The Naked Thai Truth.

i always appreciate poetry as its a sign that someone is thinking.

however the arabs bit baffles me as to how it relates to the rest of the poem

Poetry is always what you see not what is intended, however the Arab point is the list goes on the Arabs like the Russians are the new players.

I respect anyone who composes poetry, I really do, but out of interest, what does 'Drunk by the Germans' mean?

The Thai Navy’s desire to have a submarine fleet has existed for as long as the doubts surrounding the submarines’ real-life strategic utilization. Over the course of 2011, it appeared that they came one step closer to realization when the Thai government was reportedly ready to earmark $681 million dollars for a submarine fleet and was ready to buy decommissioned submarines from the Germans. The number of the soon-to-be purchased subs varied somewhere between two and the maximum of six.

With the change of government in August last year the plan was in jeopardy – even a small glimmer of hope was shattered thanks to a mix-up by prime minister Yingluck. Nevertheless, the Navy was still gunning for a purchase and still in late February, defense minister Air Chief Marshall Sukampon Suwannatat threw his support behind the project.

However, today…

Navy chief Admiral Surasak Runroengrom conceded yesterday the Navy would no longer push for the purchase of four used submarines with a Bt7.6 billion [$250m] price tag from Germany.

“The deadline for purchase passed on February 29, and the Navy will not seek to keep the buying option,” he said.

Surasak said the Navy had done its best but failed to push through plans for the deployment of the submarines.

Following a series of reviews, Defence Minister Sukampol Suwannathat reportedly finalised his decision to scuttle the project. He has yet to instruct the Navy on whether to come up with a spending plan for new submarines.

Navy torpedoes Bt7.6-billion submarine project“, The Nation, March 14,

As my previous posting nothing is what it seems in my poetry. Drunk means sunk

"Pure drivel", one member called the opening post of this topic, and I find it difficult to disagree with that assessment. The only place I can see for this topic, other than deleting it, is the forum "Farang Pub - fun, entertainment and Expat life", which is where I am going to move it now from "General topics"

• Like 1

Thais live in a world of their own choosing

Devoid of values

Devoid of values?

I assume this "work" is some sort of nonsensical, alcohol driven sequence of random words. Brings to mind the chimpanzee-probability "theory":

"Given enough time, a hypothetical chimpanzee typing at random would ..."

post-145917-0-83633300-1372342886_thumb.

Well isn't that sweet. Here is a contrarian poem which I penned (using my word processor). It CAN be sung to the melody of the Thai National Anthem.

I do not speak Thai and am not a lyricist (obviously). But the lyrics come as close as I can get to the meaning of the Thai words.

____English lyrics to fit the melody of the Thai National Anthem_______
Thai-LAND unites the flesh and blood of all the Thais,
The land of Thailand belongs to all the Thais,
Their sovereign-TY has always long endured,
For the Thais seek l-o-v-e and also unity,
Thais love peace you know, but to war they'll go,
No tyrant can their freedoms take away,
The Thais will give up every drop of blood,
Long last the nation's pride and victor-Y hooray.
------Lyrics by MoraDave, USA, May 2013------

Hmm, Pavlov, name rings a bell. . .

Yes. Pavel Chekov, ensign n the original Starship Enterprise.

He was quite the dog in search of a bone. wai.gif

I take it your reference to "quite the dog" was refering to "Ivan Pavlov" ,most famous for his Salivating Dogs Experiment,proving that signals such as bells ringing and pre ordained feeding times,will result in dogs salivating in expectation,even though no food is anywhere near them. I don't think Spock would have allowed any dogs on the Enterprise though smile.png