Motorbiking Thieves Preyed On Pattaya Tourists

Rimmer

Motorbiking Thieves Preyed On Pattaya Tourists

235.jpg

Police arrested a Pattaya teenage gang who rode motorcycles to snatch tourists’ necklaces and handbags. Three males and a female were arrested. They confessed to many previous snatchings, and would divide the money to spend afterwards.

PATTAYA – April 25, 2013 [PDN]: at 12:10 a.m., arrests were made of four teens on motorbikes after patrolling officers witnessed a necklace-snatching attempt on Pattaya Second Road.

Pattaya police officers with civil defense volunteer of Pattaya intercepted and arrested 3 male and a female teenager after they rode 2 motorcycles to snatch a gold necklace from a tourist who was sitting on a pick-up truck minibus near Big C, north Pattaya, Pattaya route 2 Rd.

Full story:http://www.pattayadailynews.com/en/2013/04/25/motorbiking-thieves-preyed-on-pattaya-tourists/

-- PATTAYA DAILY NEWS 2013-04-25

They are only teenagers, so they will get a serious talking too, then be sent to make merrit and then be back to steal again. I'm willing to bet the bigger crime happend later, the teens parents came to the station to make serious merrit to the police "here is 30,000 baht officer, is that enough for my son's mistakes?".cheesy.gif

• Like 1

Not a minute, they're teens. Back on the streets by now. The police could catch quite a few of them using their foreign operative and a heavy, fake gold chain. He could board a bahtbus at the corner of 2nd road/South Pattaya Road as many tourists coming from WS do, and police in plainclothes follow on bikes. They won't, because they appreciate people stealing from farangs. I watched police doing it on the corner Khao Talo/Bypass Road earlier today. Cars speeding over the crossing giving a crap about ROW no problem, but every white face on a bike was stopped and asked to show the documents.

I posted this comment on a thread about noise in Jomtien but you could apply it to almost anything that happens in Thailand.

The police are a business not a service. As long as that situation remains, forget about any "justice".

I posted this comment on a thread about noise in Jomtien but you could apply it to almost anything that happens in Thailand.

The police are a business not a service. As long as that situation remains, forget about any "justice".

"The police are a business not a service. As long as that situation remains, forget about any "justice"."

I believe you are 100% correct. There was a cash drawer robbery from a 5 star chicken food stall near us recently. I asked the Missus how much she though it would cost the vendor to report this to the local police. She said she was not sure and at the same time didn't find it unusual to think there would be a charge for reporting a crime to the police.