Chulalongkorn Fine and Applied Arts Faculty dean apologizes for Hitler graduation mural

webfact

John Lennon wanted to include an image of Hitler on their Sergent Peppers LP. All of the Beatles goosestepped on stage during their time in Hamburg. I think people got it. They knew it wasn't racist. I think many posters here are being angry-of-Tunbridge-Wells and really don't get it either.

I still have memories for Fat Hermann sending his lads over for 89 consecutive nights to bomb the life out of us. I still recall sitting in an underground air raid shelter with my school books on my lap. I still remember my mother crying because there was nothing in the larder to feed us kids. I remember empty shops and long queues when there were supplies. If you had such memories you may not be so crass and dismissive.There may well be those who suffered under German occupation who come to this board. It is shameful that you didn't take their take on events before posting. Even German folk accept that not only did the Allies free the occupied countries from the grip of a madman, but it freed them too.

You remember all that, but do you remember the millions in Asia who died, what the war was about?

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic