Costs

mr.buffalo

I would be gratefull for some general info about medication and a few other items.

The firm i work for here in the UK is going thru a takeover by the pesky germans and I expect job loses in the not too distant future mine included but I am not bothered by that as I am making plans to leave uk shortly anyway and since I love thailand think that will be the move for me. I am 51 so will be able to get the retirement visa as I meet the requirements.

2 years ago I was diagnosed with diabetes and all the drugs here are free so what are the costs in thailand? I take metformin and gliclazide plus what is the cost for a yearly check up viz. eye test feet circulation and blood pressure? I have a holiday to thailand ( another one ) coming up next month so could find out myself but my thai is not all that good and I think they sell metformon over the counter but not glicazide. Any info will be welcome and thanks in advance.

Last week wife obtained Metformin 500mg at 180 for 777.60 in large hospital - drug store should be cheaper.

She used to use Glipizide (which is similar) and recall it was quite cheap but now uses Novo Norm (which is known as being expensive) 2mg at 90 for 2,736.90

Most any drug is available from drug store if not narcotic type - although they may have to order.

Blood test for sugar level is 130 and doctor visit 500 baht. We check every 90 days with eye test every 6 months. Total bill for eye exam two weeks ago was 575 baht.

A yearly physical can range from 2,900 baht to 15,000 or more depending on what you what checked. We use physician ordered test rather than one of the health check programs so have blood tests each quarterly visit.