Sony Xperia Z Availability

Utley

Does anyone know when the Sony Xperia Z will be available in Thailand? I checked two Sony Stores over the last two months; they had mock-ups of the Xperia Z but didn't know when they would be getting the real thing. I see that Lazada has it available online but I would be more comfortable buying from a brick and mortar source.

post-64057-0-53168700-1368243494_thumb.j

Edited by Utley

I think this model is generally available - I am almost certain I have seen it at Jaymart for 20,900. It could be challenging to source as it is one of the few LTE phones which currently works with TrueMove H 4G/LTE (other band 1 models need new basebands, or firmware updates).

I think this model is generally available - I am almost certain I have seen it at Jaymart for 20,900. It could be challenging to source as it is one of the few LTE phones which currently works with TrueMove H 4G/LTE (other band 1 models need new basebands, or firmware updates).

I have also checked my local Jaymart to no avail. If this Sony model is available in Thailand, why wouldn't a Sony Store have it?

I went back to my local Jaymart and they still don't have the Xperia Z but a sales girl there said that she thought she saw one at Power Buy. Yes, sure enough Power Buy does have the Xperia Z - hot damn!!!!

It is beyond my comprehension however why a discount store would have a new Sony product before a Sony Store has one. Oh well, my MBA is in finance, not marketing.

Maybe the Sony store sold out? Maybe they have logistics issues? What did they say was the reason?

I have to admit I didn't even know there were Sony phone stores here; that's probably the last place I would have thought to look.

I think these have been out for a few weeks already.

And I'm not sure PowerBuy qualifies as a "discount store". More of a big box retailer.

How do you like the phone? I thought it felt pretty good when I played with it; design/feel is nice; screen looks good, not quite as good as the SGS4, but good none the less.

Is it a C6602? Or a C6603?

The model I purchased is the 6602; I didn't even know there was a 6603.

I am still in the exploring/experimental stage but so far so good. Some things are not as intuitive as a desktop PC like - in Google Search, how do you get the keyboard to appear? What is "Sony Car" and why do I have such a hard time getting out of it? That sort of thing.

I'll let you know at the end of the day how things are progressing.

The version I played with was a C6602, so just GSM and 3G (so no LTE).

right, even sony Thai they only got C6602 model. -> https://my.sony.co.th/shopping/th/store/view.aspx?Model=1560

Maybe they think Thai will not goin to hav LTE very soon, so they just sale C6602 only.

Thanks.

I was confused. I knew some were using the Xperia here on TrueMove H 4G/LTE, but that is the Xperia V. TrueMove H is also selling the Xperia V model.