Best Hospital In Bangkok

Firefan

Besides Bumrungrad, which seem to rank high for many reasons (Incl. goo marketing and posh rooms), if money is not an issue, which private hspitals are considered the best in class, as a general hospital, here in Bangkok?

I am well aware that some hospitals have specialization, or a brilliant doctor in one area, and also that even a top hospital can have a crap doc partly due to the way doctor are working as "independents", not hired by the hospital,, but I am talking in general.

Cheers!

For high fee general private hospitals for international patients believe Bumrungand, Samitivej, Bangkok Hospital, BNH are all considered about the same tier I believe (but this is only as a consumer - have no medical knowledge). There is also a larger second and third level in price and then another class which I would only call holding hotels with little or no medical facilities - but as you noted price itself does not directly equate to care; and often not even comfort. But at the top 3 tiers most will have the required facilities and support for most patients.

There isn't any "best hospital in general". It entirely depends on the doctor. There are a number of hospitals all of which have top level facilities (which does not necessarily mean you will get top level care). There are a number of others with somewhat more limited facilities but still quite adequate for all but unusually specialized needs.

Personally both for myself and when advising others, I research the best doctor for the need without regard to hospital.

Lop; Thanks.

Sheryl; reason I ask is that my international health insurance cover (up to USD 500.000) - for any hospital except Bumrungrad where one has to pay a 30% co-pay. Reason is apparently some bad episodes where crazy over charging was done. They literally only have about 8 hospitals or so on that list on a global basis, so Bumrungrad can not have impressed them! :)

I fully agree with you, that if I have the time to research doctors I will pick (among the top tier hospitals-that have best facilities) the best doc I can find. Meanwhile if acute/urgent/accident/knocked out - I want to have that hospital card in my wallet, and tell sports mates, friends Etc. where I prefer to go (leaving out too long a trek logistically of course).

Cheers!