Liverpool F.c.

scousemouse

Lots of talk about Jurgen Klopp replacing Brendan Rodgers , but so far Borussia Dortmund p:13 l:8 pts 11

Liverpool p:13 l:6 pts 17.

Borussia are bottom of the Bundesliga , but unbeaten in C/L .

Who was it said ` football is a funny old game ` Old Jimmy god bless him .

yep you could draw those comparisons if you want to but its an irrelevant one to draw when considering Klopps domestic title and a CL final all done on a pony budget whilst his best players were being sold off. the comparison you should be drawing is their time in management and what they've actually achieved.

Its a funny old game because hire/fire management culture and poisonous journalists have turned the whole thing into one big insane circus.

^Aye what's his preferred position?

From what I have seen of Liverpool this season, when he plays Mario he seems to be playing him as a lone striker and IMO Mario ain't a lone striker. If sick note ever bothers to go back to work, it'll be interesting to see if he and Mario can pair up.

He not a lone striker agreed but frankly he's mostly crap however you play him. Has the odd good game, scores the odd cracking goal that sticks in the memory but basically he's a self obsessed <deleted> with very limited talent who goes into a sulk if all the attentions focused elsewhere. I'll add to that he's a dirty cynical w*nker too when another player gets the better of him.

Not too keen on him then Carms biggrin.png

still remember the &lt;deleted&gt; stamping on Parker, after he's been out fought for the ball fair and square, because he just couldn't deal with his own mediocrity!thumbsup.gif

I'm not a Liverpool fan (though my team, Crewe Alexandra) has (or had) a special relationship with LFC.

What amazes me is that a hard-headed Ulsterman like Rodgers ever came up with the notion of buying a known lunatic like Balotelli.

Given the number of top-flight managers who have offloaded this complete dingbat in clouded circumstances, what seizure must Rodgers have had to think that Balotelli was the answer to the "no-Suarez" problem?

The man's mere presence about the place has a bad effect if you're trying to build a cohesive squad mentality, and I can't see success returning to Anfield until they've managed to jettison this utter minus quantity, which may not be easy or quick.

Balotelli has become radioactive; no-one wants to touch him. Could he find a home at Elgin City, perhaps, or TPS Turku?

Still don`t reckon Rodgers wanted him , but he has certainly given him more chances than Lambert . At the end of the line we need a much better striker than either of these two . I have a gut feeling if we sign Martinez Sturridge will return from Lourdes fully healed .

Thanks for the clarification.

I searched around and came upon this interesting discussion as to how player transfers are handled at LFC.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/liverpool/10004873/Liverpool-transfers-to-be-decided-by-committee-not-Brendan-Rodgers-claims-Ian-Ayre.html

I'm not a Liverpool fan (though my team, Crewe Alexandra) has (or had) a special relationship with LFC.

What amazes me is that a hard-headed Ulsterman like Rodgers ever came up with the notion of buying a known lunatic like Balotelli.

Given the number of top-flight managers who have offloaded this complete dingbat in clouded circumstances, what seizure must Rodgers have had to think that Balotelli was the answer to the "no-Suarez" problem?

The man's mere presence about the place has a bad effect if you're trying to build a cohesive squad mentality, and I can't see success returning to Anfield until they've managed to jettison this utter minus quantity, which may not be easy or quick.

Balotelli has become radioactive; no-one wants to touch him. Could he find a home at Elgin City, perhaps, or TPS Turku?

Still don`t reckon Rodgers wanted him , but he has certainly given him more chances than Lambert . At the end of the line we need a much better striker than either of these two . I have a gut feeling if we sign Martinez Sturridge will return from Lourdes fully healed .

I searched around and came upon this interesting discussion as to how player transfers are handled at LFC.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/liverpool/10004873/Liverpool-transfers-to-be-decided-by-committee-not-Brendan-Rodgers-claims-Ian-Ayre.html

Perhaps it's time for a change thumbsup.gif

Thanks for that Rick , that explains why he only picked Lambert from the players we signed in Summer . I suppose the next step will be the committee will pick the team .

Edited by fonsboy

and on a totally different note, michael owen is an appalling bellend part #247.

He is a complete cock, a effin wage thief.

Yeah sure Michael, all us dumb working class fans that pay your wages are gonna nip down and buy one tomorrow.

This tawat represents everything that is wrong with the greed is good league, a complete bellend.

and on a totally different note, michael owen is an appalling bellend part #247.

He is a complete cock, a effin wage thief.

Yeah sure Michael, all us dumb working class fans that pay your wages are gonna nip down and buy one tomorrow.

This tawat represents everything that is wrong with the greed is good league, a complete bellend.

He's also the worst punter ever, every single bookmaker I know wanted him as a client.

Thanks for the heads up mate, I now know which channel to not switch on.

I did say for Reds fans , prob. should have said LFC fans.

Just got up Team : Mingo ,Manqillo Skrtel Toure Johnno

Lucas Hendo Lallana Stevie Sterling Lambo .

piece of piss that. never in doubt. whistling.gif

Defending still not good , bottom of the league side , down to 10 men, & still we struggled to hold them . Lucas gave away 6 free kicks all in positions that where not that far away from goal area .But why did we not get pen. when Stevie was brought down in penalty area . That's the best midfield have played for long time , but up front toothless .

I think someone is putting magic mushrooms in Mignolet's pre-match pasta, proper tripin' that lad

he looks broken doesn't he? mentally like. i'm not sure how he comes back from this short of hypnotherapy to give him a bit of anger, a bit of madness about him. seems far too indecisive and meek for a top goalkeeper.

• Like 1

I think someone is putting magic mushrooms in Mignolet's pre-match pasta, proper tripin' that lad

he looks broken doesn't he? mentally like. i'm not sure how he comes back from this short of hypnotherapy to give him a bit of anger, a bit of madness about him. seems far too indecisive and meek for a top goalkeeper.

Yeah no confidence !

I don't think he came out once in that game for a cross or a long ball...

He can't kick the back over the half way line and looks like he might pass it to the opposition at any given moment.

Having said that, sick of seeing the back four pass it back to him instead of using some movement to work it into midfeild or wide instead - which still allows us to keep possession.

- Anyway 2 wins on the bounce now, even if its ugly and less than convincing!

Edited by Devil

Proper rabbit in the headlights keeping, shit myself every time the ball goes near him. He really isn't this bad a keeper, psychologically he's like a beaten dog at the minute though.

Edited by BangrakBob

Premiership beginning to take an all too familiar look with Chelsea & City pulling away from the rest . The sooner there is a Euro super league the better . Let all the teams with unlimited spending power play each other.

Premiership beginning to take an all too familiar look with Chelsea & City pulling away from the rest . The sooner there is a Euro super league the better . Let all the teams with unlimited spending power play each other.

Possibly not far away.

Mindyou, i think the priority should be to get rid of FIFA first and then begin to sort out the rest of football.

Premiership beginning to take an all too familiar look with Chelsea & City pulling away from the rest .

Eh? Last year City only scraped it in front of Liverpool. Chelsea 3rd. The season before United won it. The season before that City scraped it over United by goal difference etc, etc. What is "all too familiar" about this season?

The sooner there is a Euro super league the better . Let all the teams with unlimited spending power play each other.

No thanks. I've been waiting decades for City to be competitive in the Prem and now we are you want to put us in a different league. It's all cyclical, remember when Liverpool were the dominant ones wink.png

Premiership beginning to take an all too familiar look with Chelsea & City pulling away from the rest .

Eh? Last year City only scraped it in front of Liverpool. Chelsea 3rd. The season before United won it. The season before that City scraped it over United by goal difference etc, etc. What is "all too familiar" about this season?

The sooner there is a Euro super league the better . Let all the teams with unlimited spending power play each other.

No thanks. I've been waiting decades for City to be competitive in the Prem and now we are you want to put us in a different league. It's all cyclical, remember when Liverpool were the dominant ones wink.png

How old do you think I am Liverpool have not been a dominant force for 30 years . You & Chelsea fans may have waited a long time for success but it only came with the arrival of the Abu sheiks & Abramovic`s billions . It seems the only way for any other side to catch them is to spend has much as them , Or be lucky enough to get a front 3 like Suarez , a fit Sturridge & a flyer like Sterling , we would have won the league last season with a top class G/K .

there's no more cycles now. when liverpool were dominant there were no oligarchs, no sheikhs' playthings, no millionaire players. the top is a pretty closed shop of superwealthy elite now with the occasional random anomaly.

• Like 1

there's no more cycles now. when liverpool were dominant there were no oligarchs, no sheikhs' playthings, no millionaire players. the top is a pretty closed shop of superwealthy elite now with the occasional random anomaly.

You have a foreign owner, we have a foreign owner. But because our owner has more money, it's called his plaything? I'd wager our owner has put stacks more into the Manchester community than yours has into the Liverpool area.

we would have won the league last season with a top class G/K .

Wudda, shudda, cudda. It's all hypothetical and you'll never know. All teams have injuries and we even struggled in the G/K department last year when Pellegrini even dropped Hart for Pantimillion.

• Like 1

You have a foreign owner, we have a foreign owner. But because our owner has more money, it's called his plaything? I'd wager our owner has put stacks more into the Manchester community than yours has into the Liverpool area.

Of course he has, he can steal it straight out of the bottomless sovereign oil well thumbsup.gif