What's Your Favorit Alcoholic Drink?

Om85

What is your favorit?  

61 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

bought a couple of bottles in a shopping mall in Siem Reap, Cambodia. Almost worth the visit just for that. As I can't seem to get hold of sherry, the missus puts a dash into her homemade pate.

I'm one of few who actually likes port-wine, which I might add seems really hard to find as I haven´t found it yet.

Are you in BKK maxme? The French restaurant on top of the Mandarin Oriental has a good selection of wines and ports (or at least they used to). But take your cheque book.

Ah, yes but... I would like to bring a few bottles home so one can enjoy it with a home cooked meal. I´ve been to many so called "wine cellars" but no luck so far.

I have also taken to an occasional late night Amaretto over crushed ice. Very plesant - again, only $6.50 in Siem Reap. Found a cheap one in Friendship in Pattaya for 285 Baht - quaffable....

you didnt have any more problems at the border?wink.png

Separate visits Mr D - and NOT acquired from the jungle market ! wai2.gif

Beer is easy. It's not too complicated and you can usually gauge your level of inebriation by how many you've had. The advertising agencies all over the world have been pretty successful at convincing all males that you are not truly a MAN until you have defined your favorite beer. Beer is always associated with get together's like barbecues and sporting events. So it's not surprising that beer would rank at the top.

Beer is easy. It's not too complicated and you can usually gauge your level of inebriation by how many you've had. The advertising agencies all over the world have been pretty successful at convincing all males that you are not truly a MAN until you have defined your favorite beer. Beer is always associated with get together's like barbecues and sporting events. So it's not surprising that beer would rank at the top.

I rest my case (24 flat). Good one!

re

Cider but not available outside of touristy places and bloody expensive.

have you tried siam sato ?

its 25 baht a bottle at 7 eleven 8 % alcahol , has a kick like a mule and tastes like cider to me

im an archa drinker ! two or three of these every night and i sleep like a baby : )

dave2

post-42592-0-63568100-1370746804_thumb.j

post-42592-0-28682400-1370746836_thumb.j

Me too, but not sure about expensive. Pub nearby (Pong) has Thatchers Katy (7.4%) at THB150/500cc bottle. Last time I was in UK in New Malden local pub had the same on "special" at GBP4.70. I know where I'd rather drink it.....

re

its 25 baht a bottle at 7 eleven 8 % alcahol , has a kick like a mule and tastes like cider to me

im an archa drinker ! two or three of these every night and i sleep like a baby : )

dave2

Archa and Siam sato - you must have had your taste buds surgically removed! biggrin.png

OK - Archa, a matter of taste but Siam sato bah.gif - I have tried it and another drop will never pass my lips. Some of the guys on limited budgets use it - frankly, I would rather go straight to lao khao.

Jarl....or Oakham Citra for me.

On port....40 year old Taylors please.

Or Grahams, with a nice cheese board. thumbsup.gif

I have some Montgomery cheddar and Somerset goats cheese right here. biggrin.png

Edited by smokie36
  • Like 1

Or Grahams, with a nice cheese board. thumbsup.gif

I have some Montgomery cheddar and Somerset goats cheese right here. biggrin.png

sad.png , drat, the memories are flooding back. smile.png

• Like 1

Why did you remind me of that you B-($^&*(%$# and total A$&)&%$#@*((. I won't stop thinking about that for $(*&$# days

Terribly sorry old chap....I hope you enjoy the Ashes...and Lions tour. smile.png

re

dave2

Archa and Siam sato - you must have had your taste buds surgically removed! biggrin.png

OK - Archa, a matter of taste but Siam sato bah.gif - I have tried it and another drop will never pass my lips. Some of the guys on limited budgets use it - frankly, I would rather go straight to lao khao.

Seriously blink.png I find Siam Sato to be a real treat, it tastes so good it's like drinking a soda thumbsup.gif

I stay away from it as one bottle gets me really tipsy and I feel it's the kind of drink that could turn me into a hardcore drinker, too good and too strong sad.png

re

dave2

Archa? Aaargh. You must have a strong stomach! It's even worse then Leo. (when consumed in large quantities)

My preference is Pernod and orange juice , but i will settle for Ricard or Sambucca or Absinthe and i have also discovered Jagermeister lately . Ouzo and lemonade is okay and will make my day if the others are unavailable ..

Even Fishermen's friends in Vodka i have tried - just love aniseed. Shame you can't find the original fishermen's friends in Thailand easily any more.

These are often difficult to get so usually , by availability criteria , it is gin and tonic or,if available , a gin and bitter lemon.

Not really a beer or wine drinker .