Forza Akrapovic exhaust.

dogpoo

I have this exhaust for sale, only used for approx 500kms it's not noisy but after using it for a while I prefer the quietness of the stock exhaust, cost over 18000฿ will except 12k for a quick sale. It has an extra bolt in the exhaust bracket to add stability and also has an extra small bracket which attaches to the top of the heat guard again to add stability. post-166124-1383475356759_thumb.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Man good pipe. Pity you are selling it.

Is it still noisy with the baffle installed?

Also loud pipes save lives.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

No it's not noisy, I have just decided I like the stock exhaust better! sorry I don't agree with the loud pipes saves lives thing! loud pipes piss people off!!

• Like 1

That's a good one. I wanted to buy one before but I ended up staying with the stock one for the same reason you are selling it. These aftermarket exhausts are f....ing loud compared to stock.

This Akrapovic with the DB killer installed is not noisy at all and that comes from someone that hates noisy exhausts with a vengeance, I just prefer the quite stock exhaust! Yes some aftermarket exhausts are terrible!

No it's not noisy, I have just decided I like the stock exhaust better! sorry I don't agree with the loud pipes saves lives thing! loud pipes piss people off!!

maybe pisses you off but saving my life!

maybe pisses you off but saving my life!

A noisy exhaust is as much a life saver as it is a life taker, I wish the police would come down hard on people that think an exhaust that is so loud as to cause distraction to everyone around is great!! there is only one thing that is going to save your life and that is driving sensibly at a speed that is sensible!!

Totally agree with the loud pipes here in thailand. So many dogs and people who just don't look when turning onto a road. My akrapovic has saved me a few times here,I'm sure
  • Like 1

Totally agree with the loud pipes here in thailand. So many dogs and people who just don't look when turning onto a road. My akrapovic has saved me a few times here,I'm sure

Rubbish, exhaust noise is not directional, no one knows where the noise is coming from, you are more likely to scare people in to doing something silly because of the excessive noise!! it has never and can never be proved excessive noise saves lives!!

Rubbish, exhaust noise is not directional, no one knows where the noise is coming from, you are more likely to scare people in to doing something silly because of the excessive noise!! it has never and can never be proved excessive noise saves lives!!

Maybe true on your wife's brothers 1998 honda wave

• 1 month later...

There are "loud" pipes (Akra, Yoshis etc) and there are LOUD pipes. I like the sounds of the former but hate the sounds of the latter (I stay at the Sukhumvit / Asoke intersection, believe me, I know the meaning of LOUD).

While I cannot say definitely whether loud pipes will save lives, I can say that stupid riding will kill you, loud pipe or not. I prefer to take my chances with riding defensively, being constantly aware of traffic situations and watching out for potential hazards. If I would get a nickel for everytime I thought a car would cut into my lane and subsequently does, I might be rich enough to fit some Yoshis on my Versys (maybe even an Akra on my KLX, but I won't fit any aftermarket exhausts on my Ninja 1000 for now - I love the soft, seductive sound of an inline 4). As for my PCX, hey, why would I put on an after market exhaust that would cost 1/4 of the price of the bike???

One Somchai cut today just in front of me because the stock pipe was not loud enough. Nobody looks in the mirror anyway, if they have one. So a loud pipe is necessary for your own safety. Need to get one for my new old ER6n. After reading that 100 pages thread I think I'll get a Two Bros. How's the Akrapovic in comparison?

One Somchai cut today just in front of me because the stock pipe was not loud enough. Nobody looks in the mirror anyway, if they have one. So a loud pipe is necessary for your own safety. Need to get one for my new old ER6n. After reading that 100 pages thread I think I'll get a Two Bros. How's the Akrapovic in comparison?

The Akra for the "old" ER6N is much better than the two bros which sound like a fartring machine. Akra has a nice deep rumbling sound also gain of hp is better for the Akra. Check the ER6thai forum for some 2nd hand ones they do appear there sometimes.

• Like 1

I second that a loud pipe can add some safety.

On my RkV200, the torque benefit is also quite priceless in many circomstances, epecially with a passenger or riding on uphill, montains etc...

One a bigger bike, surely it doesn't matter too much.

Just one question: what benefits does one get from installing a different exhaust?

I gain more torque bu changing Exhaust on my RKV 200

more sproty sound, and few more HP

Any way to get the HP without the sound?

Just one question: what benefits does one get from installing a different exhaust?

I gain more torque bu changing Exhaust on my RKV 200

more sproty sound, and few more HP

Any way to get the HP without the sound?

Get a bigger engine

• Like 1

It's not a waste to people who have no interest what so ever in increasing hp, there are people who buy things purely to make something in there eyes look better! I have never bought anything for any bike to increase it's output everything has been added to make it look better in my eyes, so no its not a waste to many!!

Edited by dogpoo

There are a few reasons to put an aftermarket exhaust like Termi, Yoshimura, akrapovic etc. on a bike. Looks, weight -saving (for carbon fibre), 'nicer' sound and performance gain. A slip-on usually only gives a couple of extra hp if any.

Personally I think trying to make a Forza 'look better' is an exercise in futility.

Edited by H1w4yR1da

There are a few reasons to put an aftermarket exhaust like Termi, Yoshimura, akrapovic etc. on a bike. Looks, weight -saving (for carbon fibre), 'nicer' sound and performance gain. A slip-on usually only gives a couple of extra hp if any.Personally I think trying to make a Forza 'look better' is an exercise in futility.

And you have said the right thing, personally to you it is a waste of time, to people who own the Forza it is not a waste of time, thank god there are people in the world with different opinions different ideas etc if everyone was the same it would be a very boring world, I am not interested in more power from the standard bike, to me and others making a bike look better is the goal, then there are the people who are interested in making more power to a standard bike, no one is wrong in what they do as it's there choice!!

As a note the Forza standard exhaust is extremely heavy, the Akrapovic is half the weight if not more than half the weight of the stock exhaust so some benefit there!

Edited by dogpoo
  • Like 2