Ducati 848

Tmymaimee

This bike wasn't my first choice but since the GSXR750 and ZX-6R aren't sold in Thailand, I bought this one. I know I could go through a shop and import one but last time they told me at least a 6 month wait with no guarantee on the final price.

Depending on when their container is being shipped, a large importer should be able to get you a bike in less than three months.

Take a look at the new Triumph Daytona 675R- the reviews have been spectacular (it finished way ahead of the ZX-6R in the most recent head-to-head test in the latest issue of Motorcyclist), and there are dealers in Bangkok.

• Like 1

Take a look at the new Triumph Daytona 675R- the reviews have been spectacular (it finished way ahead of the ZX-6R in the most recent head-to-head test in the latest issue of Motorcyclist), and there are dealers in Bangkok.

From what I can gather the OP wants a big bike for city riding. Pointless exercise I think.

Ducati 848 was designed to be ridden fast but like most big bikes, is a PIA in heavy traffic. Not everyone can handle a large cc twin-cylinder bike.

He should've bought a Fino.

From what I can gather the OP wants a big bike for city riding. Pointless exercise I think.

Ducati 848 was designed to be ridden fast but like most big bikes, is a PIA in heavy traffic. Not everyone can handle a large cc twin-cylinder bike.

He should've bought a Fino.

Fair enough, but if he's determined to buy a bike in that class, the 675R is really worth a look- it's what I'd want in that range.

That's just an ad for graphic design work she does in Bangkok. Its a public ad and I'm fine with it..it's not me or her. Getting back to the bike, if it's not sold by October when I arrive, I'm going to meet up with a lawyer and see what my options are.

If I take the bike right now even though I have a key, I think I could be charged with theft as its registered to her. The fact that we're married..I'm not sure but I don't really want any problems so that's why I need to see my legal options.

This bike wasn't my first choice but since the GSXR750 and ZX-6R aren't sold in Thailand, I bought this one. I know I could go through a shop and import one but last time they told me at least a 6 month wait with no guarantee on the final price.

You will be throwing good money after bad if you pay a lawyer,

the bike is her's, she has a book to prove it.

i contracted a lawyer myself btw, she didnt do what i paid her to do,

and then she started borrow money too,

and then both of'em sod off somewhere.

I didn't buy it for the city; it just so happened I was staying in Bangkok at the time. Most of the miles were highways...thanks for the heads up on the Triumph...I'll definitely check it out.

You can put it in my name, you know for safe keeping...........

You know next time just try harder to buy in your name I am 99.999% sure you can

regardless of visa type.

The main thing to have is your passport & then go to your consulate or Immigration ( yuk )

& get the proof of residence certificate that is the one you really need.

But even f your at a guest house, hotel etc it does not matter.

At the consulate you just raise your right hand & say yes that is where I am.

That is all that is required.

Also I Agree with RSD if that is the size your interested in that Triumph is worth a look.

Does get great reviews

Also I Agree with RSD if that is the size your interested in that Triumph is worth a look.

Does get great reviews

I've ridden both the Ducati 848 and the Daytona 675.

The Daytona is a very nice ride and a bit smoother and less vibey than the Duc but the 848 has a bit more punch.

As they cost about the same in Thailand why not go all out and get the BMW S1000RR? The OP has experience riding middleweights but I'm guessing from some of his posts he's not the most 'balls-out' rider around so best probably to get an ER6N/F.

^

Have you ridden the new R? It's been completely redone and is a way better bike than the previous model (from what I've read- I haven't ridden it or even seen it in the flesh). Nothing wrong with the 848 either.

I agree the S1000RR is worth a look- I considered it for a minute or two but it's so narrowly focused (and it's on the small side)- it's an incredible bike, though- I'd be mostly posing on it if I owned it, but damn I'd look good.;)

Sad to hear about your 848. You may check Red Baron, but they may only have liter bikes right now. 3 months you can usually get your hands on what you want. We usually send a container every 6 weeks.