Pizza in Thailand

luudee

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I make my own now. Found a good recipe online and have the hardware to make one. A lot of trouble but I like the taste as it has more sauce and ingredients that I like. Sauce for two pizzas is made ahead of time and frozen in two bags ready for when I need the sauce. Pepperoni was found at Makro and sliced by me ahead of time. Enough pepperoni was bought for ten pizzas or more at 750 baht. Mushrooms, olives and anything else I want on the pizza is ready when I want the pizza. Like I said, a lot of trouble but it does taste good. I don't eat it often but worth the effort.

I forgot to mention that I make my own pizza dough. Yes, a lot of trouble but it does taste good. Bought the pizza appliance at the Verasu here on Chaengwattana Road. On sale when I bought it but cannot cut the pizza after it is cooked while in the appliance as it has a teflon coating. Have to slide it off the teflon onto a large plate at least 12 inches in diameter.

personally i don't care what it costs if its good

in my book, if its shit, it will still be shit even if its cheap

So you wouldnt be at all bothered to roll up a some restaurant where the pizzas are supposed to be great to discover that they cost 1000B each, and later discover that an equally good one can be had next door for a quarter of that price?

And you see no difference between a good bowl of noodles at 40B and a good bowl at 240B? Or a bad bowl at the same two prices? Odd.

I would hope that a very expensive pizza would indeed be great, but in my experience there is not always any correlation between price and quality and often enough the cheaper places are better than the more expensive ones. Loaf's pizza is a case in point.

When I am thinking about what meal to eat out I want to know three things:

where it is

what it is

how much it is.

The absence of any one of the three pieces of information makes it impossible to compare.

CAPITALIZED ONLY TO DIFFERENTIATE BETWEEN HIS QUESTIONS AND MY ANSWERS

AS I CAN'T BE ARSED TO WRITE OUT ALL THAT I FEEL

THERE IS NO INTENT TO BE RUDE:

So you wouldnt be at all bothered to roll up a some restaurant where the pizzas are supposed to be great to discover that they cost 1000B each, and later discover that an equally good one can be had next door for a quarter of that price? NO

And you see no difference between a good bowl of noodles at 40B and a good bowl at 240B? Or a bad bowl at the same two prices? Odd. I DON'T CARE BUT THEN I DON'T EAT NOODLES, DOES THAT MAKE ME ODD?

I would hope that a very expensive pizza would indeed be great, but in my experience there is not always any correlation between price and quality and often enough the cheaper places are better than the more expensive ones. Loaf's pizza is a case in point. YOU WANTED A CHEAP DEAL ON PIZZA, LOOKS LIKE YOU FOUND IT. I MAY GO BECAUSE YOU SAY ITS GOOD QUALITY NOT BECAUSE YOU SAY ITS CHEAP

When I am thinking about what meal to eat out I want to know three things:

where it is

what it is

how much it is.

The absence of any one of the three pieces of information makes it impossible to compare.

ANSWER

i wasn't comparing anything, you were doing the comparing and no one invited you to do so

you feel contributors to a thread should list prices

i don't and can't be bothered to do so

if a restaurant appeals to me, i just go there

i do not need anymore information than that

i don't need to know how much its gonna cost in advance

clearly you do......

I make my own now. Found a good recipe online and have the hardware to make one. A lot of trouble but I like the taste as it has more sauce and ingredients that I like. Sauce for two pizzas is made ahead of time and frozen in two bags ready for when I need the sauce. Pepperoni was found at Makro and sliced by me ahead of time. Enough pepperoni was bought for ten pizzas or more at 750 baht. Mushrooms, olives and anything else I want on the pizza is ready when I want the pizza. Like I said, a lot of trouble but it does taste good. I don't eat it often but worth the effort.

I forgot to mention that I make my own pizza dough. Yes, a lot of trouble but it does taste good. Bought the pizza appliance at the Verasu here on Chaengwattana Road. On sale when I bought it but cannot cut the pizza after it is cooked while in the appliance as it has a teflon coating. Have to slide it off the teflon onto a large plate at least 12 inches in diameter.

Make your own pizza is always the best and as above way cheaper than buying one and usually better than the mayonnaise riddled crap that passes as pizza in most places in Thailand. We just make a large batch of pizza dough in the food processor and large batch of tomato sauce with fresh herbs etc. Simply divide the dough into pizza size portions, plastic wrap and freeze. Bag the sauce in portion sizes and also freeze. Takes about 30 minutes to thaw out and then make your pizza with whatever toppings come to hand in the house (we always have olives , salami etc in the fridge). As for the mozzarella, the best non-imported I have found here in Thailand is made fresh in Hua Hin and sold in 1KG blocks in Makro for about 350 Baht. Really soft and well textured, just slice as needed and top the pizza.

My daughter made a thin crust pizza for herself using just cheese and vegemite (probably only appreciated by us Aussies), turned out great.

New York Pizza is the best quality and value in town. Failing that, try Italy Mate!

i will try that when i am in town

had pizza in Italy

had better in USA

Sure, everything is better in the USA tongue.png

PIzza is born in Italy and Italians make it in a way. American pizza is a different style, full of topping like the burger sandwich compared with a normal 'panino'.

Just a matter of taste (and diet...).

Same question with curries from England and the Indians.

Food change, evolve, adapt to a country taste.

Capisce?

So accordingly your statement means: A white man can't play Jazz, An Italian can't box, a Scotsman can't dance and a Puerto Rican can't speak English,

As far I'm concerned the only place in Pattaya worth going to for pizza is the Loaf pizza buffet on Wednesdays. Very good quality and 240B. All other pizza in Pattaya that I have tried is overpriced rubbish, including at the Hilton where it is always cold even when it has come straight from the oven.

Never heard of Loaf Pizza. Where is it located?

Soi Lengkee location serves pizza:

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=623837917633518&set=a.178366915513956.50772.172299136120734&type=1&theater

Don't get overly excited.

having just read Jingthing's assessment of Loaf's pizza buffet, i am going to have a change of mind and not visit after all

i would have given it a try based on kingdongs assertion of the quality rather than the cheap price but if the maestro says ''not to get overly excited'', i will take his word for it

further , i am not inclined to drive 10 kms in traffic from the wilds of mabrachan lake on the basis of what is clearly an amateur restaurant reviewers opinion

i will stay with La Grotta, thank you Jing !

There is no such thing as good pizza in Thailand. All a rip off.

I agree with you 99%....but there is one place I know in Chiang Mai where I am sure you too would think otherwise.

Steven at PizzanPasta can make a pie!

www.pizzanpastacnx.com

Nice pics!!

I haven't seen a real pizza in many years let alone taste one.

There is no such thing as good pizza in Thailand. All a rip off.

Try find local companys if no access to scoozis

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I tried Scoozis but I really didn't care for their pizzas. I did only try once.

I looked at other pizzas being served and they didn't look interesting at all.

i wasn't comparing anything, you were doing the comparing and no one invited you to do so

you feel contributors to a thread should list prices

i don't and can't be bothered to do so

if a restaurant appeals to me, i just go there

i do not need anymore information than that

i don't need to know how much its gonna cost in advance

clearly you do......

Anything involving more than one choice involves a comparison, whether you like it or not.

"Cant be bothered" to type a price? Up to you, but I think that a review coming from someone who cant even be bothered to type 3 numbers is unlikely to have any real merit.

I also go the places that appeal to me, but given the choice (and it is a choice) between a good place at 250B and a good place at 500B, I will start with the good place at 250B. This is why it is handy to know the price before you start off.

having just read Jingthing's assessment of Loaf's pizza buffet, i am going to have a change of mind and not visit after all

i would have given it a try based on kingdongs assertion of the quality rather than the cheap price but if the maestro says ''not to get overly excited'', i will take his word for it

further , i am not inclined to drive 10 kms in traffic from the wilds of mabrachan lake on the basis of what is clearly an amateur restaurant reviewers opinion

Given your other post it sounds more like sour grapes to me. laugh.png

Either way, it's your loss. I've driven over to Mabrachan just to try several restaurants based on recommendations from people, and I still go to a couple of them on occasions.

As for amateur reviewers, I wasnt aware that anyone recommending pizza on here was doing so in their professional capacity. I hope they have a work permit.

Given your other post it sounds more like sour grapes to me. laugh.png

Either way, it's your loss. I've driven over to Mabrachan just to try several restaurants based on recommendations from people, and I still go to a couple of them on occasions.

As for amateur reviewers, I wasnt aware that anyone recommending pizza on here was doing so in their professional capacity. I hope they have a work permit.

i would normally be happy to debate further with you but to even bring up the subject of a work permit and whether a person has one gives me a good indicator of the calibre of person you are and as such in my view you are not worthy of further interaction

• Like 2

Purely my personal favourites and I like thin crust pizza :

Valentinos, Pattaya Klang, next to Foodland, prosciutto approx 380 baht I think

La Grotta soi 33 naklua , as above about 280 baht.

Casa Nostra ( it has had a name change, maybe it is " Rickys " now), just off soi 7 towards pattaya klang, about 280 baht I think.

The settings/location of the restaurants also in same order of preference.

If someone who also likes thin crust has tried either of the first two and has found better at similar or better prices, I`d happily try.smile.png

For those who like Valentino's pizza, you may want to try this place:

http://pattayamail.com/diningout/la-bruschetta-22905

On 2nd road not far from Royal Garden.

Owned by the same people as Valentinos.

IGNORE the review in the paper. They have totally scrapped the menu referred to in the review, which I LOVED and was very unique for Pattaya, and now appear to have the same menu as Valentinos. Which is good news for Valentinos fans, yes?

It's interesting to me about why they stopped the original menu. I don't know the whole story, but if it's what I guess, just too unusual and sophisticated to be commercially viable in Pattaya, that might be telling about the local market. San Francisco, it ain't.

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 1

Pizza Company is so overpriced have they gone mad? Pizza in the US is far cheaper. I ordered a medium pizza with a couple sides 700 baht???? For 700 baht I can get two large in the US. <deleted>? This type of gouging will certainly backfire. I used to go but no more.

Pizza Company is so overpriced have they gone mad? Pizza in the US is far cheaper. I ordered a medium pizza with a couple sides 700 baht???? For 700 baht I can get two large in the US. <deleted>? This type of gouging will certainly backfire. I used to go but no more.

And Hey Guess what you're not in the US. If you don't believe me look out of your window. How much is som tam in your US Nirvana?

Edited by RabC
  • Like 2

Why is this topic in the Pattaya forum?

Good question.......

I made the mistake repling because title says "Pizza in Thailand"

Appoligies to all in pattaya for my post on pizza in bkk

@mods.

Can this be moved for a wider audience? I really really like pizza and would like to know about pizzas in thailand all over.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

For those who like Valentino's pizza, you may want to try this place:

http://pattayamail.com/diningout/la-bruschetta-22905

On 2nd road not far from Royal Garden.

Owned by the same people as Valentinos.

IGNORE the review in the paper. They have totally scrapped the menu referred to in the review, which I LOVED and was very unique for Pattaya, and now appear to have the same menu as Valentinos. Which is good news for Valentinos fans, yes?

It's interesting to me about why they stopped the original menu. I don't know the whole story, but if it's what I guess, just too unusual and sophisticated to be commercially viable in Pattaya, that might be telling about the local market. San Francisco, it ain't.

JT

Thank You, was unaware of it, more convenient location( for me) and later opening times suits me, will give it a try.smile.png

For those in BKK, just up Ekkamai Suk 63 on the right, next to the Horizon complex, is the best pizza by far.

Place is called "Scoozi".

Pizzas cost about 350-450, about 12-14 inch I'd say.

REAL pizzas! Italian thin crust style! Real mozzarella etc!

None of this Domino / Pizza Hut sh!t.

When we call them my wife always asks what on promotion and we often get good deals.

We never go the PC to eat, I don't know why but I like to order my pizzas and eat them at home.

i would normally be happy to debate further with you but to even bring up the subject of a work permit and whether a person has one gives me a good indicator of the calibre of person you are and as such in my view you are not worthy of further interaction

Dear me. Some people really cant get to grips with irony, can they?

• Like 1

Sadly no.

This topic is basically worthless, the US guys wants US type of pizzas and we from EU want an Italian pizza.

More and more Thai owned/run restaurants are selling pizzas and 99% of them are crap.

Now try this pizza 2000 place and we can close this +100 posts topicbiggrin.png

Sadly no.

This topic is basically worthless, the US guys wants US type of pizzas and we from EU want an Italian pizza.

More and more Thai owned/run restaurants are selling pizzas and 99% of them are crap.

Now try this pizza 2000 place and we can close this +100 posts topicbiggrin.png

I don't understand the enthusiasm for Pizza 2000.

But y'all are welcome to try it out yourselves:

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Pizza-2000/346565675423603

Speaking as someone who tasted stellar pizzas in Rome, Naples, New York, Chicago, and San Francisco. BTW, actual Italian style pizza is available at some places in the USA, but not as popular as the American influenced variations.

Edited by Jingthing

The best that I've had in Pattaya was the place next to Lewinsky's on Pattayaland 1.

I don't know the name but it used to be Betty Booms gogo & Spicy Girls in previous incarnations.

Excellent thin crust with nicely dressed mixed salad & a couple of glasses of vino.

They don't deliver though unless you're drinking local then the staff will walk it over to you.

in my opinion, the best pizza around is at La Grotta on the darkside
on the back road out on nungplabwhan
almost opposite the black hole bikers pub

Black Hole formerly TittyTwisters?

yes

It is located at the corner of the row of shophouses just outside Pattaya Paradise Village 2. They have a real wood fired pizza oven and also pastas and meat dishes. It is open air, I.e., no air conditioning. They are not open for lunch...only dinner from about 4 p.m. Till late.

you have obviously been OMG
what do you think?

Had a chance to try the margarita pizza and spegetti bolonaise tonite. Both were excellent. The pizza is a thin crust euro style pie with plenty of quality cheese and just enough sauce to keep things moist but not soggy. Crust was cooked perfectly in their wood burning pizza oven. Imop, one of the best pies in town and right here for us Darksiders.

Price: B190 Edited by angiud
quotes fixed
  • Like 2