Bangkok Administration To Demolish Saphan Taksin Station, Put In Moving Walkways

webfact

In the context of what discussion? You mean the discussion I brought up? If I measure like you say, I'd be standing there timing things as I am getting on the train trying hard to get a seat. Why in the hell would I want to do that? After I have gotten a seat, my inquisitiveness about the timing is over. Anyway, you have both missed the point entirely.

Interestingly, I have been paying even more attention since this ineffectual discussion began. Here are the facts as I see them, head them if you are wise, don't if you want to wank off with headway times...... trains coming into siam headed east come in groups of 2 (for lack of a better term). This means there are 2 trains VERY close together. If you are like me, and don't like people, don't get on the first one. I believe this 2 train grouping effect is like a snowball effect starting when one train coincidentally gets a tad behind, then it snowballs because the head (slow) train is now picking up more passengers. This culminates at siam. I will tell you how I know this..... the next train sometimes becomes visible 15 to 20 seconds after a train leaves! It then stalls for a few moments 50 meters or so from the platform. I think they correct the 2 train grouping effect at siam. However, you can still take advantage of it because the driver doesn't wait all that long, and the rear train is very uncrowded, and then subsequently picks up very few passengers on the way down suk (the slow train in front is picking up the majority because it was lagging).

If that made any sense, good for you.... you're in luck because you just made your experience 100% more enjoyable if you head this way. If it didn't make any sense, and you;d like to spend your time with a stopwatch while I am getting a seat, go right ahead. smile.png

What you say makes perfect sense.

What doesn't make sense is why you bother doing any timing.

because I want to know how long on average I will have to wait, if I do in fact wait, for the next train.

I meant to say "heed" them up there, not "head them if you are wise". lol, that is a good one, lmfao.

Edited by utalkin2me

In the context of what discussion? You mean the discussion I brought up? If I measure like you say, I'd be standing there timing things as I am getting on the train trying hard to get a seat. Why in the hell would I want to do that? After I have gotten a seat, my inquisitiveness about the timing is over. Anyway, you have both missed the point entirely.

Interestingly, I have been paying even more attention since this ineffectual discussion began. Here are the facts as I see them, head them if you are wise, don't if you want to wank off with headway times...... trains coming into siam headed east come in groups of 2 (for lack of a better term). This means there are 2 trains VERY close together. If you are like me, and don't like people, don't get on the first one. I believe this 2 train grouping effect is like a snowball effect starting when one train coincidentally gets a tad behind, then it snowballs because the head (slow) train is now picking up more passengers. This culminates at siam. I will tell you how I know this..... the next train sometimes becomes visible 15 to 20 seconds after a train leaves! It then stalls for a few moments 50 meters or so from the platform. I think they correct the 2 train grouping effect at siam. However, you can still take advantage of it because the driver doesn't wait all that long, and the rear train is very uncrowded, and then subsequently picks up very few passengers on the way down suk (the slow train in front is picking up the majority because it was lagging).

If that made any sense, good for you.... you're in luck because you just made your experience 100% more enjoyable if you head this way. If it didn't make any sense, and you;d like to spend your time with a stopwatch while I am getting a seat, go right ahead. smile.png

because I want to know how long on average I will have to wait, if I do in fact wait, for the next train.

I meant to say "heed" them up there, not "head them if you are wise". lol, that is a good one, lmfao.

You don't just have to wait for the next train to arrive. You actually need to wait until the next train leaves. That's how much time you've lost.

You don't just have to wait for the next train to arrive. You actually need to wait until the next train leaves. That's how much time you've lost.

And you don't think I know this???

im over it. u time it your way, ill time it my way, and well both be happy. i just thought id throw out some useful info, and look what it gets me.

Edited by utalkin2me

Think of it like this my fiend. Let's say you are stranded on an island for a year. At the exact one year point you see a plane, and notice it circles and is landing to pick you up as it saw your flare. It circles for an hour before landing. Now, did your anguish end after the one year point, or only after 1 year and the 1 hour. I just think you do not understand humans, and you are thinking too much (or too little).

If I was stuck on an island for a year, I couldn't give a crap how long it had been once the plane turned up.

Think of it like this my fiend. Let's say you are stranded on an island for a year. At the exact one year point you see a plane, and notice it circles and is landing to pick you up as it saw your flare. It circles for an hour before landing. Now, did your anguish end after the one year point, or only after 1 year and the 1 hour. I just think you do not understand humans, and you are thinking too much (or too little).

If I was stuck on an island for a year, I couldn't give a crap how long it had been once the plane turned up.

Sometimes I dream about being trapped on that island anyway :)

• 2 weeks later...