Another "Under the Bed" theft from Indian Tourist reported to Pattaya Police

webfact

This is an old scam, guess it has come to life again. Happened to a friend of mine in Chiang Mai a few years ago. He was really drunk, and ended up with a ladyboy flagging customers on the street.He then made the mistake # 2 of going back to her room. At some point he sobered up and was going to leave. Upon putting his pants back on, he discovered a bunch of money was missing from his wallet. At first thinking that was impossible, he then looked under the bed and saw a pair of eyes staring back at him. A big fight broke out, which he luckily won instead of being knifed by two angry lady boys. So after hearing his story, I always check under the bed when in a massage place , or another place that is not my place...

......and not picking up lady boys off the street and going back to 'their' place....(drunk or not)...........

Who keep $3000 in their trouser pockets when the going currency is THB?

Some of us do. I don't carry the cash all the time but transport my projected budget in cash to LOS.

I save on transaction charges and poor f/x rates if I export my home currency. Dangerous, but been okay so far.

Edited by wooloomooloo

I think half the post here are from people that cant read. The question is Did he have $3,000 in his pocket, in the early morning hours. There is no question about what his country will allow him to take out, or how you bring money into Thailand, or if some people in India are rich. Does anyone really walk on beach road, with that amount of money in his pocket, and looking for a cheap rub down? Obviously he cant prove how much he had, so maybe he was just trying to turn a bad situation, into a good situation. He doesnt know where she took him, so maybe he wasnt taken anywhere, just trying to get a good insurance claim.

• Like 1

Wife went to Pattaya police about a problem and commented on the amount of gold on display adorning the officers. She overheard them talking about gold chain snatchers who work for the police. When caught a minimal wrist slap and early release. They wanted 10K to help sort my wife's problem.

Yingluck's anti-corruption hasn't percolated down to Pattaya yet.

I'm very surprised how naive these Indian tourists seem to be. Coming from a country like India (with so much poverty and so many of its own scams) I would think they should know better.

Are you joking?
India was never poor. If it should so, why would Britishers, French, Portuguese, Dutch and Spanish were interested in colonizing India for 200 years? And indeed USA was discovered in a fail attempt to discover India.

I am not here to put down India but I do not understand how you can say India is not poor. There is a growing middle class sure but the majority of Indians sadly live a meager hand to mouth existence. India could do so much better if not for the inept and corrupt secession of governments. India has the most malnourished children of any country, they have just had a bumper rice harvest, enough to feed the population twice over but no infrastructure to store it so it gets exported.

• Like 1

I'm very surprised how naive these Indian tourists seem to be. Coming from a country like India (with so much poverty and so many of its own scams) I would think they should know better.

Are you joking?
India was never poor. If it should so, why would Britishers, French, Portuguese, Dutch and Spanish were interested in colonizing India for 200 years? And indeed USA was discovered in a fail attempt to discover India.

I am not here to put down India but I do not understand how you can say India is not poor. There is a growing middle class sure but the majority of Indians sadly live a meager hand to mouth existence. India could do so much better if not for the inept and corrupt secession of governments. India has the most malnourished children of any country, they have just had a bumper rice harvest, enough to feed the population twice over but no infrastructure to store it so it gets exported.

I tend to agree with canman. India has the potential to be rich, but they are not getting there. When we went to India a couple of years ago, my wife commented on how poor it looked. She is from Vietnam and she was talking about New Delhi!!!!

• Like 1

Who keep $3000 in their trouser pockets when the going currency is THB?

Some of us do. I don't carry the cash all the time but transport my projected budget in cash to LOS.

I save on transaction charges and poor f/x rates if I export my home currency. Dangerous, but been okay so far.

You carry your projected budget in your trousers walking around town?

You carry your projected budget in foreign currency in your trousers when going outside to pick up a hooker?

Are you joking?

I agree with you.

We don't have proper warehouses or infrastructure. Malnourishment on the other hand is at it's worse.

Corruption indeed is a big issue.

Are you joking?

HUH?????

"Poverty in India is widespread, with the nation estimated to have a third of the world's poor. In 2010, the World Bank reported that 32.7% of the total Indian people fall below the international poverty line of US$ 1.25 per day (PPP) while 68.7% live on less than US$ 2 per day.[1]"

The source is Wikipedia, but it's not the only place to get these FACTS. I'd really have to say that with 68.7% LIVING ON LESS THAN US$2 a day, and almost 1/2 of those under $US1.25 that qualifies for much poverty as I correctly stated in my post.