webfact

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Can I just repeat what I have been saying for months:

All the time the US is getting its knickers in a twist over Snowden, the enemies of the US are rubbing their hands and laughing.

Shoot me down in flames if this article is not suggesting something along the same lines.

Thank you very much.

--Oh, and the weather in Russia is quite different from Hawaii as well.

Actually not so. depends on where you are in Russia or Hawaii. Both places offer a wide range of very different climate zones and some of them they have in common.

Asylum in Russia.

Not so nice.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/world/europe/us-asylum-seekers-unhappy-in-russia/2013/07/18/ced32748-eee8-11e2-bed3-b9b6fe264871_story_1.html

Savodnik predicts that if he stays, hell be hustled out of Moscow, sent to an out-of-the-way city and given an apartment in a khrushchevka one of the now-crumbling five-story buildings hurriedly put up during the era of Premier Nikita Khrushchev more than half a century ago.

From the Kremlins point of view, Snowden has already served his purpose, Savodnik said. He embarrassed the White House. If he had any data to share, they would have obtained it by now. At this point, if youre [President] Vladimir Putin, you want Snowden to disappear.

No doubt he would be given work, but the Russians wouldnt trust him near anything sensitive, Savodnik said. The young man who might have thought he was changing the world can now expect to be a welder, or a janitor.

what a laughable article.

Do Americans think that Russia today is just the same as they were told by the cold war propaganda how it is/was in the Soviet Union in 1960?

There will be plenty of job opportunities for a guy like Snowden and not just welder or janitor.

If everything fails he could still work as English teacher or in SEO.

I think you'll find the range slightly less in Hawaii, Antfish.

50 mph winds from Siberia can feel remarkably cold.

They do in Beijing, for sure.

Let me know where the equivalent of a tropical paradise is in Russia. I could do a great job for the Russian tourist business.

Do Americans think that Russia today is just the same as they were told by the cold war propaganda how it is/was in the Soviet Union in 1960?

There will be plenty of job opportunities for a guy like Snowden and not just welder or janitor.

Why would they treat him well? If they welcome him, it's to spank the USA, not because they like him.

Edited by Jingthing

Asylum in Russia.

Not so nice.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/world/europe/us-asylum-seekers-unhappy-in-russia/2013/07/18/ced32748-eee8-11e2-bed3-b9b6fe264871_story_1.html

Savodnik predicts that if he stays, hell be hustled out of Moscow, sent to an out-of-the-way city and given an apartment in a khrushchevka one of the now-crumbling five-story buildings hurriedly put up during the era of Premier Nikita Khrushchev more than half a century ago.

From the Kremlins point of view, Snowden has already served his purpose, Savodnik said. He embarrassed the White House. If he had any data to share, they would have obtained it by now. At this point, if youre [President] Vladimir Putin, you want Snowden to disappear.

No doubt he would be given work, but the Russians wouldnt trust him near anything sensitive, Savodnik said. The young man who might have thought he was changing the world can now expect to be a welder, or a janitor.

Assuming that Russia has much experience with asylum, does the law allow him to work?

If he doesn't read, write or speak Russian, there are going to be a lot of jobs closed to him. I would guess that teaching English wouldn't pay very well, at least you don't hear about it being a destination for English teachers.

and all the time we are arguing amongst ourselves about the desirability of the climate and the job opportunities for Mr Snowden in Russia let us not forget that his motives were far more important.

Human rights.

Thank you very much.

• Like 1

Assuming that Russia has much experience with asylum, does the law allow him to work?

If he doesn't read, write or speak Russian, there are going to be a lot of jobs closed to him. I would guess that teaching English wouldn't pay very well, at least you don't hear about it being a destination for English teachers.

He's a young man. Of course he would work. But he would be controlled. I doubt he wants to work as an active spy for Russia, so that leaves janitorial work ...

BTW, he has no college degree.

Edited by Jingthing

Asylum in Russia.

Not so nice.

Americans with any clue about Russia do as do Russians. A lot of the article was very realistic based on what I have seen inside Russia, hear from Russians and from Rrussian wife. You don't understand Putin.

Asylum in Russia.

Not so nice.

Americans with any clue about Russia do as do Russians. A lot of the article was very realistic based on what I have seen inside Russia, hear from Russians and from Rrussian wife. You don't understand Putin.

Are you referring to the article that You posted....or the article that Jingthing posted that antfish found laughable?

Can I just repeat what I have been saying for months:

All the time the US is getting its knickers in a twist over Snowden, the enemies of the US are rubbing their hands and laughing.

Shoot me down in flames if this article is not suggesting something along the same lines.

Thank you very much.

Just for clarification. When I refer to 'this article', it is the one posted by F430. Not the one posted by Jingting.

Asylum in Russia.

Not so nice.

Okay, your POV is an American one. and you think that is an realistic description. i am not surprised about that.

What makes you think that i don't understand Putin? You do? Do you speak Russian? I do.

Are you referring to the article that You posted....or the article that Jingthing posted that antfish found laughable?

Sorry, I missed that. My bad.

Edited by F430murci

Okay, your POV is an American one. and you think that is an realistic description. i am not surprised about that.

What makes you think that i don't understand Putin? You do? Do you speak Russian? I do.

Hey, man. Sorry. I was thinking of article that I posted so there may have been miscommunication.

I speak enough to get by. My 21 month old speaks Russian and came back two days ago speaking more Russian than English. Poor thing is totally confused after hearing nothing but Russian for last 45 days.

Yeah, I have a decent understanding of Putin. I called everything so far since first day he arrived to Moscow. Look back, I even said he was still there when everyone, including media, said he was on plane to Cuba.

My wife is well tied as she works as investment banker for Bank of America in Global Corporate Investment Banking working almost exclusive with Russian clients. Her clients definitely know macro or political issues impacting money and it her job to stay one step ahead of macro political issues in Russia for BofA.

Edited by F430murci
  • Like 1

--Oh, and the weather in Russia is quite different from Hawaii as well.

Actually not so. depends on where you are in Russia or Hawaii. Both places offer a wide range of very different climate zones and some of them they have in common.

If we cant come to an agreement on Scott's simple statement, blink.png

I predict agreements are going to be tough to find.

• Like 1

More and more Russian women are offering Mr Snowden marriage and accomodation (even Anna Champan did), Russian men are offering financial aid. However he's still brushing teeth at Sheremetyevo airport toilets

More and more Russian women are offering Mr Snowden marriage and accomodation (even Anna Champan did), Russian men are offering financial aid. However he's still brushing teeth at Sheremetyevo airport toilets

Those winters are not sounding so cold after all.

Man it was hard to see this coming!blink.png

It's Now Clear That Russian Intelligence Speaks For Edward Snowden

http://www.businessinsider.com/russian-intelligence-speaks-for-edward-snowden-2013-7

Still playing point/counterpoint. Saying "please dont" means "we can and could"whistling.gif

Edited by jamhar
  • Like 1

Good articles.

This one is interesting.

The Intel In Snowden's Head Could Be More Damaging Than The Material He Leaked

"I saw about 20 Russian officials, supposedly FSB agents in suits, crowding around somebody in a restricted area of the airport," Bychkova said. "The Kremlin pretends they have nothing to do with him being stuck in Moscow, but in reality they're all over him."

After Snowden, along with his FSB-linked lawyer Anatoly Kucherena, formally accepted all offers of support or asylum on July 12, former senior U.S. intelligence analyst Joshua Foust, wrote that the "involvement of known FSB operatives at his [snowden's] asylum acceptance ... suggests this was a textbook [Russian] intelligence operation, and not a brave plea for asylum from political persecution."

http://www.sfgate.com/technology/businessinsider/article/The-Intel-In-Snowden-s-Head-Could-Be-More-4680263.php

Some suggested I was clueless about Russia for suggesting the above 3 + weeks ago.

• Like 1

This is why Snowden will never be given any freedom of movement or any decent employment (besides Putin perhaps having a huge dislike for people such as Snowden regardless which side they are on):

According to Caruso, Snowden knows how to "red team" humans meaning that he can fool the "same people who are charged with keeping the next him from happening."

http://www.sfgate.com/technology/businessinsider/article/The-Intel-In-Snowden-s-Head-Could-Be-More-4680263.php

• Like 1