2014 KTM RC390 Leaked info.

denkiblue555

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Appears the price in LOS will start at Bt 339,000.

Not much excitement there - still, nice looking bike.

And where do you have the price from? KTM didnt released any price for the 390 models yet and i know for sure cause i made a downpayment for a duke 390 about 4 month ago and until now no news...

And where do you have the price from? KTM didnt released any price for the 390 models yet and i know for sure cause i made a downpayment for a duke 390 about 4 month ago and until now no news...

how much for the duke 390 ?... would defo be interested in one at a reasonble price !

Edited by William Osborne

Got the price from the KTM Thai Facebook page - I can't read Thai, so I may have been off.

It is in the comments section under a black/oragnge pic of the RC390 posted on OCT 28.

Interesting that there have been no announcements about the Duke 390 then?

What was their original timeline when you put the deposit down?

like i said before the is no official price yet the ones one forums etc are just rumors. When i put the deposit they said around Sep but now it seems like it will be officially introduced at the Motorshow end of this month. Also in Europe there has been a delay of the duke 390; actually there are still more sold than delivred.

like i said before the is no official price yet the ones one forums etc are just rumors. When i put the deposit they said around Sep but now it seems like it will be officially introduced at the Motorshow end of this month. Also in Europe there has been a delay of the duke 390; actually there are still more sold than delivred.

Well a couple of things we could look at is price in India where they are built.

(edit: The delay on the Duke 390 you spoke of was due to a factory strike in September )

The Duke 200 sells with registration for the equivalent of 60,000 baht but sells here for 200-249k

The Duke 390 with reg sells for 118k baht in India so....There is a high probability it will be over 300k here

Kind of a shame & how much is due to import tariff & how much is dealer profit I do not know.

But if it is due to excessive dealer profit KTM should step in & say something if they want their brand to

take hold here. They are nice well built bikes & if priced fairly or at least similar to other brand in that engine size range

I think it would be a choice of many. Instead it seems KTM Thailand would like to make it seem exclusive or "Ducati like".

But given the reality of the product & the increased competition in the smaller bike size range that is not possible IMHO

The RC390 has been officially announced now at the EICMA in Italy going on now.

They say they are thinking under 6000 Euros

http://www.asphaltandrubber.com/bikes/2014-ktm-rc390/

2014-KTM-RC390-17-635x422.jpg

Edited by meechai

Yep, huge profits same as Triumph. I'd boycott both companies on principle. Shame as I really like KTM's but their dealers in Thailand are taking the mickey. Plenty of choice now anyway so hopefully a lack of sales will force a rethink.

• Like 2

yes you are right about the pricing is actually a shame but it seems like KTM got a wind of change as can see in the price reduction of the duke 200. Still hoping the 390 will be priced somehow fairly (for sure it waill never reach indian prices) if not ill get back my deposit.

Yep, huge profits same as Triumph. I'd boycott both companies on principle. Shame as I really like KTM's but their dealers in Thailand are taking the mickey. Plenty of choice now anyway so hopefully a lack of sales will force a rethink.

totally agree with you.

a rc 390 need be here around 250 k and dealer still makes profit.

same as triumph a street triple which is 280,000 k thb in USA but 700.000 k thb here in Thailand!

britbike and kunka motors.

we just boycott!

yes you are right about the pricing is actually a shame but it seems like KTM got a wind of change as can see in the price reduction of the duke 200. Still hoping the 390 will be priced somehow fairly (for sure it waill never reach indian prices) if not ill get back my deposit.

Yes surely not India Prices same as India does not get Thai built for our price.

But also I realize the prices I quoted for KTM were retail price in India not dealer costs

Yet if we just go with that "retail" price & add an import tax of say even 70% or 82,600

( I do not know what the import tax for a new 390 is maybe more maybe less than 70%?)

But lets say 70% for examples sake we now have retail 118k+ 82.6k or 200,600 Baht

Now lets see what the Thai dealers want to add for profit.

I also hope like you do for a fair price as it is a nice bike for here I think.

Edited by meechai

What is the price now? At introduction it was 200 200 THB wasn't it?

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

There's something about the front end design that just looks wrong. Like they've taken the front of an adventure bike and stuck it onto a sports bike.

It would want to be a helluva lot of fun if it's to be 75% more expensive than a CBR500, 50% more than the Benelli, while also being in the Er-6 and CBR650 price range.

Until KTM have a factory in Thailand, pricing isnt going to change much. Whether or not Kunka is greedy, volume is going to be low and bikes cost 2x what they should thanks to import tax only. Too bad, this bike in particular looks great and imagine it was the same price as a Cbr300 ... Wow

^

ohhh, a 120 k thb bike in India is 339 k thb in Thailand, super greedy dealer and this bike does not worth 339 k as the only difference between duke 200 and 390 is the engine!

No respect for the guys buying this bike for this price and do not boycott.

also this is the price for duke 390 so it looks like they will sell rc390 for 400 k thb!!!???

Edited by ll2

Yes I feel they are screwing the pooch on this one too.

I see they list the Duke 200 at its original 249k

So there is the possibility of this seeing 289k

Which is still 300k insured & registered etc.

Dumb IMHO

But cannot even compare relations with Duke 200 price really as the 200 is also overpriced IMO

Duke 200cc should be 160k MAX

Duke 390cc should be 210-220k MAX IMHO

Edited by meechai

i say 160 k for 200 and 240 k for rc390. more than that, they go <deleted>.k themselves.

ps: anyone has problems posting on TV today? constant problems all day today for me.

Edited by ll2

Price for Duke 390 is 339k

attachicon.gifduke.jpg

Sad as this is, just forget about KTM for the time being. Prices make no sense whatsoever. They can't really do anything about the import taxes but it looks like they add a hefty markup to that as well. This might work for the high end - if you have 1M baht to spend on a bike maybe you won't mind 1.3M. But it does not make sense with KTMs corporate small bikes, small prices strategy.

• Like 2

Sad as this is, just forget about KTM for the time being. Prices make no sense whatsoever. They can't really do anything about the import taxes but it looks like they add a hefty markup to that as well. This might work for the high end - if you have 1M baht to spend on a bike maybe you won't mind 1.3M. But it does not make sense with KTMs corporate small bikes, small prices strategy.

Have to agree Nik

BTW: Would you ( or anyone )happen to know what the import tax % is on a bike this cc size & from India?

I am just wondering

Have to agree Nik

BTW: Would you ( or anyone )happen to know what the import tax % is on a bike this cc size & from India?

I am just wondering

I kind of assumed that import tax is 100%, unless there's a FTA. I don't know the facts / details though - would be interested to know myself.

Other imports - which by now is basically BMW and a few Ducatis - seem to be 2x as expensive here as they are in the USA. I was basing my assumption that KTM is adding a hefty markup on the fact that the KTMs are significantly more than 2x US price.

Edited by nikster
  • Like 1

Have to agree Nik

I am just wondering

I kind of assumed that import tax is 100%, unless there's a FTA. I don't know the facts / details though - would be interested to know myself.

Other imports - which by now is basically BMW and a few Ducatis - seem to be 2x as expensive here as they are in the USA. I was basing my assumption that KTM is adding a hefty markup on the fact that the KTMs are significantly more than 2x US price.

I wonder why we don't see any grey market ktm's here from India. It should make sense for some businesses to import them.

If Kunka were serious they would go the same route as Kia cars. Import the main components and build up with remaining 40% Thai parts... much cheaper import duty. It's classed as a Thai bike. Same as the Kia was for the 1st car user scheme.

Sent from my phone with the app thingy.

If Kunka were serious they would go the same route as Kia cars. Import the main components and build up with remaining 40% Thai parts... much cheaper import duty. It's classed as a Thai bike. Same as the Kia was for the 1st car user scheme.

Sent from my phone with the app thingy.

kunka wants to get rich the thai way, with the least amount of effort possible. create a monopoly and overcharge...

I wonder why we don't see any grey market ktm's here from India. It should make sense for some businesses to import them.

They do have them.

In fact they have now found an easier way to do so.

They have a transporter take them from India to Cambodia.

(They have an agent purchase in the buyers name & register the bike in India)

Then the buyer from Thailand goes & rides them into Thailand from Cambodia & apply/receive a temp Thai registration.

The only hassle being they need to renew every 6 months.

Your method of calculating max price is the same as mine & what I have seen on other imports.

But that is not to say it is the tax as that rough calc includes the profit in that 100% markup.

I was just wondering because I think the tax also goes by engine size.

Maybe RichardBKK knows?

Retail in India is 1.88lakh or 93,862 Baht

http://www.zigwheels.com/newbikes/KTM/Duke/390-ABS

Edited by meechai