Luxury Cars Worth Bt100 Million Destroyed In Semi-Trailer Fire

webfact

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

looks more like a ferrari f430 in the rear not a second lambo...rear engine car so maybe hot exhaust and anchor straps = fire?

wow...just googled ferrari f430 fire for kicks...they seem to have a bit of bad luck with fires. LOL And while doing so I did see another article with better pics of the same accident and it was a Ferrari.

Wasn't a rear-engined one though, they don't exist, .

DONT EXIST ??? It amazes me that people make statements like this when they obviously know F----K all about it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The article I read mentioned that several people motioned/yelled to the car-carrier driver that one of his truck brakes was overheating/smoking with the tire just starting to catch fire. By the time he stopped the fire had engulfed two or three of the cars. There are some fire pics on the interwebs.

If not an insurance job - maybe better to ship cars of this value individually in enclosed trailers?

The exact thing happened to a truck load of my cars near the M40 - M25 Junction. I was on the way to LHR enroute to BKK and was worried about missing my flight because of the traffic.

When I got arrived at the scene I was shocked to see I had lost 8 vehicles. Fortunately they were fully insured. I could tell you many stories about the 'adventures' some of my vehicles have had over the years on the back of transporters!

http://www.bucksfreepress.co.uk/news/4470956.Passing_motorist_spotted_blazing_M40_lorry/

Ferrari, lambo and fiat!. All same same but no same!. Over priced Mirafiori !.

Not quite.

Ferrari, Maserati both owned by Fiat.

Lamborghini is owned by Audi AG (part of Volkswagen Group)

As for overpriced Mirafiori, good point, except beautiful cars always cost more than econoboxes, especially Italians.

Robby nz, on 30 May 2013 - 13:20, said:snapback.png

So that's why they haven't delivered it.

Bugger, have to keep driving the old Maserati till they send another.

It's in the mail check your mail box.

Never though of that Dolly will send the butler to have a look.

PREM-R, on 30 May 2013 - 11:48, said:

Chazchallenger, on 30 May 2013 - 11:25, said:

A lot of these luxury cars are delivered up north cause they go straight over the boarders to the cartel owners in the golden triangle. Not people I'd like to upset.

There are a number of Lamborghini, Ferrari, Bentley owners in Khon Kaen plus many of the "big" business owners choose AMG Benz. More chance of seeing a lambo than a buffalo in 21st Century Khon Kaen.
Hopefully you're referring to the city as opposed to the whole province. biggrin.png Edited by mca

A couple of things I don't understand.

Why were their tanks full? I would have thought the minimum fuel would be best due to the fire risk and the extra weight.

The fire also damaged the truck's air-brake tubes causing several luxury
cars to slide down off the trailer. Some plunged into a roadside ditch,
while others blocked two outbound lanes of the highway, causing a
traffic jam.

Maybe someone can correct me if I'm wrong on this. If the tubes on the air brakes were ruptured that would just apply the brakes and wouldn't have any effect on the cars.

I hope the rich people expecting these cars are sent replacements very quickly. My thoughts are with those rich people in these difficult times. wai.gif

Thanks for the condolences, it broke my heart when my Lambo went up in smoke, but I am getting by, somehowcheesy.gif

A couple of things I don't understand.

Why were their tanks full? I would have thought the minimum fuel would be best due to the fire risk and the extra weight.

The fire also damaged the truck's air-brake tubes causing several luxury

cars to slide down off the trailer. Some plunged into a roadside ditch,

while others blocked two outbound lanes of the highway, causing a

traffic jam.

Maybe someone can correct me if I'm wrong on this. If the tubes on the air brakes were ruptured that would just apply the brakes and wouldn't have any effect on the cars.

You are quite correct kimamey, if there is a major air leak in the braking system, the brakes come on automatically bringing the truck to a standstill very quickly. If you take into account that most goods vehicles of this length and design would normally weigh 40 tonnes when fully laden you may realise how good truck brakes generally are -- if maintained properly. This truck would not have weighed much over 20 tonnes gross with the six cars on it. Very little chance of the brakes over-heating. If one of the tyres had punctured or blown and the driver not noticed and continued driving for several kms, this could generate enough heat to start a fire but if you've ever heard a truck tyre blow out the driver would have to be stone deaf not to hear it. When a tyre blows out, you see a huge cloud of dust in your mirrors -- if you check them.

As mentioned in my last post on this subject, it is in fact safer to have a full fuel tank as opposed to a near empty one. Although petrol is highly flammable, petrol vapour is far more dangerous. Maybe someone left one of the car's filler caps off ? Who knows and will we ever find out or just brush it under the mat and chalk it up to experience.

• Like 2

my only regret about this story is that they were not already delivered to the buyers , , im not an admirer of the rich especially rich thais, of which there are thousands , i never, or seldom see anything for charity / helping the poor in thailand and if farang/x-pats had not organised fund raising for so many to institutions they would get nothing or half what they do get , .........still we are treated like sh*t with visa runs and all that goes with it , all we ever ask for is a level playing field , lets take 51% of thai owned property in the EU/usa, and give it to thai charities , thumbs up !

• Like 1

Topic continues here:

FIRE

Burned out cars a mystery: police
The Nation

30207283-01_big.JPG

NAKON RATCHASIMA: -- Officers of Provincial Police Region 3 are still looking for the owner of four luxury cars that caught fire on Wednesday in Nakhon Ratchasima's Pak Chong district during transportation on a semi-trailer truck. No one has claimed ownership of the burned-out vehicles.

Full story: http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/643223-burned-out-luxury-cars-a-mystery-nakhon-ratchasima-police/

//CLOSED//

/Admin