Torx star t-47 help me locate one?

yankee99

Seeing they are rusting....and you don't want to re-use them. Just back em out with an Ezy-Out and order S/S replacements in Hex or Star.

attachicon.gifNissan calipers.jpg

Already got them out. That is only surface rust so no issue there. btw i would never use stainless as it is much weaker then a graded bolt

Seeing they are rusting....and you don't want to re-use them. Just back em out with an Ezy-Out and order S/S replacements in Hex or Star.

Already got them out. That is only surface rust so no issue there. btw i would never use stainless as it is much weaker then a graded bolt

I think you will find Grade 8.8 S/S if you go to the right place....maybe not 12.9, but I don't know what grade they are and you don't want S/S anyway! smile.png

I think you will find Grade 8.8 S/S if you go to the right place....maybe not 12.9, but I don't know what grade they are and you don't want S/S anyway! :)

I think you are incorrect have always been told that you can not get ss hardend/ graded bolts. I assume the quote below is correct as this is what i have tought.

http://www.boltdepot.com/fastener-information/materials-and-grades/materials.aspx

" Stainless Steel

Stainless steel is an alloy of low carbon steel and chromium for enhanced corrosion characteristics. Stainless steel is highly corrosion resistant for the price and because the anti-corrosive properties are inherent to the metal, it will not lose this resistance if scratched during installation or use.

It is a common misconception that stainless steel is stronger than regular steel. In fact, due to the low carbon content, stainless steel cannot be hardened. Therefore when compared with regular steel it is slightly stronger than an un-hardened (grade 2) steel fastener but significantly weaker than hardened steel fasteners.

Stainless steel is also much less magnetic than regular steel fasteners though some grades will be slightly magnetic."

Except that lots of graded hardware is counterfeit.....

Except that lots of graded hardware is counterfeit.....

Yes DeNiro, there are a lot of dodgy pricks in the world that will try and scam you, but there is an American company (ARP) that has been around for many years that supply S/S bolts. They have a good reputation amongst bikers, hot rodders and racers. Buy S/S bolts from anyone else and I would want to see the test certificate from a reputable test lab.

But Yankee99 doesn't want S/S bolts....so there is no problem.

Edited by BSJ