Furor Over Famous Comedian Who Urged Thaksin To Come Home

webfact

Ooooooh...I see!

A cartoonist is executing his right of free speech (against the PM), he is cut down and people are outraged...and rightfully so!

A comedian is executing his right of free speech (somehow pro- Thaksin)...and the same outraged people call him a red shirt prostitute...a terd...should stick to his comedy and basically shut up.

In other words: the democracy- friendly TV- crowd, that has no problems with coups, if it only fits their political agenda!

Grrrrrrrreat!

(Noooooooooo, I am not a red-shirt supporter...or xxxxx...so save your breath!)

Edited by metisdead, Today, 11:35 .

Inappropriate language removed.

It seems like they are just executing the same right of free speech you ascribe is due the comedian... but, evidently, not to them.

And they are at least managing to do so without having "inappropriate language removed" from their posts.

I am not denying their right to free speech. I am calling them on their hypocracy!

And you would see that, if you wouldn't have your nose so high up.

By the way: the word that was x'd out was just a stronger word for the word prostitute, so...

Actually the hypocrisy is yours. Personally I don't have any problem with a comedian playing to his audience. But I do have a problem with a comedian posting a message on Facebook that the party (& Yingluck) didn't like and suing him for defamation.

And your 'I am not a red shirt supporter' following a patently red shirt rant is not hypocritical? I believe you - thousands of other might not.whistling.gif

• Like 1

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hay Donnie Brasco you have posted in the wrong place.

This is not the auditions for comedian for the next PT party.

All you others leave Teng Terd he was only doing his job, he had to play to the audience in front of him.

What do you think would have happened to him if he had been critical of Thalsin or Yingluck?

Isn't there some kind of minimum age requirement for this forum ;-?

More power to him. Freedom of speech/expression. He's entitled to his own opinion or to chime whatever party line he likes. Agree or disagree its his right and I fully support his and everyone's right to express themselves.

The right to talk crap doesn't disguise that it is crap.

As a sound bite artist of abysmal range and diction, you're definitely here to illustrate that little pearl of wisdom aren't you, yoshowara.

Any post more than three lines long that attempts to provide prospective and insight is not worth your precious effort it seems.

Obviously you have found your little niche on the pedigree bus.

Might you be the, um, sandwich girl, par hazard ;-?

Would be nice if the grand coward just came back and spent his two or three years in the slammer. Most likely it would be a country club type prison. He is such a tiny man, who is afraid of even his own shadow. Just do the time, and get it over with. Or maybe he enjoys being an exile?

Mike Macarelli

Chaiyaphum, Thailand

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Would be nice if the grand coward just came back and spent his two or three years in the slammer. Most likely it would be a country club type prison. He is such a tiny man, who is afraid of even his own shadow. Just do the time, and get it over with. Or maybe he enjoys being an exile?

Mike Macarelli

Chaiyaphum, Thailand

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Dubai is often quoted as the most luxurious city in the world. Where better for a 'champion of the poor' to live?

My, my.

We've got rich Thai kids posting from farang degree mills in New Zealand others who've returned to their home country to start jobs on the infamous Thai Visa site . . . . . . as career posters no less.

And then, bringing up the rear, desperate for free passage on that pedigree bus, we have the usual passel of bullet-headed farangs (soopowtin' Thoi cowchah vey ahr)

To the first group I offer my simultaneous congratulations at having gotten through that "for export only" masteh deegee and condolences at your failure to acquire even an autistic's semblance of critical thought processes.

Or should it be the other way around.

It has been erudite, astute Thai gentlemen on several occasions who've been kind enough to walk me through the various "sensitive areas" of Thai politics, culture and modern history. I am forever in there debt as I peruse the content and substance of some of these posts.

My conclusion (that local politics and the whole "que sera" of it all) is fraught with explosive complexities.

The one bright light in the entire Thai firmament is that the country has no serious oil deposits.

We're going to get a Globalist onslaught soon enough.

My, my.

We've got rich Thai kids posting from farang degree mills in New Zealand others who've returned to their home country to start jobs on the infamous Thai Visa site . . . . . . as career posters no less.

And then, bringing up the rear, desperate for free passage on that pedigree bus, we have the usual passel of bullet-headed farangs (soopowtin' Thoi cowchah vey ahr)

To the first group I offer my simultaneous congratulations at having gotten through that "for export only" masteh deegee and condolences at your failure to acquire even an autistic's semblance of critical thought processes.

It has been erudite, astute Thai gentlemen on several occasions who've been kind enough to walk me through the various "sensitive areas" of Thai politics, culture and modern history. I am forever in there debt as I peruse the content and substance of some of these posts.

My conclusion (that local politics and the whole "que sera" of it all) is fraught with explosive complexities.

The one bright light in the entire Thai firmament is that the country has no serious oil deposits.

And they're you have it folks !! this is what comes out of your month when your dropped on your head as a baby too many times cheesy.gifcheesy.gif

<p>Apart from rich kids posting from NZ, we also have 'only' Amply Rich kids posting from facebook to tell all their father is misunderstood.

Anyway the topic is another comedian, one called "Teng Terd Terng" (real name Mr. Pongsak Pongsuwan).

Another red prostitute. Pay him enough and he'll come to your birthday also and perform and say whatever you tell him to say.

I take it that you have spoken to "Teng Terd" personally to confirm that?

Maybe it is or is not his own personal views?

It may not be necessary to speak to him, as it seems he did blindly go along with the Red shirt party line and is now regretting it:

"Today, Mr. Pongsak finally spoke out about the war of words in the online community. He said he did not intend to be political; he was merely "trying to please the hosts of the show". He insisted he was not Redshirt, and said he was there just because he was hired to entertain the audience at the birthday party.

"The color I define myself with is the color of Thai national flag. Please don′t pull me or my work into politics. I don′t have mind for politics. I′m done. From now I won′t take jobs from high profile people anymore. I′d rather do comedy shows to temple fairs. No troubles for me there," Mr. Pongsak was quoted as saying."

Ooooooh...I see!

A cartoonist is executing his right of free speech (against the PM), he is cut down and people are outraged...and rightfully so!

A comedian is executing his right of free speech (somehow pro- Thaksin)...and the same outraged people call him a red shirt prostitute...a terd...should stick to his comedy and basically shut up.

In other words: the democracy- friendly TV- crowd, that has no problems with coups, if it only fits their political agenda!

Grrrrrrrreat!

(Noooooooooo, I am not a red-shirt supporter...or xxxxx...so save your breath!)

Edited by metisdead, Today, 11:35 .

Inappropriate language removed.

It seems like they are just executing the same right of free speech you ascribe is due the comedian... but, evidently, not to them.

And they are at least managing to do so without having "inappropriate language removed" from their posts.

I am not denying their right to free speech. I am calling them on their hypocracy!

And you would see that, if you wouldn't have your nose so high up.

By the way: the word that was x'd out was just a stronger word for the word prostitute, so...

Actually the hypocrisy is yours. Personally I don't have any problem with a comedian playing to his audience. But I do have a problem with a comedian posting a message on Facebook that the party (& Yingluck) didn't like and suing him for defamation.

And your 'I am not a red shirt supporter' following a patently red shirt rant is not hypocritical? I believe you - thousands of other might not.whistling.gif

I really couldn't care less,if anyone believes me or not.

It is common on TV: you are not for us, so you are against us.

There is no grey, there is only black and white.

Other posters have a problem with the comedian, if he doesn't say the "right" thing...otherwise they wouldn't call him names.

And where is the "red shirt rant" please?

You are for freedom of speech (that includes all sides and all shades of the spectrum) or you are not.

That is all I said!

The self- proclaimed TV- Champions of freedom want to have their cake and eat it...and that is hypocacy!

Actually in politics and in history, two wrongs are inevitably followed by a third and a fourth and a fifth etc.

BTW, Teng Terd, Pookee, and Op Aw are absolutely brilliant comediens.

If they were able to rock out full-on with cogent satire and wit, it might go a long way to defusing this thing.

What thing is that?

My, my.

Rambling comedian with not very much to say.

And then there is the contribution above.

Rather good opinion column in the other paper this morning from Voranai ( his sympathies very much with old order but too intelligent and self aware not to grasp that all evil/virtue does not repose with any one side) which touched on this case among other things.Wouldn't resonate with some of the fine participants on this thread - too sane !

• Like 1

His comment abt "that guy" coming back, might have been sarcasm on his part. He didn't say come back in what context. Coulda been come back and get ur punishment.

That's what I was thinking. It would have been funny if he had said in front of the red-shirt audience: "(loudly) Please come back home Thaksin... (whispering) to serve your sentence." *da-dum*

We need some really offensive comedians here, they could make a killing (or be killed?).

Edited by hyperdimension

My, my.

And they're you have it folks !! this is what comes out of your month when your dropped on your head as a baby too many times Posted ImagePosted Image

Yeah, Hi there GeckosDiving

Teng Terd, Op Aww, and Ms. Tookee are very special Thai people. National Treasures. A society which has no room for critical commentary and to its traditional narrative is doomed.

I have no great affection for globalist stooges like Taksin

As for your utterly inane comment to my post, I make the following comment.

You have a hard time with criticism so comedy (any man's comedy) will be hard for you to take.

Those big angrit words and insights can be tough sledding for you Junior League sakdina guys.

Comedienne, real social commentators will be just as sharp with Taksin if he gets out of hand.

To be perfectly clear, there's very little difference between a Red toad and a Yellow toad.

Thai politics is truffled with criminal conspirators, egomaniacs and greedy-guts grifters.

I am not a fan of either of Thailand's major political parties.

Comments from "abroad" on Thai Visa, ie from Thai students in New Zealand, Australia and the UK are obvious "Daddy-pleasers" composed by the scions of privileged Thai families. When they aren't scrabbling about the campus in giggling smirking girl-ogling pods

these geniuses spend their time plying their computer game prowess, chatting and posting on line and eating pizza in their dorm room and cheating on exams.

With only their privileged family values for a moral code, is a lonely isolated existence.

Anything but meaningful contact with the rest of the student body is impossible.

I declare this opinion for (but not limited to) the following reasons:

The singularly monomaniacal anti-Thaksin rhetorical cliches of their TV posts.

The diction of these posts: They appear to have been composed from within the restrictions of the list of high frequency English vocabulary necessary to pass English proficiency tests for foreign Unis and not much more.

Any deviation from these IELTS TEFL lists plunges in the direction of standard Internet banter: ie "a major in stereotyping", "dropped on the head" etc, etc ad nauseam.

Any real reading and absorption of the posts they attack is rendered impossible by the wet blanket of xenophobia that's they packed carefully into their gear when they left home.

Their sadly inflexible world view, held desperate belief that their sakdina privileges will be held open for them and they can return to their utterly sheltered lives in Thailand ah soon as their space walk is over.

I am neutral in Thai politics because I am not Thai.

These poor souls are irrelevant in any discussion of geopolitics because they haven't a clue about anything, nor do they know anything other than what they need to pass the test.

God help this country.

My, my.

And they're you have it folks !! this is what comes out of your month when your dropped on your head as a baby too many times cheesy.gifcheesy.gif
To be perfectly clear, there's very little difference between a Red toad and a Yellow toad.
Does that make you an orange toad?

No yoshiwara, it does not make me an orange toad.

In fact, as I am often reminded by both red and yellow toads, I do not even belong to the toad family.

I do have a keen interest in local politics and history, however.

I am keenly aware of most of the players' names and their power bases.

This in turn has helped me gain perspective on the political chicaneries in my own country.

I delve in to this stuff in much the same way some of you guys get into "fough bough".

Local politics and geopolitics are a much rougher sport. Far more interesting, wouldn't you agree?

In fact, as I am often reminded by both red and yellow toads, I do not even belong to the toad family.

This in turn has helped me gain perspective on the political chicaneries in my own country.

I delve in to this stuff in much the same way some of you guys get into "fough bough".

Local politics and geopolitics are a much rougher sport. Far more interesting, wouldn't you agree?

"fough bough"???????????

• Like 1

"fough bough"???????????

Sorry wrong spelling.

Foough baowgh

Fooghy

Just replace yer dental plosives and yer lingual sonarants with yer all-purpose, bangers and mash, glottal plosive; "gh"

and Bob's yer un-coa, know whogh oi maiyn ?