Police urged to hunt down pick-up used in attack

Lite Beer

POLITICS
Police urged to hunt down pick-up used in attack
The Sunday Nation

30218567-01_big.gif

Democrat politician Korn Chatikavanij

National police chief Adul Saengsingkaew yesterday urged police to hunt down a Toyota pickup truck used by suspects in an early morning attack on Passanoch Hautavanija, assistant to Democrat MP and former finance minister, Korn Chatikavanij.

Adul said it was reported that the vehicle carried the licence number "Kor Khor 5272". Investigations have found that there are 31 vehicles bearing the same licence plate, three of which are in other provinces.

Police will summon the owners of the vehicles to help with their investigations and will also check CCTV footage of the area during the time of the attack, he added.

Passanoch, 35, was attacked at around 3am by two men while eating at a noodle shop in Silom. He had been taking part in an anti-government rally near Samsen Railway Station. The attackers then fled in the pickup. Passanoch sustained head and face injuries that required a total of 20 stitches. He was rushed to Chulalongkorn Hospital by passers-by.

Passanoch said he believed the attack was politically motivated.

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2013-11-03

Err, 31 vehicles bearing the same plate? Only in Thailand!!

Thai is very tonal

...... apparently and also very tonal sighted.....

I can just see some guy in the prison license plate making shop saying....... I just loved that number so much , and it was so easy to make, so I made 50 of them....

How many others may be in this position....... in case of crime and escape by vehicle, what good does it do to get the license plate number?????

Hey and all you anti Thai bashers, bashers...... you can add this to the Thai Disgrace file.

I am very worried that there are 31 number plates the same as mine on my car, many could be involved in bad crimes and I could be a suspect---YOU STUPID licensing authorities.

Must be the same as my 2 rolleyes.gifwhistling.gifblink.png

Edited by sjjmmi

It may be how the story has been worded but I'm not impressed with the idea that the National Police Chief has to ' urge ' his officers to do their job.

I wonder if he included the word ' please ' too ?

You beat me to it.

How descriptive of the police in Thailand as a whole. Many not that useless but there seems to be a large percentage of them who need being told their job is more than collecting tea money for bike riders with out helmets.

• Like 1

Thai is very tonal

I can just see some guy in the prison license plate making shop saying....... I just loved that number so much , and it was so easy to make, so I made 50 of them....

How many others may be in this position....... in case of crime and escape by vehicle, what good does it do to get the license plate number?????

Hey and all you anti Thai bashers, bashers...... you can add this to the Thai Disgrace file.

No harm intended but all countries have disgrace files.

I am still an anti Thai Basher.

Are you still looking for business opportunity's in Myanmar?

I am very worried that there are 31 number plates the same as mine on my car, many could be involved in bad crimes and I could be a suspect---YOU STUPID licensing authorities.

Don't worry about it, only vehicles used in attacking anti-government protestors have ambiguous plates.

• Like 1

FYI, license plate number is only unique in the province. Every license plates come with the province name on the bottom, and the complete, uniquely identifiable license plate details must include the province as well.

FYI, license plate number is only unique in the province. Every license plates come with the province name on the bottom, and the complete, uniquely identifiable license plate details must include the province as well.

Thanks for the information.

I was wondering if the license details on record would mention whether it was a sedan or a pick up truck? That would narrow the search down.

Adul said it was reported that the vehicle carried the licence number "Kor Khor 5272". Investigations have found that there are 31 vehicles bearing the same licence plate, three of which are in other provinces.

In other words there are 28 vehicles with the same number from the same province!!! Presumably Bangkok!

It may be how the story has been worded but I'm not impressed with the idea that the National Police Chief has to ' urge ' his officers to do their job.

I wonder if he included the word ' please ' too ?

You beat me to it.

How descriptive of the police in Thailand as a whole. Many not that useless but there seems to be a large percentage of them who need being told their job is more than collecting tea money for bike riders with out helmets.

You are perfectly correct and for me anyway the expression ' public service ' in Thailand is a complete misnomer.

Many years ago the other newspaper featured an article in which people in various jobs were asked about their attitude to their work.. If I remember correctly 44% of police officers canvassed said they didn't like their job and only did it for the salary.

Unfortunately the word salary wasn't highlighted correctly as it should have been in inverted commas.

• Like 1

There is another report on this in the Bangkok Post, which sometimes has a tendency to be more accurate than The Nation, that states that witnesses identified a bronze Toyota car with the numbers 5272 but could not remember the accompanying letters. That could explain why there are several vehicles identified with that (partial) registration.

As far as this report is concerned then maybe Thailand isn't as stupid as the bashers would like it seen to be.

Thai is very tonal

They'll figure it out - the truck was silver.................

Thanks for the information.

I was wondering if the license details on record would mention whether it was a sedan or a pick up truck? That would narrow the search down.

Of course they got it all -- colour, car type, engine number, engine type etc. They already narrowed the search down to 3 cars and summoning the owners for investigation already. I doubt if this investigation would go any farther anyway. Police tends to suspend the case where opposition is a victim.

If your avatar is anything to go by, the other 31 with "your" number, have more reason to be worried!!w00t.gif

There is another report on this in the Bangkok Post, which sometimes has a tendency to be more accurate than The Nation, that states that witnesses identified a bronze Toyota car with the numbers 5272 but could not remember the accompanying letters. That could explain why there are several vehicles identified with that (partial) registration.

As far as this report is concerned then maybe Thailand isn't as stupid as the bashers would like it seen to be.

They also stated he visited an "entertainment venue" in Silom 2 after he left the rally. Do you think he lost his trousers there? And was his friend with the plaster on his cheek beaten up as well?

Edited by fab4

" there are 31 vehicles bearing the same licence plate, three of which are in other provinces."

Still, 28 from the same province is quite a lot. Or am I misinterpreting the meaning of the statement?

" there are 31 vehicles bearing the same licence plate, three of which are in other provinces."

Still, 28 from the same province is quite a lot. Or am I misinterpreting the meaning of the statement?

The english translation is wrong. From Thai news source is, from 31 cars, there are three cars' type and colour that matched with the eyewitness' statement, which all of them (31 cars) are from other provinces i.e. not a Bangkok license plate. The format of license numbers of Bangkok and provincial plate are different -- Bangkok's license plate starts with number and provincial one starts with Thai letter.

I love it when the police have to be Urged to do their job. The law is just a simple suggestion here. Unless you are an expat/tourist. Then the law is crystal clear. If I stab a Thai person in the hand on Beach Road in Pattaya do you think the fine would be 500 baht? It was for the Thai vendor there.

MODS BE AWARE...I thought it was against TVF rules to mention the OTHER newspaper, So that makes the basher of bashers stupid.

• Like 1

MODS BE AWARE...I thought it was against TVF rules to mention the OTHER newspaper, So that makes the basher of bashers stupid.

now now stop telling tales in school......or youl get a visit from the smack fairy....biggrin.png