Father Locks Mentally Ill Daughter On Manmade Island For 20 Years In Chumphon

webfact

At 17 she had already been married for 5 years and then divorced before she started showing signs of mental illness. So she was married by 11 ort 12 years old, if I'm reading this right. That could have a strain on the mental health.

Errr...no, you are NOT reading it right. Not even close.

The article clearly states she got married at 17 and split with her husband 5 months later.

Oh ok, I should have woke up fully before reading the story.. wait I just woke up and re-read it.

It said she was married for 5 month not 5 years. Coffee make a lot of difference. ha ha

Edited by rammis35

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You silly farang just don't understand Thainess and what it means to be Buddhist.

Your remark is uncalled for. Your ignorance of an individuals human rights does not cancel out the inhumanity of some Thai Budhist customs or the abuse of Thai people by their peers or families.

After all the Thai government are signed up to the charter of human rights which in international and Thai law should have protected this woman and all other Thai women that are abused by the male members of their own families.

Playing the Thai supremacy card in defence of a violent crime is not commensurate with the intent of Thai Law.

• Like 1