I think Robbie Fowler is a pretty good example of that.

I would be distracted with a Mrs like his whistling.gif

carly_zucker_instinct.jpg

Haha perfect, an exotic specimen with an ancient brief of "shut it" "where's me dinner?" and "get ya knickers off" aaah for the days old biggrin.png

football? 90k? do nuffink? how many years? 5? laaavely smile.png

Edited by BangrakBob

Who signed him?

christian purslow did. deal was done before hodgson arrived and was done by purslow despite rafa benitez telling him it was a bad idea as cole was finished and too injury-prone.

Unusual... a dig-at-Hodgson opportunity magnanimously passed up.

Not so unusual... a doffing of the hat at Rafa opportunity grabbed with both hands.

biggrin.png

Thanks anyway for the info mate. wink.png

• Like 1

Who signed him?

christian purslow did. deal was done before hodgson arrived and was done by purslow despite rafa benitez telling him it was a bad idea as cole was finished and too injury-prone.

Not so unusual... a doffing of the hat at Rafa opportunity grabbed with both hands.

biggrin.png

MANLOVE

biggrin.png

hodgson signed poulsen and konchesky. wink.png

Rodgers signed Allen and Borini again and again.... only this time he managed to get Liverpool pay over 10 million for him cheesy.gif

I would of taken a point before the game, Chelsea have looked a dangerous side this year and will be up there come the end of the season.

Pleased with our response from going 1 goal down and getting back in it at the bridge, we slowly changed the game in the second half and we might of nicked a win.

Enrique finally showed his form, at long last!

One thing I will say about Rodgers in the past few games, is if he sees its not working he hasn't been afraid to change formations or make a couple of personnel changes early on second half.

Still a lot of work to be done especially with our tempo to the passing and that final ball. I am concerned that we don't seem to have any other goal outlet other Suarez. I can't pick one other who might get is a goal at the moment.

Edited by Devil
  • Like 1

I think Chelsea are the best team in England at the moment. The trio of Hazard, Oscar and Mata have been talke about endlessly yet we nullified all 3 to the point where they were simply not effective.

If we had some more firepower and guile up front I think we would have won yesterday but given what we have I think we can come out of that result feeling positive.

It's now a case of waiting with baited breath to see what happens in the Jan transfer window.

• Like 2

One thing I will say about Rodgers in the past few games, is if he sees its not working he hasn't been afraid to change formations or make a couple of personnel changes early on second half.

yeah agree with that. think we're getting there slowly but we've got to start either turning some of these draws into wins and/or not conceding so easily if we're to progress properly.

• Like 2

I think Chelsea are the best team in England at the moment.

After City and United of course smile.png

And United??

Its official....mrboj hates Chelski! biggrin.png

nah smokes. It's just how can someone say Chelsea are the best team when they are in 3rd?

Admit it....even Seapok wants to throw away his Terry jersey! :P

nah smokes. It's just how can someone say Chelsea are the best team when they are in 3rd?

could see chelsea taking the title if they sign a goalscorer like falcao in january, but think that the combination of united's goalscoring options, ferguson's experience and their favourable relationship with referees will probably get united over the line this season.

could see chelsea taking the title if they sign a goalscorer like falcao in january, but think that the combination of united's goalscoring options, ferguson's experience and their favourable relationship with referees will probably get united over the line this season.

Chelsea where 7 points clear of United a few weeks back. I agree, although I hate too....I reckon United will do it this year. The only thing that might stop them is too many games and they are being scored against. it's just at the moment they can score more in a few minutes than most can in 90 minutes.

Chelsea where 7 points clear of United a few weeks back. I agree, although I hate too....I reckon United will do it this year. The only thing that might stop them is too many games and they are being scored against. it's just at the moment they can score more in a few minutes than most can in 90 minutes.

I still think it will be close with City but Vidic being back (and Clattenberg) at christnas might swing it