I bumped in to this tonight amazing thailand

yankee99

was it for sale?

I am po folk. Knowing it was out of my price range i didnt ask. I assume evrything is for sale at the right price. The market is friday nights in chonburi. It may be there every friday for all i know.

Hey Yank.. was this the market on Sukumvit or near the ocean in Chonburi??? thanks in advance......... (just moved to Jomtien, I miss Chonburi lived behind Macro for 6yrs.)

Its a few kilometers off sukhumvit torwards the ocean. The one with tools and auto crap.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

was it for sale?

I am po folk. Knowing it was out of my price range i didnt ask. I assume evrything is for sale at the right price. The market is friday nights in chonburi. It may be there every friday for all i know.

Hey Yank.. was this the market on Sukumvit or near the ocean in Chonburi??? thanks in advance......... (just moved to Jomtien, I miss Chonburi lived behind Macro for 6yrs.)

Its a few kilometers off sukhumvit torwards the ocean. The one with tools and auto crap.

Tis a good market for not just tools but engineering items as well, milling cutters, broaches, good size files, power tools.

This is an 1946 INDIAN CHIEF[/size]

very nice looking piece[/size]

Here's another one for 25K

http://inventory.dezercollection.com/1946-indian-chief-custom--c-554.htm

This one is 31K through Barrett-Jackson (and their prices are always on the high side):

Alas it is not a 46 unless it has 1944 or earlier forks.take a look at the op. they stopped manufacturing that fork in 44. after 45 it has the forks shown in your pic. it is a chief, but pre 45

was it for sale?

Tis a good market for not just tools but engineering items as well, milling cutters, broaches, good size files, power tools.

Sometimes i wonder if i am missing sections of the market. I have only been twice and not very impressed with selection or pricing. One example a t45 torx socket used asking price 280baht i mean really? Also was looking for a electric wood miter saw. Didnt see one in the market. Priced a couple of air compressors and they were more then global which i went to first.

I had a Black Shadow long, long time ago, an awesome bike and great to ride.

Vincent "Black Shadow" ... Ahhh, big sigh clap2.gif

I have worked on Brough Superior stuff with that beautiful JAP engine. thumbsup.gif

Whoa! You've been around the block mate wai2.gif

I had a Black Shadow long, long time ago, an awesome bike and great to ride.

I have worked on Brough Superior stuff with that beautiful JAP engine. thumbsup.gif

My chum restores them for some very famous folk, I provided welding and thought input. May I add, bikes from British Motorcycle Museum, and a land speed record holder from way back. whistling.gif

• Like 1

My chum restores them for some very famous folk, I provided welding and thought input. May I add, bikes from British Motorcycle Museum, and a land speed record holder from way back. whistling.gif

Well then, there's a decent upbringing wai2.gifwai2.gif

• Like 1

Is this the correct location of the market (Google Maps link)?

Yes, but be warned a lot of the sellers are in little lanes between the green arrow and the church. I think of it as an above ground rabbit warren! And sometimes the sellers you see this week won't be there next week. But along the little tracks they are the usual bunch of pirates, I mean sellers. But to be fair their prices aren't too bad...sometimes. I take the missus to Rong Kluea Market every now and then and the tool sellers there are genuine pirates. Haven't bought a damn thing out there!

If your going after dark it pays to take a flashlight to visually inspect the item you maybe purchasing.

Older bikes like this are collector items and can fetch a handsome price. Now mind you, restoring and riding them is a far cry from restoring and just looking at them. They weren't that good a bike by today's standards. Back in the day I had a 1948 Harley Flathead 80. Most cantankerous piece of machinery I have ever owned, while beating you to death on long rides due to it being a hard tail. Kept it a couple years and swapped it with a buddy for a Panhead.