Iran nuclear deal could be reached in months: Kerry

webfact

I'll make a statement, and expect no one to agree with me. But hey, you know what they say about opinions. smile.png

I like the main street Iranian people. I find them refreshingly different from many people in that area. I've pointed this out before, but Iranians aren't Arabs. They are Persians. It is hard, and debatable, to define their region, and to differentiate their ancient historical culture from the Muslim culture. I think of their region as S. Asia as do many others. But since the Middle East is also debatable as to borders, (some say it's a sub region of Europe, ignoring that some think Egypt is part of the ME.)

But the Persians' native culture is more like India if you subtract the Muslim encroachment in the leadership and among some of the people.

The Persians don't typically dress like Arab Muslims, but more like Westerners. They love all things Western. I think there is hope for the people.

Compared to Saudi Arabia where such is forbidden, Iranian women attend the universities, comprising 60% of the students, and they are allowed to

drive. BBC News

Iranians are poor, but if they can afford it they will have a satellite TV antennae, internet, car, and even Sony Playstations, etc. If I had to pick one country in that area that I guessed might do best if liberated, it would be Iran. It certainly isn't like Iraq in culture.

Just my $.02 and not worth that if you pay for it. smile.png

I've never been to Iran but, really, everyone I've talked to who's spent time there say such positive things about the people, the culture, the civilization.

Just in this way I can see why the foreign policy and other elites of the United States have long considered Iran as an important place to the US.

The Shah started out as a benevolent leader but, being a Shah, went power mad and quickly grew to have only contempt of democracy, moving decidedly away from his original benefactor, the United States.

The ayatollahs brought their religious philosophy to the place and established rigged elections. The Iranian people kept electing reformers who could accomplish nothing so finally gave it up.

The ayatollahs have gone off the deep end on the nuclear weapons drive but seem to have taken the population with them on this one.

So let's see what this new guy and his crew are all about. The thing really killing Iran is Obama's denying them access to USD.

I myself don't have enough of them smile.png but as a government and in their economy and financial system they have even less.

I'll make a statement, and expect no one to agree with me. But hey, you know what they say about opinions. smile.png

I like the main street Iranian people. I find them refreshingly different from many people in that area. I've pointed this out before, but Iranians aren't Arabs. They are Persians. It is hard, and debatable, to define their region, and to differentiate their ancient historical culture from the Muslim culture. I think of their region as S. Asia as do many others. But since the Middle East is also debatable as to borders, (some say it's a sub region of Europe, ignoring that some think Egypt is part of the ME.)

But the Persians' native culture is more like India if you subtract the Muslim encroachment in the leadership and among some of the people.

I think you'll find it's the other way round. Before Islam arrived the Persians were Zoroastrians and worshiped Ahura Mazda. Some of them emigrated in around the 10th century to India where they became the Parsis. Some of the richest men in India are Parsis as was Freddie Mercury.

There you go. Obama and Kerry could become best friends with Rouhani and negotiate the best deal on earth…………………… but it doesn't matter because it will still not prevent warsad.png

He said that Israel would act alone militarily to stop an Iranian bomb if necessary and insisted that Iran not be allowed to keep any enriched uranium in any diplomatic deal.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/middle-east/a-wolf-in-sheeps-clothing-dont-be-fooled--iran-still-wants-nuclear-bomb-says-israeli-pm-benjamin-netanyahu-8852173.html

Israel will not act alone. Even if it does act alone, it won't be left alone for very long. Help will be right behind them.

As it should be. Iran has repeatedly violated its commitments and assurances. The US has acted irresponsibly, and the UN ineffectively in preventing it. If Iran develops a weapon, and threatens the stability of the region with it, not to mention subverting the entire principle of non-proliferation, and Israel finds itself forced to act against a regime which has declared itself commited to that nation's destruction, and other nations initiate their own nuclear weapons programs, we can lay all this at the feet of the US and UN. We were warned and knew the risks, and accepted them. Now the chickens come home to roost.