Chuan declines invitation to political reform forum

webfact

POLITICS
Chuan declines invitation to political reform forum

The Nation

BANGKOK: -- The Democrat's advisory board chief Chuan Leekpai said on Thursday that he had rejected an invitation to join the governmentsponsored political reform forum, saying the government should review itself and show a good example.

Chuan, a former prime minister, was speaking after meeting with government representative Banharn Silapaarcha about participating in the forum.

Banharn declined to reveal to reporters the result of his meeting with Chuan.

"I turned down the invitation but gave information to Mr Banharn about the reasons that the country finds itself in this situation. I saw that he was lacking information about certain aspects," he said.

Banharn was told that the government should commit to the democracy system and respect each other's power. The government should show a good example by respecting the laws and enforcing them with fairness. "Part of the disunity in the country is caused by discrimination," Chuan said.

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2013-09-19

"I turned down the invitation but gave information to Mr Banharn about the reasons that the country finds itself in this situation. I saw that he was lacking information about certain aspects," he said.

Maybe not so much 'lacking information', but not caring as it did not fit PTP's agenda.

Based on the above, I doubt very much that the PTP wants Chuan's input.

• Like 2

Maybe not so much 'lacking information', but not caring as it did not fit PTP's agenda.

Based on the above, I doubt very much that the PTP wants Chuan's input.

I doubt very much if they want anyone else's input.

• Like 1

In reality the white envelope wasn't big enough for Banharn to actually absorb or want to absorb the information.

One thing everyone must be aware of, this so called Democratic party has absolutely nothing good to bring for Thailand future and development. They use there's very low intelligents to make chaos and violence !!!

A classic typo event., the comment should read thus.

One thing everyone must be aware of, this so called P.T.P. party has absolutely nothing good to bring for Thailand future and development. They use there's very low intelligence to make chaos and violence .
Which we witnessed with amazing clarity when the Red Shirt movement was bent on destroying Bangkok at the behest of their sponsor Thaksin, Cast your mind back to the incitements to commit arson, the looting of shops, the offering by Thaksin of 500 baht per head to join the cause, the occupation of a hospital etc etc. All those act and statements are freely available in the public domain.
Edited by siampolee

In reality the white envelope wasn't big enough for Banharn to actually absorb or want to absorb the information.

One thing everyone must be aware of, this so called Democratic party has absolutely nothing good to bring for Thailand future and development. They use there's very low intelligents to make chaos and violence !!!

A classic typo event., the comment should read thus.

One thing everyone must be aware of, this so called P.T.P. party has absolutely nothing good to bring for Thailand future and development. They use there's very low intelligence to make chaos and violence .
Which we witnessed with amazing clarity when the Red Shirt movement was bent on destroying Bangkok at the behest of their sponsor Thaksin, Cast your mind back to the incitements to commit arson, the looting of shops, the offering by Thaksin of 500 baht per head to join the cause, the occupation of a hospital etc etc. All those act and statements are freely available in the public domain.

A good response.

The only problem with it is you were talking truth. Of course certain posters are not interested in it.

If the PTPredshirts want to have a forum on political reform they should show that they are really interested in it. Rather than not allowing debate on some of their policies. They should throw it out there and stand arms wide open to other peoples input.

They should have allowed people with different views than theirs to hold rallies with out trying to stop them and keep people out of them. They should put an end to their heckling and object throwing at the other peoples rallies.

Do one thing to show they want reform not just every one to bend down and kiss the rear lips of a man in Dubai.

Show us talk is cheap.

Edited by hellodolly

Indeed! And the future is bright here in the land of Rice Mountains, Rubber Roads, Dysfunctional Railways and Smart Women.

Of course when the Democrats and their yellow terrorist brothers occupied Rajaprasong intersection three years ago,burning Bangkok, fighting and causing mayhem, they had "nothing good to bring for Thailand future and development". whistling.gif

Go on then, tell us what wonderful future developments do you think PTP are going to deliver?

You might want to remind us of all their achievements to date, after 2 years in office too.

I seem to remember that Korn Chatikavanij was very highly regarded by his international peers during his time as Finance Minister under the Democrats.