Top Posters In This Topic

On a similar subject...

What is the story of the farang outside Central

Painted in silver

surely he needs a work permit

or is that scamming,begging

He's not working.

He's just standing there, covered in silver paint.biggrin.png

And it's not begging either, it's street art.

• Like 2

On a similar subject...

Painted in silver

He's not working.

Ah that's ok then

On a similar subject...

Painted in silver

He's not working.

I know one in my homecountry who thinks for the past 20 years that he's a street lantern.

Never thought about it that he actually was an artist.

Don't get me wrong, I really enjoy good musicians busking, they certainly brighten my day.

As for street art (a new phrase to me) the guys in Royal are excellent, and "Old Silver" is ok, it takes guts to stand still in the heat here, but please "Silver" when you stop for a smoke, do it around the corner, not in front of the children you are entertaining.

The guy who I think would be handy to have around is the "Street Lamp"

with all the power cuts we endure here

nothing new in that. when the boiler rooms all collapsed a few years back there were loads of penniless farangs about and one particular scouser who had a spot outside robinsons at soi 19.

stopped passers by and told a brief hard luck story in a very plaintive and quite matey way and apologised and asked for 100b.

i gave him the first time, and actually the second time i told him i'd heard his story two nights ago and he was totally honest and just said he was broke, hungry, no family support and trying to get by until something happened to get him out of the jam he was in.

On a similar subject...

Painted in silver

He's not working.

Saw many of these in Amsterdam when I used to travel there regularly. Personally I quite like them, some can be very good. At least he is making some effort and not begging in teh bars or pestering people.

• Like 2

Is it totally inconceivable that something unexpected has happened rendering these people penniless/homeless? It happens all over the world. When I worked in both NYC and London I'd often give some loose change. Why does it have to be a scam? I've only been living here 7 months so maybe I am missing something? Also, genuine question, Does it follow that the 'your' embassy has to help if you are destitute?

• Like 1

Is it totally inconceivable that something unexpected has happened rendering these people penniless/homeless? It happens all over the world. When I worked in both NYC and London I'd often give some loose change. Why does it have to be a scam? I've only been living here 7 months so maybe I am missing something? Also, genuine question, Does it follow that the 'your' embassy has to help if you are destitute?

It is a scam when he repeats the BS story and picks up a 100 baht from each farang. I gave him a 100 baht the first time, he could just as easily have picked up 900 baht more from 9 other farangs on the same day. Not bad for a days scamming is it? He said his funds transfer was delayed by 5 hours, then 6 weeks later he tried the same story on again. He is a clear liar and serial pest but then again you probably think it's ok to do this time and time again, I don't and I told him so. Please try to understand, the first time I did help but obviously I was conned. For all we know he is probably living in a nice room at our expense.

Most Embassy's will help their citizens in one way or the other. If it were me I would front up to my Consulate and ask for help. Are you seriously suggesting that the South African Embassy will not help one of their citizens under these circumstances? It happens all the time when people get robbed of all their money and passport and credit cards. I don't believe a thing this idiot says anymore and that is why I brought it to this forums attention.

more likely an undiscovered metal disorder

On a similar subject...
Painted in silver

He's not working.

...or a still undiscovered mental disorder.