webfact

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Snowden is a manipulative coward.

The rest of the world sees Snowden a hero, The US, a criminal. One country and you out of touch?ermm.gif

Actually, Russians generally view him as a spy and Putin views him as a problem, neither of which are flattering or particularly positive. Acoording to wife who was Novirisibik until late last week, Russians outside of Moscow did not even know the name "Snowden," but knew him only as spy that was at the airport.

I say good luck to him as this is only the beginning for him and it will be a very difficult journey now that he can officially leave somewhere he has not really been.

I doubt China views him in a positive light, but I imagine the appreciate his contributions. I suppose the rest of the world will believe hero if the media tells them he is a hero or spy or traitor if media says same.

I dislike the man greatly as I dislike the repressive government of Russia. They belong together. May he never leave.

Do you say that because you are an Obama supporter ? Because obviously Republicans like Rep. Justin Amash and Sen. Land Paul, don't agree with your condemnation of Snowden because they are threatening to bring a class-action lawsuit against the NSA.

Edited by midas
  • Like 1

I dislike the man greatly as I dislike the repressive government of Russia. They belong together. May he never leave.

Do you say that because you are an Obama supporter ? Because obviously Republicans like Rep. Justin Amash and Sen. Land Paul, don't agree with your condemnation of Snowden because they are threatening to bring a class-action lawsuit against the NSA.

So the republicans dont like the NSA

and likes Russia?

My god, dont tell the Bush's that!blink.png

• Like 1

Kutscherena, Snowden's lawyer is one who has access to Ed.

The American Embassy wants a meeting with him. Even though there was and is no request for Snowden to send him back to the USA, - they try something different? hmm...

"Edward Snowden will be soon free to move within Russia wherever he wants. Temporary certificates have been issued already. The main procedure takes 2 month for the full grant of the asylum."

Kutscherena also said that Ed is chatting a lot with his friends online and that he's a bit distraught and has not many clothes to change. - "He doesn't know what to do, because he feels that there are too many uncertainties in his situation" - are the impressions from is lawyer".

In meanwhile there's the translation with the interview http://www.spiegel.de/international/world/interview-with-edward-snowden-lawyer-anatoly-kucherena-a-912884.html

Edited by wealth

The majority of Americans now are anti-Snowden and want him charged with crimes:thumbsup.gif

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/post-politics/wp/2013/07/24/americans-turn-against-edward-snowden/

A new Washington Post-ABC News poll shows that a majority of Americans — 53 percent — now say the Snowden should be charged with a crime for his leaks. That’s up from 43 percent less than a month ago.

In related news, Iran has invited Snowden to visit and share information ... facepalm.gif

Edited by Jingthing

Snowden would mostly be granted asylum in Russia is my guess,

where the coldest temperature on record is -71.2 C (-97.96 ) F. in Oymyakon

52 F is the coldest in Honolulu on 2-16-02 and the temp. on Mauna Kea was -11 F, Elevation 13,770 ft on 5-17-1979.

Cheers:tongue.png

Edited by kikoman
  • Like 1

Can Snowden afford to live in Russia?

Number 2. Moscow

20130724_city2.jpg

Monthly rent (luxury apt.): $4,600
International newspaper: $9.95
Cup of coffee: $8.29
Gas (per liter): $1.04

Rental apartments in Moscow can make Manhattan's prices look cheap, with unfurnished luxury two-bedrooms averaging $4,600 a month. And the imported goods and services that expats commonly want also command a premium. A gallon of milk costs an average of $7.59. Even a cup of coffee -- averaging more than $8 -- doesn't come cheap.

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2013-07-24/guess-worlds-most-expensive-city

Can Snowden afford to live in Russia?

Number 2. Moscow

20130724_city2.jpg

Monthly rent (luxury apt.): $4,600
International newspaper: $9.95
Cup of coffee: $8.29
Gas (per liter): $1.04

Rental apartments in Moscow can make Manhattan's prices look cheap, with unfurnished luxury two-bedrooms averaging $4,600 a month. And the imported goods and services that expats commonly want also command a premium. A gallon of milk costs an average of $7.59. Even a cup of coffee -- averaging more than $8 -- doesn't come cheap.

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2013-07-24/guess-worlds-most-expensive-city

Farther up the thread is mention of many Russian women contacting him. Maybe he won't have it so rough. tongue.png

• Like 1

In Moscow you can find decent apartment for about USD 1000-1500 fully furnished. Real life costs are comparable to Bangkok. It's really cold in January-February, minus 20oC but only for a couple of weeks but the rest of winter is +5 -5 degrees. The biggest problem is really bad traffic.

In Moscow you can find decent apartment for about USD 1000-1500 fully furnished. Real life costs are comparable to Bangkok. It's really cold in January-February, minus 20oC but only for a couple of weeks but the rest of winter is +5 -5 degrees. The biggest problem is really bad traffic.

when I stayed there in 1998 it was $4000 a month for a one bed apartment. better to use the Metro with its magnificent railway stations

when I stayed there in 1998 it was $4000 a month for a one bed apartment. better to use the Metro with its magnificent railway stations

Well, you can find an apartment for USD 40K as well in Moscow. I'm saying "decent' apartment for a thousand bucks per month, like 99% Moscovites live. Presume Snowden is going to become a new Russian, sure he will find himself a place to stay or probably some nice Russian lady would share one with him.

I think he is a hero and Russia is a cool place. just think of all the culture they have there.

Who hired Kucherena?

Kucherena is a supporter of President Vladimir V. Putin who reportedly sits on the public council of the Federal Security Service, the successor to the K.G.B. Kucherena founded the Institue of Democracy and Cooperation which has been classified as a pro-Kremlin think tank designed as an image building tooll for the Kremlin.

RE: who came up with the 21 country asylum request story? Assagne?

Kucherena: He claimed he had requested asylum in 21 countries. I then explained to him that wasn't legally possible. He can only file an asylum application in the place where he is currently located. Anything else is virtual.

Sounds like Russia may have helped shoot those down.

RE: Whether Russian intelligence controlling Snowden?

Question: Hasn't Snowden long since been taken under the wing of Russian intelligence? Someone must have helped him find you and make other contacts.

Kucherena: If he had wanted to speak with the agents, he would have contacted them directly. I assume that Wikileaks helped him with the invitation list for the meeting.

No denial there and Russia's position is apparently that Snowden requested meeting with Russian intelligence.

Who hired Kucherena?

Kucherena is a supporter of President Vladimir V. Putin who reportedly sits on the public council of the Federal Security Service, the successor to the K.G.B. Kucherena founded the Institue of Democracy and Cooperation which has been classified as a pro-Kremlin think tank designed as an image building tooll for the Kremlin.

Kucherena: He claimed he had requested asylum in 21 countries. I then explained to him that wasn't legally possible. He can only file an asylum application in the place where he is currently located. Anything else is virtual.

source?

in the interview published here http://www.spiegel.de/international/world/interview-with-edward-snowden-lawyer-anatoly-kucherena-a-912884.html

Kucherena gives the same answer, but to a different question.

Who hired Kucherena?

source?

in the interview published here http://www.spiegel.de/international/world/interview-with-edward-snowden-lawyer-anatoly-kucherena-a-912884.html

Kucherena gives the same answer, but to a different question.

Several sources.

The questions were mine except where it says question.

The point is to use some common sense, logic and read between the lines. You are not exactly going to get full story from anyone and if you believe everything Kucherena says is not censored or carefully stated . . . Kucherena is not going to so anything to put Kremlin in a bad including issues of self preservation.

• Like 1