PM won't meddle in military affairs

Lite Beer

PM won't meddle in military affairs

BANGKOK, 1 July 2013 (NNT) – Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra has said she will not meddle in the military affairs, while affirming that there is no conflict between her and Pol Capt Chalerm Yubamrung.

According to Prime minister Yingluck Shinawatra, who has just becmme the first woman to take the helm of the Ministry of Defense, she will not meddle in any of the the military affairs. She said the reason why she wanted to supervise the Defense Ministry was that she wanted to work more closely with the military and to better understand the military process.

As for the axing of Commerce Minister Boonsong Teriyapirom, MissYingluck said the adjustment was made based on suitability and appropriateness; praising Mr Boongsong for his role in creating jobs and income for farmers.

When asked about the transfer of Pol Capt Chalerm Yubamrung to the Ministry of Labor, the Premier brushed aside rumors that she had problems with him, adding that she considered all ministries equally important, and that Pol Capt Chalerm could help the Labor Ministry in terms of laws and regulations.

nntlogo.jpg
-- NNT 2013-07-01 footer_n.gif

So what's the point of being a defence minister if she's not going ti meddle with the militry. Hang on....the militry has a big budget, is she trying to get a piece of the cake from them?>_>

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1

So what's the point of being a defence minister if she's not going ti meddle with the militry. Hang on....the militry has a big budget, is she trying to get a piece of the cake from them?>_>

Bigger clothing allowance ?

"Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra has said she will not meddle in the military affairs, while affirming that there is no conflict between her and Pol Capt Chalerm Yubamrung."

PM Yingluck is practising transparency.

What she didn't say was "my brother has given me the new promotion list already" and "former Pol. Captain Chalerm knows who's the boss".

• Like 1

"Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra has said she will not meddle in the military affairs, while affirming that there is no conflict between her and Pol Capt Chalerm Yubamrung."

PM Yingluck is practising transparency.

What she didn't say was "my brother has given me the new promotion list already" and "former Pol. Captain Chalerm knows who's the boss".

She is also practising white lies.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Edited by Skywalker69
  • Like 1

This gets better every day... she puts herself in charge of the Ministry of Defence and then states she won't meddle. Then she adds that the only reason she's doing it is so she can find out what they do.

Some might praise her enthusiasm to "get involved" but couldn't she have got some lackey to report to her and sit under a real Defence Minister? She's the PM for goodness sake. Or maybe get someone close with some military understanding to run the ministry?

It all stinks. The only reasons I can think of this "appointment" are either to have a say in spending or to exercise some sort of "control". Like saying which unspecified VIPs get to use the new unspecified VIP Boeing.

A wise move by KY not to interfere in military matters considering what happened when her brother tried that.

I can see them gelling

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I suspect she'll find it just as corrupt as other ministries she's familiar with, so should feel right at home, maybe even learn a few new tricks, just as long as she's not tempted to try to influence the promotions, that might be terminally fatal to 'her' government . wink.png

Yes for a very good reason.

Bigger clothing allowance ?

Bingo

Defence Procurement - big bucks and an industry known for its record of kickbacks, slush funds and looking after the politicians.

All those nice shopping buying trips in the shiny new Airforce plane.

Of course everything will be transparent and corruption free.

• Like 1

A wise move by KY not to interfere in military matters considering what happened when her brother tried that.

Do you think she will be able to resist getting involved with the annual re-shuffle, as directed from Dubai of course ?

I'm sure they would love to have " their people " in position. Remember how Mr. T promoted a relative up 17 places in the seniority list and had him ready to become Supreme Commander and he did the same with another relative in the police.

So she is not going to meddle, as in be involved in the running of.

So what is the job of a minister of any department but to be involved, like to add a political perspective to the running of the thing, supposedly for the good of the country.

Yes I know we have revolving ministers in this Govt who only stay the best and most qualified for the job for a short time, but in a normal Govt.

In this case it looks like she will only be able to parade around in her uniform some more and maybe get some more colored ribbons and attend overseas meetings.

But under no circumstances have any input to the running of the military.

Do you think she will be able to resist getting involved with the annual re-shuffle, as directed from Dubai of course ?

I'm sure they would love to have " their people " in position. Remember how Mr. T promoted a relative up 17 places in the seniority list and had him ready to become Supreme Commander and he did the same with another relative in the police.

Can't see her not getting involved with the re-shuffle etc. it's just too tempting.

She is not just "the first woman to take the helm of the Ministry of Defense", she also is the first Minister of Defense who will not meddle in military affairs.

Wow, what an accomplishment !