Acer Thailand

srisatch

Here’s quite something!

I had a powerful Acer Aspire Laptop..bought in the UK last September.

Last month the power jack decided to fault.

Computer sent to Acer dealer in Phitsanulok.

After 10 days we ask..where is the computer? Can you mend it or not?

Evenually turns out computer, along with 10 other laptops—who cares about them…?..what about what was stored on my computer?---backed up on a Flash memory, fortunately. were stolen!!??

Police reports, much wringing of hands,,

BUT

Acer Thailand in BKK

Produced a new Laptop up to spec in 48 hours

Now that is pretty good, na?!

Hi,

I had about the same story with my Toshiba Laptop(Toshiba Thailand)...but it wasn't 10 days that i waited...no it was 8 month . Than they (toshiba Thailand) gave me a new one ...which has now problems too.

I have a Acer as secondary Laptop and never had any real issues but then again i never had it to be fixed. Couple of years back i had and IBM and the Service there was actually very good....if my current Laptops giving up ...i'll probably go for an IBM .

rcm :o

acer used to build the most cheapo, lousy cheap plastic material stuff with systems that you cannot depend on. this must have been 8 to 10 years back.

seems like a lot of positive reviews on it now and prices are good for what you get. a lot to do with excellent service on the side as well. for what its worth, i think acer is capturing the market back. so is HP with their value for money systems.

I bought an Acer Travelmate 4150 last September and I had a problem with the hard drive as sometimes it wouldn't boot up.

I took it back to the shop I bought it from in Panthip Plaza and they confirmed the problem. They sent it and me downstairs to the Acer repair shop who replaced the hard drive in about 4 hours and I have had no problems with it since then, other than the usual computer problem of not being able to spell wot I rite proply. On the other hand that may just be my fault.