Kick-off 8pm

August:

2 v Espanyol

Cornella-El Prat Stadium, Barcelona

Kick-off time to be confirmed

5 v FC Lyn

Oslo

Kick-off 7pm

What happened to the Hong Kong fixture? I thought there were doing the tour of bkk, Singapore and then Hong Kong. I wanted to go on a trip and watch all 3 matches. Guess theyve cancelled it or I must of been seeing things. Wonder if I can still convince the wife there going to Hong Kong :)

I'll never forget being in the Pan American Club ( i think it was called ) on the Albert Dock when he first signed with a few Evertonians one night having a Booze when in walked this <deleted> Huge Blonde Haired, Blue Eyed Boy that looked about 8'8..

As soon as he walked in there was a buzz about the place & i remember saying " Who the <deleted> is that ?? "

" That's Sammi who's just signed for the Red Sh*te " they said " But it's alright, we've got Richard Gough " !! :)

:D

we weren't even supposed to sign him, one of our scouts, might have been ron yeats, was sent to watch a PSV player and they happened to be playing willem II. he came back to houllier and said 'forget about the PSV lad but you have got to get this massive blonde finn from the other team'. 2.5m GBP later and what a signing.

Will hopefully/rightfully go down as a Liverpool Legend i would have thought...

no doubt about that man, reflected in the fact that most fans didn't want him to leave at all and wanted him to go straight into a backroom role. wish him all the best for another couple of years playing in the bundesliga though. he'll still do a fine job over there.

I wouldn't be surpirsed to see him back at Anfield when he's finished anyway to be honest in a Coaching Role..

Pre-season schedule:

July:

15 v FC St Gallen

AFG Arena, St Gallen

Kick-off 8pm

19 v Rapid Vienna

Ernst Happel Stadium, Vienna

Kick-off 7.15pm

22 v Thailand

National Stadium, Bangkok

Kick-off 8pm

26 v Singapore

National Stadium, Singapore

Kick-off 8pm

August:

2 v Espanyol

Cornella-El Prat Stadium, Barcelona

Kick-off time to be confirmed

5 v FC Lyn

Oslo

Kick-off 7pm

What happened to the Hong Kong fixture? I thought there were doing the tour of bkk, Singapore and then Hong Kong. I wanted to go on a trip and watch all 3 matches. Guess theyve cancelled it or I must of been seeing things. Wonder if I can still convince the wife there going to Hong Kong :)

Dispute over payment, which is a shame. Spurs taking over the HKG date.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/...-tour-Asia.html

We've already booked flights to Singapore as we won't be in BKK at that time of the year. And tickets applied through the local LFC supporters' club.

Edited by Jacqqq

So Bkk and Singapore it is then. Is the only way to get the tickets in Singapore through there supporters club or will they be online somewhere. I did join the supporters club 2 years ago on a trip in Singapore but I lost all my details ages ago.

So Bkk and Singapore it is then. Is the only way to get the tickets in Singapore through there supporters club or will they be online somewhere. I did join the supporters club 2 years ago on a trip in Singapore but I lost all my details ages ago.

Tickets should be on general sale (online et al). Just that they haven't announced it yet. From what I've read, they should be doing so this week or next. I believe the event organiser is Profitable Group or something like that. Supporters clubs are taking 'bookings' cos I reckon they would have some concessions on block bookings (and hopefully, better seats too).

I'll give a shout if I hear anything.

Anyone have a link to the supporters' club in Thailand?

As for Hyypia, sad to see him go. He's owed a testimonial, right? Wonder when that will be. Funny story about Sami. I worked with a Finn in Bangkok a few years ago and he was a real nice bloke. He is from the same town as Sami and said they were often at the same parties though from different high schools and said he knew him well enough. Said that when Liverpool last came to Bangkok Sami had his number from a mutual friend and called him up asking him to show him the crazy side of Bangkok. They're in the hotel room and Sami just puts on a cap and sunglasses and says, "Let's go." My friend said, "No way, you'll never get by with that, you'll be mobbed, don't you know how popular you are here, we need a better disguise." Sami said it was fine and to not be ridiculous. So they go to Patpong and Hyppia gets mobbed by a lot of the Thais there, not really the farang. They get away quickly and hop in a taxi and decide to try Nana Plaza. Evidently, nobody noticed him there or nobody cared, because he said nobody gave them a bother. I was hoping I could try to hook up with my old friend and hang out with an Anfield legend in July, but alas this ain't going to happen. Good luck, Sami.

Anyone have a link to the supporters' club in Thailand?

http://www.lfcthailand.com/index.htm as listed in http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/club/aib/row.htm .Don't seem to be an English language option on the website though.

Location Contact Name Contact Address Tel / E-mail Further Information

BANGKOK DUKE BHORNLERTS 79-17 SUKHUMIT 15

KLONGTOEY

BANGKOK E-mail: [email protected]

WWW: www.lfcthailand.com Other Informantion

Enquiries and memberships please contact us via email

Edited by Jacqqq

full squad as far as i know. away from home we seem to play skrtel more than agger so line-up most likely:

reina

arbeloa carragher skrtel insua

alonso mascherano

kuyt gerrard benayoun or riera

torres

couple of irons old boys back at your place. not that mascherano ever really played that much there!

full squad as far as i know. away from home we seem to play skrtel more than agger so line-up most likely:

reina

arbeloa carragher skrtel insua

alonso mascherano

kuyt gerrard benayoun or riera

torres

couple of irons old boys back at your place. not that mascherano ever really played that much there!

You're right, our then Management Team thought Nigel Quashie was a better option than Mascherano, i kid you not.... :)

That probable Team scares me & i've said it before & will say it again, a full strength Liverpool Team, as that will be, is the best First Choice 11 in the Prem ( but Aurelio to replace Insua for me but it's close enough )...

it's funny isn't it because a lot of rival teams' fans really don't rate reina, arbeloa, skrtel, kuyt and riera.

aurelio's probably our best left-back still but insua's a hel_l of a talent and he needs games to progress.

funny enough of our remaining games tomorrow is the one where i think we're most likely to drop points. hopefully torres is fully fit and we'll just set about you.

Alonso will not play for sure. We'll probably be seeing Lucas unless Rafa elects to start Gerrard in midfield, which I highly doubt. If he did that, though, could put Riera on the left, Yossi at the right and Kuyt up front or reverse Kuyt and Yossi.

It'd be a touch if Alonso doesn't play, i'm fully aware he's one of the most important Cogs in the Wheel... :)

I've seen in the Press this week that Rafa may think of letting Lucas go in teh Summer & the figure that was touted about was 6m, surely Paper Talk only ??

I think he'll want to keep Lucas, but what do we know? He could sell him to get money to bring in other midfielders like Barry or I've heard of some young midfield player in La Liga Rafa may want (not Spanish, though, can't remember the name). If it's Barry, though, hope we don't pay too much for him as he's already 28. Lennon also might be a target so yes, the midfield could be getting crowded making room for Lucas to leave. Sissoko was a top talent and yet Rafa had to seel him to get other players he wanted. StevieH seems to be the only one who actually has an informant inside the club, so your guess is as good as mine. Of course the papers say lots of things that never come true regarding transfers, but sometimes they do happen.

Also, saw this announcement. West Ham fears a drunk traveling Kop?

from lfc website...

IMPORTANT NOTICE FOR FANS TRAVELLING TO WEST HAM

Liverpoolfc(dot)tv 08 May 2009

Liverpool FC would like to make supporters travelling to London for Saturday's match at West Ham United aware of the following announcement.

A West Ham spokesman said: "After lengthy consultation with the Metropolitan Police, West Ham United has agreed not to sell alcohol to Liverpool supporters once the match has started at 17.30hrs.

"The kiosk will remain open for the sale of food, soft drinks, tea and coffee, but no alcohol will be sold once the match has started."

I think he'll want to keep Lucas, but what do we know? He could sell him to get money to bring in other midfielders like Barry or I've heard of some young midfield player in La Liga Rafa may want (not Spanish, though, can't remember the name). If it's Barry, though, hope we don't pay too much for him as he's already 28. Lennon also might be a target so yes, the midfield could be getting crowded making room for Lucas to leave. Sissoko was a top talent and yet Rafa had to seel him to get other players he wanted. StevieH seems to be the only one who actually has an informant inside the club, so your guess is as good as mine. Of course the papers say lots of things that never come true regarding transfers, but sometimes they do happen.

Also, saw this announcement. West Ham fears a drunk traveling Kop?

from lfc website...

IMPORTANT NOTICE FOR FANS TRAVELLING TO WEST HAM

Liverpoolfc(dot)tv 08 May 2009

Liverpool FC would like to make supporters travelling to London for Saturday's match at West Ham United aware of the following announcement.

A West Ham spokesman said: "After lengthy consultation with the Metropolitan Police, West Ham United has agreed not to sell alcohol to Liverpool supporters once the match has started at 17.30hrs.

"The kiosk will remain open for the sale of food, soft drinks, tea and coffee, but no alcohol will be sold once the match has started."

Yeah i saw that earlier JimJim..

I would say that the Met are more fearful of a Bloodbath in London ( & have one eye on the Millwall V Leeds Game & Fans aswell as our Game & our Fans ), than us worrying about a few Scousers who can't handle their Bevvies, hence the Booze Ban for your lot... :)

Edited by MSingh

Ah, I see. Millwall and Leeds is a big match. Can you believe Peterborough United? Promoted last season from League Two and runners-up this season in League One and suddenly they're in the Championship. Same for MK Dons, in the playoffs to get to the Championship after spending last year in League Two. Anyway, back to Liverpool FC.

It'd be a touch if Alonso doesn't play, i'm fully aware he's one of the most important Cogs in the Wheel... :)

I've seen in the Press this week that Rafa may think of letting Lucas go in teh Summer & the figure that was touted about was 6m, surely Paper Talk only ??

alonso's the best midfielder in the country this season. big out. wonderful footballer.

lucas will sell for 6m to a spanish club and i'm content to see him go. he's not progressed as he should have and we'll sign gareth barry for 8m. makes sense.

alonso's the best midfielder in the country this season. big out. wonderful footballer.

lucas will sell for 6m to a spanish club and i'm content to see him go. he's not progressed as he should have and we'll sign gareth barry for 8m. makes sense.

More than welcome to send Lucas to East London Stevie, no probs at all.. :D

I find it odd that Rafa would sell alonso, whose had a standout season to buy barry, maybe martin 'o can arrange a swap and 8million :)

he won't do this summer, xabi's reacted brilliantly and had a great season.

we'll generate funds this summer by selling babel, voronin, dossena and lucas. maybe a few of the kids as well.

I find it odd that Rafa would sell alonso, whose had a standout season to buy barry, maybe martin 'o can arrange a swap and 8million :)

we'll generate funds this summer by selling babel, voronin, dossena and lucas. maybe a few of the kids as well.

Stick Babel in the same Envelope as Lucas please... :D

Stick Babel in the same Envelope as Lucas please... :D

christ, you're welcome. 8m and he's all yours. or we'll have that stanislas lad in part exchange.

Would be good for u if u can keep both, how would u line up then?

If it were me, with thr frailty of torres, I would be looking for some cover up front over another midfielder.

was a lot easier than i expected it to be to be honest, though there should have been a free kick to wham just before we were awarded the penalty for the second goal.

Just what i expected to be honest..

We're desperately short of numbers & it's a miracle how many points we've got out of the last 8 or so Games given the fact that we're playing with our 3rd & 5th choice Strikers & only one of our first choice Midfield..

Take that out of any Team outside the Top 4 & they'd desperaterly struggle but we've done ok, however when we come up against a Top 4 Side then we're gonna get murdered & you can forget about us scoring..

Early Goal killed it as a spectacle really & the second i was very dissapointed with the Ref for not giving us a Foul & how he didn't i'll never know but i'm not gonna go on all " Chelsea " about it.. :)