Sophon and True/ both CAT resellers?

pattayamarc

I just moved into a townhouse in soi khopai, pattaya. i trade the financial markets, so i need a second internet provider as backup. the owner already had true internet installed (internet through cable). in my old condo before i had sophon internet (also cable), which i seldom had a problem with, so i had the guys from sophon install a second cable to my house and am now working with true and sophon as backup.

i know that sophon is a cat reseller, but i assumed true internet through cable is a totally different provider. what was weird though, is that about two weeks ok, both internet connections were down at the same time and went back up at about the same time. is true internet also a cat reseller? am i actually connected to the same provider through two different cables?

I am NOT certain of this; but I was once told that the Thai government, which owns CAT, is the sole provider for internet connections in Thailand, and that ALL other providers must get their feed from CAT. As I said, this may be misinformation; but it is what I have heard.

• Like 1