RINO Bikes - would we ever see them in Thailand?

David48

My first thought was Why do people move to Thailand and then want everything made overseas instead of here? If you want all your toys from overseas then stay there!

OK rant over.

Seriously no. I could see someone importing them to sell for exorbitant money like MINI and Harley, but in reality I can't see hi-so well healed people riding them in down-town Bangkok in the sun. Maybe in the moobahn for a laugh, but then who would see them?

Edited by VocalNeal
  • Like 1

Just for my street cred ... I own an older GSX750 back home.

Just saw that when I was searching for something else, thought it was a hoot ... crazy as.

Just thought you guys would also get a smile from it.

Just, I still reckon it's amazing technology ... and I love that fat tyre.

After watching the video, it appears to function similarly to a one-wheeled Segway. Since it doesn't have the lateral stability of a two-wheeled Segway, it probably has a multi-axis gyro system to give it the lateral stability that keeps it from falling to the side. Due to its relatively small, compact size, I would think the range on it would be fairly short due to limitations on battery size. I did think it was interesting towards the last riding into a building as the doorman holds the door open for him. Considering they won't let skateboards or things of that nature into most buildings, I really doubt that they would allow him to ride it into the building.

All that said, it is a cute toy and I wouldn't mind trying it out just to see how it feels.

David

My first thought was Why do people move to Thailand and then want everything made overseas instead of here? If you want all your toys from overseas then stay there!

OK rant over.

Probably because what is manufactired in Thailand wasn't of much importance to those moving here. Not rocket science.