Poll: Best Country In The World?!?

Voting Yes twice makes no sense; you MUST vote on both questions  

109 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Thais are a proud people. I bet most of them would say that Thailand is the best country in the world.

In my home country, I am certain most Americans would also say the USA is the best country in the world.

Many of us are expats so we are probably different in some ways than the ones who stayed back home.

Some of us really, really love Thailand. To the point of the natives thinking it is the best country in the world? That's one question here.

The other question is whether you think your home country is the best country in the world.

Voting yes twice makes no sense!

You must vote on both questions for your vote to be recorded at all.

Personally I think the concept of best country in the world is rather silly and even embarrassing. But as so many people feel that way about one country or another, it can't be denied it's a feeling that means something to LOTS of people.

Following that thought, if you think (as I do) there is really no such thing as best country in the world (in other words you would choose NO country as the best) please just be a sport and vote NO on both questions.

WRITE IN QUESTION: If you think there is any best country in the world, if it is not Thailand or your home country, which country is it for you?

Edited by Jingthing

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can we have a poll about the delete my vote option on the poll in the true spirit of a fair and democtatic poll.

Switzerland if i had the money closely followed by Australia

Edited by Chittychangchang
  • Like 1

Voting yes twice makes no sense!

...it might make perfect sense if you are Thai....

I voted no for both. Can't really see the point of this poll. Thailand is not my favourite country, neither is my home country.

Fine. My favourite place (can't really call it a country anymore) - is Hong Kong. Feel more at home living there than anywhere else I have been.

Edited by Archie Pelago

Hey JT. Since you wrote ...

Personally I think the concept of best country in the world is rather silly and even embarrassing.

... blink.png

What is the reason that you have blessed us again with another pole ?

• Like 1

Personally I think the concept of best country in the world is rather silly and even embarrassing.

... blink.png

Do the Poles get to vote in this poll too ? smile.png

• Like 1

Strange, people put Switzerland down as boring, too clean etc. But it is always in the top in all the travel polls etc.

I like to live here, and have for forty years this year. Can't be too bad?!!

(or perhaps i am too boring and clean)

Edited by Patsycat
  • Like 2

I voted no to Thailand as being the best Country in the World,(which I can be sure of).

But when it came to voting for my own Country as being the best, (maybe not,but very trustworthy compared with third world,which means a lot ) I had to be honest and abstain (even though I have been to 33 Countries in my lifetime,but great as some were (on holiday type visits,working,etc) ,I didn't decide to live in any particular Country for the rest of my life) because I haven't seen and lived in all the worlds Countries, 200 + so truthfully I really can't say,and most of them lacked Basic Commodities and Amenities ,Sensible laws,Human Rights,Common Sense Laws,the least Beurocracy as possible,Democracy,Stability,

To sum up: I suppose the best Country,is the one the individual is happy to spend the rest of their life in,even if they have not seen the alternatives,which could be many.

Or the acid test is: if your circumstances dictated that you have hit rock bottom,where would you most like to be to weather the storm,

or which Country is most likely to come to your rescue and pick you up from the gutter?

If I don't find the best Country in the World,then I will just go back home to live out the rest of my days,...........so that says it all really,doesn't it???

• Like 2

I just thought of a new theory.

I'd like to know which country's people has the LOWEST percentage believing they live in the best country in the world.

Either that place is a total hellhole like Burundi or it might really be one of the best places!

... blink.png

Do the Poles get to vote in this poll too ? smile.png

Pollsexuals need a doctor's note to participate.

No / No / Yes the worst country is the USA tongue.png

I have the impression that the USA is the western country with a people known to be MOST enthusiastic (polite word?) about proclaiming they are from the best country. But it isn't the only country like that. One reason I started the poll was the connection to Thailand which many in the west still regard as "Third World" and has a people who feel this place is the best, but I think with a different style to express it. Perhaps some combination of nationalism and national character.

I think both the USA and Thailand are countries with a lot to recommend them, but I also think a country that is overly "gung ho" about how great they are is more a RED FLAG than anything.

Edited by Jingthing

Strange, people put Switzerland down as boring, too clean etc. But it is always in the top in all the travel polls etc.

I like to live here, and have for forty years this year. Can't be too bad?!!

(or perhaps i am too boring and clean)

I was a student at Lausanne Hotel School: best moments ever !!

• Like 1

I had to say "no" to Thailand, but it might be best for the single male who likes Thai women. I continue to believe that's why most expats who are in Thailand chose it. Maybe not.

I've been all over the world, and opinions are subjective, but the best place with all things considered, IMHO is Here.

I don't think Thailand is the best country in the world, but it is the best place for me to live, as long as I can afford it.

I don't think that my home country - USA - is the best country in the world, but it has a lot of good points and, generally, it does protect the world from things being worse than they could be.

• Like 2