Makro Rawai

RawaiPlaBoyz

I searched this one with no links.....

On the land adjacently souht of Rawai Tesco will exsist a Makro. There was a begining of a structure but that was raised making way for a different project. I really feel I shall not reveal my full notes on the subject. If you are an enquiring mind I would suggest having a meal at the Fountain Resturant next to the project and speak to Rachada... If you tell her you hear her name is Racahdarling you will get a laughand mabey more info. The huge Bumese worker camp that is going up rapidly tells me that it will be a go go go deal. Ok, one big insider info... The Rawai Tesco complex is on rented land and so will be the new Makro....

Would the members like some progress pics, I can access the south and east views.

I'm happy about this!!!!!!!!!!! Traffic.. I has gone from nill to ting tong in ha pee....

You mean Tesco Chalong?

No, I did NOT mean Tesco Chalong.. That is just north of Ao Chalong Pet Hospital, my cat goes there.

I said MAKRO RAWAI. There has been numerous roumors of a Makro and this is the fact. I did leak a few tid bits as to being in the know.... Have a meal at the Fountain resturant adjacent to the project will state that I haven't spoken to Rachadarling but have other insider info! Now, If you show her the post I bet she'll know it is me!

likely she'll not mention much about my info source....

I have no idea how one could read Makro Rawai and think I meant Tesco Chalong. NO Idea at all!

You mean Tesco Chalong?

No, I did NOT mean Tesco Chalong.. That is just north of Ao Chalong Pet Hospital, my cat goes there.

I said MAKRO RAWAI. There has been numerous roumors of a Makro and this is the fact. I did leak a few tid bits as to being in the know.... Have a meal at the Fountain resturant adjacent to the project will state that I haven't spoken to Rachadarling but have other insider info! Now, If you show her the post I bet she'll know it is me!

likely she'll not mention much about my info source....

I have no idea how one could read Makro Rawai and think I meant Tesco Chalong. NO Idea at all!

Ok, there is a Tesco, because that is what you mentioned, in Chalong, in Rawai close to the pier and in Sai Yuan. Do you mean Tesco Chalong, Tesco Rawai or Tesco Sai Yuan?

And I have no idea how one could think somebody read Makro Rawai when enquiring about Tesco Rawai, after all that is what you wrote about. No idea at all.

Edited by stevenl

I never mentioned Tesco in my opriginal post. All the other Tesco's have qualifiers like ":express".. Rawai Tesco is the name of the center as is one named on |Chaofa East well north of the circle. Unfortunatedly one who clearly wants to subjigate a good post was well off spot, by a number of kilks

Have you done anything but be perjorative at a clear post to informe the members??????.... I do like the cat driving pic.

I never mentioned Tesco in my opriginal post. snip>

"On the land adjacently souht of Rawai Tesco <snip>" "The Rawai Tesco complex <snip>"

So thanks, now it is clear what you mean, the Tesco complex on Viset road just passed Chalong circle direction Rawai.

Edited by stevenl

"On the land adjacently souht of Rawai Tesco <snip>" "The Rawai Tesco complex <snip>"

So thanks, now it is clear what you mean, the Tesco complex on Viset road just passed Chalong circle direction Rawai.

What do you mean.?.So thanks, now it is clear what you mean, the Tesco complex on Viset road just passed Chalong circle direction Rawai.

It was clear from the start in OP , as below;

.".On the land adjacently souht of Rawai Tesco will exsist a Makro. and The Rawai Tesco complex is on rented land"

but you asked him.... You mean Tesco Chalong? .... . Why did you ask him that? w00t.gif

What do you mean.?.So thanks, now it is clear what you mean, the Tesco complex on Viset road just passed Chalong circle direction Rawai.

It was clear from the start in OP , as below;

.".On the land adjacently souht of Rawai Tesco will exsist a Makro. and The Rawai Tesco complex is on rented land"

but you asked him.... You mean Tesco Chalong? .... . Why did you ask him that? w00t.gif

Because I, and many others that I know, call the Tesco he means Tesco Chalong, and the other Tesco in Rawai Tesco Rawai. So the OP simply confused me with his wording, I asked for a clarification which resulted in nonsense posts like 'I never mentioned Tesco', 'reading Makro Rawai' etc.

But now all is clear.

And could easily be he is right, would be nice to have some alternatives to Villa Market close by.

I think the whole post is nonsense unless Makro are going into the business of having a very downsized shop. The land in question is not very big & the hoarding has a sign on front with Makro written on it but it could just be some advertising unless the OP has read the Thai language & it explicitly states a Makro is being built on this site. We all know how Thai talk is often exaggerated & totally out of context with actual happenings.

I think the whole post is nonsense unless Makro are going into the business of having a very downsized shop. <snip>

Which is what they seem to be doing with the opening of the shop in Patong.

I think the whole post is nonsense unless Makro are going into the business of having a very downsized shop. <snip>

Seems to be a great success for Supercheap but not sure with Makro with their policy of having to show a card or sign in when you shop.

Seems to be a great success for Supercheap but not sure with Makro with their policy of having to show a card or sign in when you shop.

Nothing hard about the card deal..apply for and get one in minutes at front counter and just have it scanned each time you buy there.

Taking your card out of your wallet at the same time as your cash or credit card...

• Like 1

Nothing hard about the card deal..apply for and get one in minutes at front counter and just have it scanned each time you buy there.

Taking your card out of your wallet at the same time as your cash or credit card...

Down Sized.. NOT have a look at Makro Patong etc....BTW, fella, no credit cards at MAKRO.. Ooops

^^^^^^^^

Not Ooops fella at all..my citibank credit card is all i use there....whistling.gif

Aside..an interesting point that i was told by someone in the know [my bank manager] that the 7/11 company is going to/has already bought Macro outright...Six billion baht ...

I think the whole post is nonsense unless Makro are going into the business of having a very downsized shop. The land in question is not very big & the hoarding has a sign on front with Makro written on it but it could just be some advertising unless the OP has read the Thai language & it explicitly states a Makro is being built on this site. We all know how Thai talk is often exaggerated & totally out of context with actual happenings.

This makes me comment that the Patong Makro is very downsized and hardly worth bothering to think about comprehensive shopping. Good for basic groceries but zero household goods such as toilet paper, soaps, etc, can't even buy soda water, too many things that I expect to be able to buy. Bit like a mini Supercheap but with a worse range of stock.

Down Sized.. NOT have a look at Makro Patong etc....BTW, fella, no credit cards at MAKRO.. Ooops

Last time I checked Makro only accepted Thai issued credit cards. Never would take my Uk issued cards.

Not 100% sure nowadays but a couple of years ago only one banks card was accepted .. Thai issued citi bank credit card..

Edited by andreandre

^^^^^^^^

Not Ooops fella at all..my citibank credit card is all i use there....whistling.gif

Aside..an interesting point that i was told by someone in the know [my bank manager] that the 7/11 company is going to/has already bought Macro outright...Six billion baht ...

I got it wrong or manager told me wrong..the cost was US$..6.6 billion....not baht..blink.png oh well its only money...

Thai 7-Eleven King Turns Retail Dream to Stock Nightmare – Bloomberg, April 25, 2013

…Dhanin’s CP All, which runs more than 6,800 7-Eleven stores in Thailand, slid 10 percent in Bangkok yesterday — the most in more than four years — after saying it will pay $6.6 billion for discount wholesaler Siam Makro Pcl. (MAKRO) The offer is 41 percent above Siam Makro’s average price in the prior 20 days, a record premium for a retail deal in emerging Asia, according to data compiled by Bloomberg. CP All’s bid also represents the highest multiple to net income, the data show…

Policy must have changed as when they first opened you had to show company papers to get a card. I always though the idea of needing a Makro card to shop there was ridiculous.

Policy must have changed as when they first opened you had to show company papers to get a card. I always though the idea of needing a Makro card to shop there was ridiculous.

We signed up not long after Makro opened in Phuket Town. Never asked us for any company details. Wife just signed a form at the desk.

• Like 1

We signed up not long after Makro opened in Phuket Town. Never asked us for any company details. Wife just signed a form at the desk.

Do you get any perks or points with these cards? What are they for?

Mine says: Member since 09/07 - September 2007? But never had any freebies huh.png

Do you get any perks or points with these cards? What are they for?

Mine says: Member since 09/07 - September 2007? But never had any freebies huh.png

We checked once at the 'redemption' counter. Seems that only get points for certain items and food does not count - we only buy food goods, so no points for us.

the sign confirms they are building a makro. good, it should shake tesco and villa market up a bit.

Doubt it will shake them up. Considering the size of the plot it looks to be a mini Makro like the one in Patong, if so their main competition will be Super Cheap. And I very much doubt this will hurt the Super Cheap business.

• 4 months later...

If I forget my card when I shop at Makro, the service desk will give me my card number when I mention the name of my hotel. If you have no card, just mention the name of a large hotel and it's likely that the service desk will give you their card number to use....

Simon

• Like 1