Advice on pressure washers

Guderian

A few years ago in Spain I bought a professional Karcher, can´t remember the model but it was big, heavy and needed the wheels that were fitted to the case.

It had a dirt blaster nozel which gave out a rotating spray that would easly strip splashed concrete off a steel garage door 1 year later.

The spray lance was adjustabñe from low pressure high flow to lower flow at high pressure: therefore I could adjust the strength of the spray to suit the job.

If I wanted to make holes in concrete I could but to clean an outside patio without stripping the grout from between the tiles, I could also.

A word of caution: When cleaning a motorcycle take care NOT to blast the grease out of the wheel bearings etc.....

With the adjustable spray, the highest pressure setting gave a jet width a few inches wide, at a lower setting the spray width increased considerably.

Oh, it cost about €550, in the region of 22,000 Baht but the machine was very versatile and could do any job I gave it.

(Wish I had it in Thailand - too expensive to ship)

I was a permit to work issuer in my previous job, vessel entry Hp cleaning etc...

We regularly had to use 20,000-35,000 psi hp cleaning kit.....thats 1,378 -2,413 bar pressure....basically you can cut through most things with that kind of pressure ( great for cutting up pallets etc, no saw req,d.... lol)

But when moving large areas , the best flow was the key.........so it depends on the application....good luck OP

I'm just on my second zinsano Atlantic ,the first one lasted me 6 years,and only burst one hose as it got rubbed on the rough ground a lot.replacement hoses are 400 baht,but have to be ordered from BKK,taking up to 10 days delivery,stupid none of the shops that sell them carry spares for them,but for the price,roughly 6,400 baht,it's done a lot of work thus I bought another..by the way,there not Italian,it might say there's some relation to Italian technology,but there not..

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Tagging on these spec discussions, can anybody tell me if the normal water pressure in Thailand from an outdoor spigot can deliver at 19L/minute (1140L/hour) at 1.38 Bar? I brought from the US an Excell Model XR2625 pressure washer and hope that after I spend the money on coupling interfaces I can use it because water delivery meets my washer's minimum requirements.

Thanks!!

The common mistake when buying a pressure washer is going for the highest pressure ......its not high pressure you need it is the Best flow you can get, as all have enough pressure but most have low flow which only give a small jet spray which takes forever to do large areas...

Checking the Karcher and Zinsano catalogues the sort of size machines I am looking at deliver between 300 and 400 litres/hr. The higher the flow rate you want the higher the pressure rating, and so the cost goes up quickly. The Zinsano Arctic I posted the photo of above delivers 360 litres/hr at 120 Bar which sounds OK - what do you think?

The Imperial Airman had a fine flow rate but unfortunately I have no idea what it was.

360L/hour is decent, and 100 bar+ is enough to do the job, especially from Karcher or Zinsano who have trustworthy ratings. 600L/hr is awesome though wink.png

If there's not much difference in price, I would recommend the Karcher simply because they have such a huge support base in Thailand- parts are readily available in-stock, and they also have a huge range of accessories.

For prices, google for:

Krieng Thai Watana (Karcher distributor - ask for a price and you'll get lower then what's on their website)

Thai Washer Car Club - the for sale section there has several vendors selling Karcher and Zinsano at cheap prices.

Tagging on these spec discussions, can anybody tell me if the normal water pressure in Thailand from an outdoor spigot can deliver at 19L/minute (1140L/hour) at 1.38 Bar? I brought from the US an Excell Model XR2625 pressure washer and hope that after I spend the money on coupling interfaces I can use it because water delivery meets my washer's minimum requirements.

Thanks!!

There's no standard in Thailand - some areas might do it, but most areas won't though.

You'd need your own tank and water pump to reliably get that kind of flow rate from a tap.

My point was if you have a 2cm hole in your gun at 200psi it will do a better job than 100psi through the same hole.

Yes a very good point.......... depends what you will need it for.......... for me have used a bigger one and is not for me, as makes holes in the Fish filters to easy, takes the cement/grout out of walls far to easy, does NOT clean the painted area's but blasts the paint off.

I even us it in the bathrooms, walls and floor, a smaller one is lighter and easier to use........ I used the big one from a Thai friend and was super for the clean up after the floods, I gave it back and went a bought a smaller one which is ideal for my use.

Yep, very good point.

One of the lances that came with my latest Karcher throws out a ~4mm wide stream - at 160 bar all it does is cut lines into cement though - I'm yet to find a surface it can clean and not destroy. Even the normal lance which throws out more of a fan will take off paint if you get much closer than about 5cm from the surface. Then there's the angle lance (designed for cleaning under cars) - that's one's so powerful that if you get within around 15cm of a tire it will leave a permanent mark in the rubber (somewhat scary).

All of this potential damage at just 160 bar, no way I'd want a real 200 bar unit. 100-120 bar would be a lot safer.

My pressure washer has 4 different quick connect tips. One puts out a soft spray much like a coin operated car wash, and it has a soap pickup tube. The other three tips get progressively more aggressive, so it is very versatile. It is, however, gasoline powered.

Although a different brand, it looks much like THIS. If you look at the name near the top, you can see the red, yellow, white and black tips stored. If you look at the closeup of them, you can actually see them. This is what I'd want. It can really get tough, or wash your car or scooter.

I don't know the term BAR, but 3100 PSI (pounds per square inch) is powerful.

Edited by NeverSure

Thanks!!

There's no standard in Thailand - some areas might do it, but most areas won't though.

You'd need your own tank and water pump to reliably get that kind of flow rate from a tap.

My pressure washer has 4 different quick connect tips. One puts out a soft spray much like a coin operated car wash, and it has a soap pickup tube. The other three tips get progressively more aggressive, so it is very versatile. It is, however, gasoline powered.

Although a different brand, it looks much like THIS. If you look at the name near the top, you can see the red, yellow, white and black tips stored. If you look at the closeup of them, you can actually see them. This is what I'd want. It can really get tough, or wash your car or scooter.

As I said is what you want it for, mine is ideal for what I want, and if I ever need to buy another then would have the same again

post-42643-0-33464100-1375853429_thumb.j

I'm just on my second zinsano Atlantic ,the first one lasted me 6 years,and only burst one hose as it got rubbed on the rough ground a lot.replacement hoses are 400 baht,but have to be ordered from BKK,taking up to 10 days delivery,stupid none of the shops that sell them carry spares for them,but for the price,roughly 6,400 baht,it's done a lot of work thus I bought another..by the way,there not Italian,it might say there's some relation to Italian technology,but there not..

That's interesting. I have the current Zinsano catalogue and on the frontspiece is a picture of a pressure washer with a badge saying 'Made In Italy'. Google 'Zinsano Italy' though and there's no mention of it being European. Apparently they are made in China.

• Like 1

On a somewhat related topic, I'd like to buy a wet suction vac for cleaning my car interiors. Any suggestions?

Sent from my GT-N5100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

We bought an Electrolux wet/dry vacuum and it worked great for sucking up liquid spills. It also worked well as a blower. The only flaw is the hose cracks and breaks after about 2 yrs.

We did like it very much, using it every day, and bought another Electrolux wet/dry, different model from the first, brought it with us when we moved to Chiang Mai, and left the first one with the buyer of our old place. The model we have now is Z803. It also has the same hose inferiority as the first one, being interchangeable as well. We have found the vac at Home Pro, Macro, some Tescos carry this model, and the other HIC's as well as Central dept stores. They come with a fabric dust bag, but paper bags are readily available.

Hope that helps

-David

Here's another thread from late last year on pressure washers. In the thread you see I talk about the Zinsana Andaman 120 bar model I bought immediately after the late 2011 floods. I've used this pressure washer A LOT since then...it has worked great....absolutely no problems (knock on wood) and it's now going on two years and it's still working great...I used it just a few days ago to clean algae off some of my sidewalks/walkways. I think now you can pickup the model I bought for around 4,000 baht.

• 3 weeks later...

My point was if you have a 2cm hole in your gun at 200psi it will do a better job than 100psi through the same hole.

Yes a very good point.......... depends what you will need it for.......... for me have used a bigger one and is not for me, as makes holes in the Fish filters to easy, takes the cement/grout out of walls far to easy, does NOT clean the painted area's but blasts the paint off.

I even us it in the bathrooms, walls and floor, a smaller one is lighter and easier to use........ I used the big one from a Thai friend and was super for the clean up after the floods, I gave it back and went a bought a smaller one which is ideal for my use.

Yep, very good point.

One of the lances that came with my latest Karcher throws out a ~4mm wide stream - at 160 bar all it does is cut lines into cement though - I'm yet to find a surface it can clean and not destroy. Even the normal lance which throws out more of a fan will take off paint if you get much closer than about 5cm from the surface. Then there's the angle lance (designed for cleaning under cars) - that's one's so powerful that if you get within around 15cm of a tire it will leave a permanent mark in the rubber (somewhat scary).

All of this potential damage at just 160 bar, no way I'd want a real 200 bar unit. 100-120 bar would be a lot safer.

Now that attached website shows a machine that is a beast! And quite cheap too considering the whole set up, being portable with its own motor has some very good points. Did you buy it in Thailand or bring it into the country with you? I like!

• 9 months later...

Question about the fuel I need to use...

As I wrote last year "I brought from the US an Excell Model XR2625 pressure washer"...the engine is a Honda GC190 and the manual states that I need to use unleaded fuel with an octane rating of 86 or higher...

Can I use either Gasohol 91 or 95 (I know it has ethanol) or do I need to use Benzine 91 or 95?

Thanks for any advice!

Question about the fuel I need to use...

As I wrote last year "I brought from the US an Excell Model XR2625 pressure washer"...the engine is a Honda GC190 and the manual states that I need to use unleaded fuel with an octane rating of 86 or higher...

Can I use either Gasohol 91 or 95 (I know it has ethanol) or do I need to use Benzine 91 or 95?

Thanks for any advice!

You may not have a choice - at least I don't: "Benzine" is no longer available. Anyway... you should be good with the gasohol.

That's interesting. I have the current Zinsano catalogue and on the frontspiece is a picture of a pressure washer with a badge saying 'Made In Italy'. Google 'Zinsano Italy' though and there's no mention of it being European. Apparently they are made in China.

The Zinsano line that costs more than 9000 THB is made in Italy...the rest are made in China. Does anyone know or have...a Karcher model that is made in Europe..or are those all made in China? Trying to get away from Chinese made crap. I would personally pay twice more to get something NOT made in China. pg

• Thanks 1

• 3 months later...

Hi guys,

I have a Zincano Artic, electic pressure washer for the second year now (110 model) and I am quite happy with it. I usually don't even bother with soap, but it takes of the green and everything else, off my cement landing, with no problem at all.

I do have one question....

Does it have any place to add oil or lube it? (I guess I should have thought of that earlier, but I am not the brightest, when it comes to machinery)

One would think, that there would be some moving parts, that need to be oiled, to stop them from wear?

I visited a Builders Merchants store in Buriram today to pick up free tickets to the Buriram Home & Garden Show held on Tuesday October 14th. Free Pizza and the chance to meet marketing and technical reps who understand and speak English in Buriram is a rare treat. Zinsano has a booth near the front door of Ruangsangthai Hardware store in Buriram so I asked the sales rep for the pressure washing equipment your questions. He said the Zinsano Artic needs no consumer maintenance. He did point out that 40 weight oil as in the photo is used for the larger made in Italy Zinsano pressure washers that are heavy duty pressure washers.

post-20604-0-57040400-1411835780_thumb.j

• 3 months later...

I just bought the Zinsano Arctic and very happy with it. Apparently Italian design Chinese made. Its strong and reasonably

quiet and smooth. The guy in the shop told me it had an aluminium pump but you know they will tell you whatever you want to hear.

Can't vouch for longetivity but so far very happy with it and equivalent to a very expensive Gerni I had back home. As for Karcher had

two newer ones in the last few years and both broke. They don't seemed to like being used continually for more than 15 minutes or

so. I think Karcher had a good name years ago but now are rubbish. Just my opinion others may have had better experience.

I just bought the Zinsano Arctic and very happy with it. Apparently Italian design Chinese made. Its strong and reasonably

quiet and smooth. The guy in the shop told me it had an aluminium pump but you know they will tell you whatever you want to hear.

Can't vouch for longetivity but so far very happy with it and equivalent to a very expensive Gerni I had back home. As for Karcher had

two newer ones in the last few years and both broke. They don't seemed to like being used continually for more than 15 minutes or

so. I think Karcher had a good name years ago but now are rubbish. Just my opinion others may have had better experience.

Almost 3 years to the day old, the starting capacitor on my Karcher decided to leak electrolyte and stop working. Replaced it for 450 Baht, and it's a good as new. Used on average for around 4 hours/week (3 hours continuous to clean ~400sqm of sandwash, then washing 3 cars @ around 20 mins of on/off use each).

I think with Karcher if you buy the more expensive ones, you get a good one.. But if you buy the cheap ones, you really are buying a cheap one.

• 3 years later...
On 1/8/2015 at 11:51 AM, IMHO said:

Almost 3 years to the day old, the starting capacitor on my Karcher decided to leak electrolyte and stop working. Replaced it for 450 Baht, and it's a good as new. Used on average for around 4 hours/week (3 hours continuous to clean ~400sqm of sandwash, then washing 3 cars @ around 20 mins of on/off use each).

I think with Karcher if you buy the more expensive ones, you get a good one.. But if you buy the cheap ones, you really are buying a cheap one.

Buying my first washer. for regular cleaning 3 sand wash decks totalling 400 sw. mt. and a lane way. If this forum reactivates  i will update. Prices: at the moment, HomePro have a promotion on washers: The medium range Zinsano's are the Artic (120BAR.6l/pm) is reduced from 6350 to 3590 baht. the Atlantic II reduced from 7590 to 5990 baht. the 'con' is both Chinese made. The Caspian is normally 11,900 reduced at Lazada to 7300 baht. powerful unit 150 BAR 7L/pm. and that's a very attractive price, compared to the Zinsano website. I'll check at Home Pro to see where it is made. If Italian made I'll buy for sure. If China, I'll have to rethink my budget vv a compromise. Bosch Aquatak sells on Lazada for 5400 (1000 baht discount).  

On 8/8/2013 at 12:55 PM, Pib said:

Here's another thread from late last year on pressure washers. In the thread you see I talk about the Zinsana Andaman 120 bar model I bought immediately after the late 2011 floods. I've used this pressure washer A LOT since then...it has worked great....absolutely no problems (knock on wood) and it's now going on two years and it's still working great...I used it just a few days ago to clean algae off some of my sidewalks/walkways. I think now you can pickup the model I bought for around 4,000 baht.

Update: my Zinsana Andaman is still running like a charm as of Apr 18.  Gets used 3 or 4 times per year for several hours to a half a day cleaning around the house.  

The induction motor Zinsano High Pressure washer certainly can cost less any day of the week than HomePro or Lazada claim is a "sale price".  I will check with the Zinsano technical representative who is washing cars this week at the Buriram Home Expo to see exactly where the Zinsano Caspian is manufactured. 6900 baht was the price on the sign fully assembled and tested in Buriram.  I prefer to buy a pressure washer at a store that is an authorized repair center for the brand and has parts in stock to fix the tool. In 2008 I bought a Karcher pressure washer at Home Works and I know first hand the after the sales service on that fine German brand of pressure sprayer. 

Buriram Zinsano Caspian Induction High Pressure Sprayer.JPG

Zinsano Italian Pressure Washer Technician in Buriram Thailand.JPG

• Like 1

The reason ZINSANO is  not shown on a search in Italy is that the BLU models are made in ITALY but marketed  under a different brand  name there called  Annovi Reverberi I  found  their website a LONG time ago. I have the Zinsano BLU 15k baht 130 bar it weighs a ton and comes on a wheel trolley. I had a cheap one previously and it lasted about 18  months and was weak as p**s

This is  my model  but here it comes on a trolley https://www.misterworker.com/en/annovi-reverberi/ar-610-ar-blue-clean-professional-electric-cold-water-high-pressure-washer-130-bar-500-l-h-2200w-12358/9489.html

Kannot is spot on with how Zinsano is marketed. There are two inexpensive Zinsano models with Induction motors sold in Thailand.. The Caspian and the Atlantic II are priced well under the HomePro or Lazada sales price in Buriram. Neither are made in Italy. Blu high pressure washers come installed on a sturdy rolling cart.However at least one of the Metabo tools in the photo sold in Thailand is manufactured at the Nurtingen, Germany Metabo plant. Others are made in the same Country as Apple iPhones. 

Buriram Metabo tools made in Nurtingen Germany.jpg

It all depends on the pressure and the volume. I don't have a pressure washer but most of if not all off the AC cleaning guys seem to use the small yellow hand carry ones. They use them everyday for work! I've seen them in Makro.  If washing a concrete driveway one might need a bit more grunt?

13 hours ago, kannot said:

The reason ZINSANO is  not shown on a search in Italy is that the BLU models are made in ITALY but marketed  under a different brand  name there called  Annovi Reverberi I  found  their website a LONG time ago. I have the Zinsano BLU 15k baht 130 bar it weighs a ton and comes on a wheel trolley. I had a cheap one previously and it lasted about 18  months and was weak as p**s

This is  my model  but here it comes on a trolley https://www.misterworker.com/en/annovi-reverberi/ar-610-ar-blue-clean-professional-electric-cold-water-high-pressure-washer-130-bar-500-l-h-2200w-12358/9489.html

Have had our VIP Blue a couple of years now ... yes it is heavy and needs the trolley. Takes two to get it upstairs for when I want to clean the aircon units.

Anyone know what thread they use as I want to knock up a small nozzle to enable better access to the top of the aircon units ...  

Edited by JAS21