Police and Customs raid Turkish-owned Luxury Car Showroom in Central Pattaya

Rimmer

Police and Customs raid Turkish-owned Luxury Car Showroom in Central Pattaya

car-4.jpg
PATTAYA:--Banglamung Police in conjunction with Excise officials conducted a raid on a Turkish-owned Luxury Car Showroom in Central Pattaya on Tuesday Afternoon.
Acting on a search warrant issued by the Pattaya Provincial Court, Police Colonel Supachai led the raid, which was prompted by a Department of Special Investigations (DSI) operation in Bangkok which uncovered many luxury imported cars whose owners had not paid the correct import taxes.

Mr. Targan Yildir aged 44 is the owner of the Auto Exchange Company located on the Sukhumvit Road in Central Pattaya and on Tuesday afternoon, many Police Officers and Tax Officials converged on the location and conducted checks on 25 Luxury Cars situated in the showroom and three others which were under repair in a garage at the rear of the complex.
Full story:http://www.pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/90738/police-customs-raid-turkish-owned-luxury-car-showroom-central-pattaya/

pattaya-one.jpg
-- Pattaya One 2013-06-12

BUT we did get a 'Pointing' Pic Rim .

In a Car Showroom with Cars we have a Cop pointing at .................of all things................... a Car .

Whew !! ............this should be added to the "Crime Crackdown" figures asap

ph34r.png

so and did the find anything? Looks a bit like a non-event to me.

The last two sentences from the Pattaya One story:

Mr. Yildir was only able to provide officials with copies of relevant documents for all the cars as they were all under finance with Thai Banks who were holding the original documents as collateral.

Further checks will be made by Police to confirm the copy documents are in-order. No other issues were uncovered and no arrests were made.

so and did the find anything? Looks a bit like a non-event to me.

Exactly, The PTP/BIB create headlines to detract from real headlines about the PTP/BIB in negative ways. If the "Ruling Family" had it their way, all Freedom Of Speech would be a thing of the past. If you can't say anything, you can't say anything bad. And what they do for the Thai people is so small that there would be little reason to have a newspaper in print.

• Like 1

So this Turkish farang owns more than 49% of the business.

Nice to see that they publically release the farangs name, now how about the names of all the Thais.

The foreigner did it...he forced all the Thais involved to mke money out of him. He deserves to be publicly blamed and shamed, and scapegoated. More profits for the other owners when he is gone. They never learn.

Well, Targan's showroom is the most visible one in town and as nobody is allowed in - except on appointment - the huge glass fronts were access enough to the showroom's contents. I for one never thought anything wrong with the guys as each and every police car passed said venue daily between South and North.

Or am I too ignorant?

I was always curious about how they could keep that amount of money standing around in a showroom. If the cars were all on finance the interest payments would have been considerable.

Another thing that baffled me was why they needed a big glass fronted showroom on Sukh.. Anyone with that kind of money to spend on a car will know where to go, they don't need to spot the showroom as they drive around.

......of the thousands...they found someone to pin it on...this is really perverse justice.....where did he get them from.....'out of thin air'...???

Let the scaping of goats commence.

24th of June ... still plenty of time to take a bite at a few of the more vulnerable while the leaders of the herd casually disappear into the undergrowth.

I don't see how this is news as of yet. If they investigated with all the documents that the banks hold and this Foreigner is found guilty of not paying import tax then sure but until then I see no reason why they should exploit his good name etc.?

so he`s got millions of baht worth of cars and he does`nt own one of them, he,he,

Most car dealers who are good businessmen finance their inventory thru a bank. It's called "floor planning". No floor plan. No inventory. No sales.

Really! The few 2nd hand car dealers I know from the UK would laugh themselves silly at that idea.

Sent from my i-mobile i-STYLE Q6

Nice to see that they publically release the farangs name, now how about the names of all the Thais.

where does it say "he owns more than 49%" of the business? does a Pattaya One journalists diction mean he does by calling him "owner"?

where does it say "he owns more than 49%" of the business? does a Pattaya One journalists diction mean he does by calling him "owner"?

Just assumed as they say a Turkish owned company other wise it would just be a Thai owned company (major stake holders) I believe farangs can't own more than 49% so how do they determine it is a farang business?

Edited by chooka

I wonder how many police and DSI, customs officers, excise officers "descended" on the showroom. Was it really necessary to swarm the business?

It could have been done with 2 officers, but then think about all the others who would have missed out the photo opportunity.
  • Like 1