Where To Buy Outboard Engine In Pattaya?

Anyone know of a good marine good shop in the Pattaya region for buying a small Yamaha or Honda outboard, say 4-6 Hp for my daysailer ? Any idea of the prices? Second hand is acceptable too, I suppose. Rowing 4 ks from my house to the ocean is not so fun, especially the return trip.

Thanks for your time.

Did you want second hand? There are a few websites selling second hand stuff that you might check out, thaisecondhand.com has alot of marine listings, but it is all in Thai so, if you can't read, ask someone for a bit of help.

Also, I think one of the Pattaya papers has a classifieds section as well, also bahtandsold offers online classifieds.

I would think finding a low hp motor shouldn't be that hard, my neighbor bought a new one in bangkok (3.5hp) a few years ago and uses it to go fishing in his little one man boat.

Four shops in Pattaya!

1) Yamaha outboards: Wachara shop, if you drive towards Sukhumvit on Central Pattaya Rd, you take the shortcut to the left (to Sukhumvit) 30 meters before the traffic lights. You'll see the Yamaha shop on your left, sells motorbikes, jet-ski's and outboards. Also the place to get all original Yamaha spare parts for your outboard. In my opinion your safest bet, since pretty much all Pattaya speedboats run Yamaha's, never been there and had to order a part, always in stock...

2) Honda outboards: Not sure of the name of the shop, but on Sukhumvit between Theprasit Rd and South Pattaya Rd when driving towards BKK. Very fuel efficient and envrionmentaly friendly (4 stroke) but <deleted>' expensive!!!

3) Suzuki : opposite Foodland on Central road (between Wattana computershop and Sukhumvit). General hardware shop, but is also the official dealer for Suzuki outboards in PTY.

4)The shop on the corner of Sukhumvit and the soi running into Naklua (forgot the name, opposite the big school). They stock pretty much all accesories needed on boats, including outboards. Just saw some unknown Chinese sounding branded outboards there...

I'd reckon around 30 to 40 thousand for a 5hp engine (2 stroke, much more for the 4 stroke versions)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...
Four shops in Pattaya!

1) Yamaha outboards: Wachara shop, if you drive towards Sukhumvit on Central Pattaya Rd, you take the shortcut to the left (to Sukhumvit) 30 meters before the traffic lights. You'll see the Yamaha shop on your left, sells motorbikes, jet-ski's and outboards. Also the place to get all original Yamaha spare parts for your outboard. In my opinion your safest bet, since pretty much all Pattaya speedboats run Yamaha's, never been there and had to order a part, always in stock...

2) Honda outboards: Not sure of the name of the shop, but on Sukhumvit between Theprasit Rd and South Pattaya Rd when driving towards BKK. Very fuel efficient and envrionmentaly friendly (4 stroke) but <deleted>' expensive!!!

3) Suzuki : opposite Foodland on Central road (between Wattana computershop and Sukhumvit). General hardware shop, but is also the official dealer for Suzuki outboards in PTY.

4)The shop on the corner of Sukhumvit and the soi running into Naklua (forgot the name, opposite the big school). They stock pretty much all accesories needed on boats, including outboards. Just saw some unknown Chinese sounding branded outboards there...

I'd reckon around 30 to 40 thousand for a 5hp engine (2 stroke, much more for the 4 stroke versions)

I'm headed down there tomorrow morning to check out these four shops.

• 8 months later...

hi monty

hope you're still around, it's a while since the message i'm replying to (below)..

do you, by any chance, know the phone number of the yamaha shop in pattaya? need them urgently to send some parts down for us here in the south..

would be fantastic if u could help us out :o

cheers

j

Four shops in Pattaya!