What Celebs On Samui? Any Famous People Visited Or Have Houses Here?

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Neneh Cherry was here in the late 90's. Friend of mine met her at Secret Garden on the Sunday jam session.

Mick Jagger stayed a couple of times in Ban Talign Nam Resort (Now InterContinental).

I've seen a picture of him in Bophut. Also Lenny Kravitz has been seen on the island.

Mick came the first after the BKK concert was cancelled as sound system was stranded in India....he stayed at Ban Taling Ngam then correct, very approachable guy, remember him arriving at the old airport going straight for the loo......leaving all the 'flower girls' (who had no idea anyway who he was) standing.....

Thanks for the info. But The Stones cancelled as it had just been announced that SARS was going mad over here. So The Stones cancelled their BKK concert . . . n Jagger did a U-turn to Samui!

R

http://news.google.com/newspapers?nid=1298&dat=20030411&id=QwMzAAAAIBAJ&sjid=TQgGAAAAIBAJ&pg=5872,3364942

I guess there are many reasons/excuses.....

Can confirm we saw Neneh cheery about 2001(maybe 2002) on a Bkk Airways flight to Samui, we were drunk and my friend started to sing one her songs, very loudly and badly, so will never forget that.

Sam Fox goes to Lamai every year, saw her a couple of times, and my wife was in the same massage parlour in lamai as her once, where Sam knew everybody's name apparently.

I have always wondered that a lot of Celebs could pretty much move around the Island without being noticed, as not many locals would recognise them. Especially if they avoided heavy tourist areas where they would get spotted.

I have always wondered that a lot of Celebs could pretty much move around the Island without being noticed, as not many locals would recognise them. Especially if they avoided heavy tourist areas where they would get spotted.

I don't have any problems.biggrin.png I just wear sunglasses at night.

Gary Coleman. Always on Samui.

Danny Bonaducci. Regular visitor.

Gary Coleman must be another who lives on the Ghost Road as he died 3 years ago

Apart from the A list stars some have mentioned does anyone think that Thais would know who the others are?

Im pretty sure I just saw Barak Obama out having dinner tonight with HRM The Queen, in Prego on the beach road. He had the tortellini and she had a calzone..........but the wine was very strong and very very free flowing tonight, so I could be mistaken.

Im pretty sure I just saw Barak Obama out having dinner tonight with HRM The Queen, in Prego on the beach road. He had the tortellini and she had a calzone..........but the wine was very strong and very very free flowing tonight, so I could be mistaken.

No - I think that you must be mistaken. HRM never eats calzone. It must have been something else rolleyes.gif

Garey Busey was at a bar in Lamai during last Songkran. He asked me to join him and we had a couple of chocolate shakes.

He's still a party animal...

Because he drinks chocolate shakes on Songkran?

Yeah. It was 10:00 in the morning (and I think he was 'on the wagon').

I also saw a werewolf drinking a Pina Colada at Trader Vic's . And his hair was PERFECT! Ahh-Rooooooo!!!

RIP Warren Zevon

Edited by cloghead

You lot are losing it on this page of the thread!

The only 'name' i recognise here is Rooo...

Rooo is more of a celeb than any others mentioned on here

I'm a legend in my own lunch time you say?