The Monk - are the pattaya bars still open?

genghis15

Following the death of the monk, Nana Plaza is shut tonight.

I went to see a blues band on Soi 11 and was told no music for 15 days.

Maybe that means bars as wel;l by tomorrow?

I'm in Patters tomorrow for 5 days, will be pretty disappointed if I can't even go to a bar, after flying 6000 miles.

Any news ?

That was just the question I was asking myself:Was about to head out to Pattaya (from BKK) for the weekend, but now with a mourning period of 15 days that seems to be pretty pointless. Unless I get some word to the contrary I assume that the nightlife will be closed down or 'very subdued' for at least 3 days.

He was not "the monk". He was the Supreme Patriarch. You could at least acknowledge the reality and show some respect, even if it means nothing to you.

"He was the Supreme Patriarch"

He was a guy, who most people, Thai or farang, didn't even know was alive, until he died!!

And I still fail to see, how having a drink or two is showing disrespect??whistling.gif

Twaddle. Lots knew. And I said nothing about drinking. Or I wouldn't be out drinking right now :)

Edited by WitawatWatawit
  • Like 1

He was not "the monk". He was the Supreme Patriarch. You could at least acknowledge the reality and show some respect, even if it means nothing to you.

At least we are allowed to feel nothing for monk in this country ? I am happy to use this right ! You reply is as ridiculous as mine but the difference is that you don't know !

• Like 2

I talked to some Thai people today and asked about the Supreme Patriarch.

Never heard of the guy.

Didn't hear he died.

Didn't hear of the bars closing....and I was in a bar when I spoke with these people.

• Like 1